Interesting Observations

BuckeyeBill

From what I have observed on this board, most people see the Bills finishing 9-7, maybe 10-6, or 11-5 at best. But according to the Power Rankings, that seems pesimistic to me.

Of the Bills 7 games they have played, only one team is ranked lower than 18 in the league (the beleagured Washington Redskins) The Bills are 4-2 against opponents ranked 18 and higher.

Meanwhile of the Bills remaining 9 games, five of them will be against teams ranked lower than 18.

So far, the Bills have shown no signs of playing down to their opponents, and therefore should destroy all five of these teams (like they did to the Chiefs and Redskins). I then think it is realistic that the Bills will split against healthier competition. That will put the Bills at 12-4 at the end of the year.

Hey, if the Bills beat all the teams ranked below them, we are looking at 13-3.

Can't argue with the Power Rankings... or can you?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2011/week/9

Edited by BuckeyeBill

Forget power rankings. Check out the below link

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/order/false

Other than the Niners, no team with a winning record has a comparable record in Strength of Schedule or Strength of victory. They have had the toughest road to date and have played fantastic.

My prediction at this point - 11 wins

NYJ - should split (1 win)

Mia - should sweep (2 wins)

Den - should win (1 win)

Ten - 50% chance of winning (1/2 win)

SD - 50% chance of winning (1/2 win)

NE - 1/3 chance of winning (1/3 win)

Dal - 2/3 chance of winning (2/3 win)

You can argue with them alot. But if our defense is improved, I'll buy 13-3, why not? I freakin' love this team.

Forget power rankings. Check out the below link

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/order/false

Other than the Niners, no team with a winning record has a comparable record in Strength of Schedule or Strength of victory. They have had the toughest road to date and have played fantastic.

My prediction at this point - 11 wins

NYJ - should split (1 win)

Mia - should sweep (2 wins)

Den - should win (1 win)

Ten - 50% chance of winning (1/2 win)

SD - 50% chance of winning (1/2 win)

NE - 1/3 chance of winning (1/3 win)

Dal - 2/3 chance of winning (2/3 win)

Why why why why why why why? Really, WHY? Why does everyone think the Cowboys have a chance? They are AWFUL.

You can argue with them alot. But if our defense is improved, I'll buy 13-3, why not? I freakin' love this team.

Why why why why why why why? Really, WHY? Why does everyone think the Cowboys have a chance? They are AWFUL.

Road game. Otherwise, I agree. The Cowboys get more credit than they deserve each year.

Edited by TheBows

I am trying to be realistic. In reality, we probably have about a 35-40% chance to beat San Diego and a 55-60% chance to beat Tennessee. Would I love it if the Bills ran the table and ended 14-2. You bet. But I was trying to look at this statistically.

I went to the Ravens/Cards game, and while I like the Ravens, they looked absolutely dreadful for the first 30 minutes. If the Cards weren't so bad, I'm not sure the Ravens would have scored 10, let alone the required 30 to pull out the win. Despite his numbers, the Ravens won in spite of Flacco (who looks like he will piss his pants on every down). I expect Flacco to get drilled in Pittsburgh.

Therefore, it's hard for me to fathom how how Clayton believes the Ravens are the second best team.

When was the last time you saw this about an opposing division team in the Power Rankings:

"Two November games against Buffalo could determine the Jets' playoff fate." (Walker)

For that matter, when was the last time you saw this about the Bills?

"It's November, and the first-place Bills control their playoff destiny."