Everything FRED JACKSON

Hey guys,

This was posted late last week but the link was taken down on Sunday night. Here is a new link for anyone who missed it. Let me know what you think and please follow me on twitter at twitter.com/georgeskoutakis

I will be doing more things like this with the Bills in the future and look forward to hearing what you guys think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVOEmITU7II

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,

This was posted late last week but the link was taken down on Sunday night. Here is a new link for anyone who missed it. Let me know what you think and please follow me on twitter at twitter.com/georgeskoutakis

I will be doing more things like this with the Bills in the future and look forward to hearing what you guys think!

youtube.com/watch?v=zVOEmITU7II

Great video, and welcome aboard. Thanks for posting that.

Hey guys,

youtube.com/watch?v=zVOEmITU7II

That was awesome. Great video...great player...great feeling watching it. Very well done!

Nice job! Great story. The more you stop and think about it, the more amazing Fred's story seems. He didn't just make his way up through the ranks to the NFL - he made it up through the ranks to become a legitimate MVP candidate at age 30 (which is old for a RB, though we know he hasn't had the years of bodily abuse yet).

Buffalo Bills running back Fred Jackson has been one of the best performers in the NFL this season, but doesn't have the salary to back up his numbers.

Having been vocal about wanting a new contract earlier in the season, Jackson told a national radio show that he's had a face-to-face meeting with Bills general manager Buddy Nix -- to which WGR Sports Radio 550 can confirm, according to sources.

The meeting was said to be a healthy one between the two, and Jackson came away confident that a deal would get done.

Multiple sources to WGR can confirm an earlier report by ProFootballTalk.com, that the Bills intend to strike deals with a pair of players that do not have a contract in place for next season. Those players include kicker Rian Lindell and right tackle Erik Pears.

Once those two contracts are finalized, the Bills will then focus on paying Jackson. The team's top running back has the rest of this season and another year remaining on his current contract that will pay him $1.75 million total in 2011, and $1.83 million for 2012. -wgr

Hate to say this but I sense that Stevie is not anywhere close to being a priority as far as re-signing and I'm not sure why. (only thing I can think of is Stevie would prefer long term stability (and they know it) and not the franchise tag which is what has been leaked recently. but why would the team want to franchise him when they can resign him for less than the price of the franchise tag? are they unsure of stevie or do they believe wide receivers are easy to find? or is this simply a negotiating tactic? just asking questions)

SJ at 25 doesn't have the age liability of Jackson at 30. SJ knows he will be worth a lot more so I think the lack of urgency is coming more from him and his agent than from the Bills, who I'm sure would love to lock him up at something below a competitive free agent rate. But neither SJ nor his agent seem the type to settle for a nickel less. Not getting any sense of loyalty from them.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Hate to say this but I sense that Stevie is not anywhere close to being a priority as far as re-signing and I'm not sure why. (only thing I can think of is Stevie would prefer long term stability (and they know it) and not the franchise tag which is what has been leaked recently. but why would the team want to franchise him when they can resign him for less than the price of the franchise tag? are they unsure of stevie or do they believe wide receivers are easy to find? or is this simply a negotiating tactic? just asking questions)

Alternatively, they know they have a year and a half to get his deal done, and a large gap to bridge still.

It is my hope that they will lock up these other guys and then turn their attention to Stevie big time.....

He is the Andre Reed of this generation of Bills.

Completely agree and have the same hope. Stevie NEEDS to be locked up long term. I believe it will happen. He has a bigger positive influence on the Bills players and Bills in general than just his playmaking skills. He is earning a pay raise in a big way.