Jim Kelly at Republican Convention?

Mark Vader

I was just watching the Republican Convention on Fox News. During the 9/11 tribute, the camera flashed on the crowd for about 3-5 seconds, and I swear I saw Jim Kelly. Anyone else see him?

I know this is probably a lame topic, but it's always good to see old Jimbo.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His presence would be somewhat surprising since from what I read of Krabbe's disease there is some talk of stem cell research potentially being useful for research into understanding this disease.

Perhaps his religious leanings make him unlaterably opposed to this or the stem cell talk is simply the talk of scientists looking for research money and had little to do with reality. Yet, blanket opposition to stem cell research has certainly moved many a conservative such as Nancy Ragan to openly question the President.

Perhaps Jimbo is there to try to light a fire under the conservative elements who control the GOP platform to have a concern about kids who are alive and not simply kids who may be alive.

I was just watching the Republican Convention on Fox News. During the 9/11 tribute, the camera flashed on the crowd for about 3-5 seconds, and I swear I saw Jim Kelly. Anyone else see him?

I know this is probably a lame topic, but it's always good to see old Jimbo.

12501[/snapback]

Kelly has campaigned with Republicans on numerous occasions-great QB but nobody's perfect.

12505[/snapback]

so if he was a democrat it'd be better?

give me one good argument that demonstrates that the democratic party has better ideals and is better for the country long term.

i registered as a dem in 1988, and that hasn't changed. what has changed is i realized that theres an abundance of bad ideas and hypocrisy there.

if the pat robertson types didn't ruin the right with their moralizing, i'd make the switch. Conservatism has common sense on its side.

give me one good argument that demonstrates that the democratic party has better ideals and is better for the country long term.

Well, they arent George Bush, they were in vietnam....they like old people and the poor....and evidently they have a plan to help the economy, but wont tell us until they get elected.....

Yeah, great platform guys...Brilliant... You dont win an election by not being someone. Ask Rick Lazio how that works. It might work for 40% of the population, but in order to get the other 11% you actually need to have something more than your questionable service in vietnam 40 years ago to back you up.

For the first time in my life, im considering NOT voting republican. But I sure as stevstojan wont be voting for Mr. Kerry.

I have had it up to my ears with the 2 party system in this country. Its not about whats best for america, its about winning. If you can take both sides of every issue and make 51% of the people happy with you...so be it. If you dont have the balls to do what needs to be done in Iraq, because you are worried about political fallout, so be it. Keep mismanaging the war and letting our boys die over there, yeah, thats a better strategy. Mr. Bush PLEASE dont be afraid to do what needs to be done.

So instead of focusing on these important issues, we talk about whether John Kerry was in Cambodia during christmas of 1968, or whether George Bush's service was good enough to be considered noble and worthy of the presidency.

Screw both parties. I will be voting for Ralph Nader. Not because I agree with him on any issue. (Because I dont think there is a single one). But because a vote for nadar is a vote against the establishment of 2 political parties. And honestly the way the parties are treating 3rd party candidates these days are ridiculous. Ballot access denied because the pages were in the wrong order...Give me a break.

Well, they arent George Bush, they were in vietnam....they like old people and the poor....and evidently they have a plan to help the economy, but wont tell us until they get elected.....

Yeah, great platform guys...Brilliant...  You dont win an election by not being someone.  Ask Rick Lazio how that works.  It might work for 40% of the population, but in order to get the other 11% you actually need to have something more than your questionable service in vietnam 40 years ago to back you up.

For the first time in my life, im considering NOT voting republican. But I sure as stevstojan wont be voting for Mr. Kerry. 

I have had it up to my ears with the 2 party system in this country.  Its not about whats best for america, its about winning.  If you can take both sides of every issue and make 51% of the people happy with you...so be it.  If you dont have the balls to do what needs to be done in Iraq, because you are worried about political fallout, so be it.  Keep mismanaging the war and letting our boys die over there, yeah, thats a better strategy.  Mr. Bush PLEASE dont be afraid to do what needs to be done.

So instead of focusing on these important issues, we talk about whether John Kerry was in Cambodia during christmas of 1968, or whether George Bush's service was good enough to be considered noble and worthy of the presidency.

Screw both parties.  I will be voting for Ralph Nader.  Not because I agree with him on any issue.  (Because I dont think there is a single one).  But because a vote for nadar is a vote against the establishment of 2 political parties.  And honestly the way the parties are treating 3rd party candidates these days are ridiculous.  Ballot access denied because the pages were in the wrong order...Give me a break.

12575[/snapback]

Check out the libertarians. That's who the Republicans tend to campaign like. It's too bad they govern like liberals...

i registered as a dem in 1988, and that hasn't changed. what has changed is i realized that theres an abundance of bad ideas and hypocrisy there.

if the pat robertson types didn't ruin the right with their moralizing, i'd make the switch. Conservatism has common sense on its side.

12526[/snapback]

Dude, you're bringing a tear to my eye. If you were here, I'd hug ya. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

holy crap, that's THE PERFECT example of the sophomoric "debate" cliches you hear from the left.

"they aren't george bush"

Great reason to vote for a president. That he's not someone else. Powerful stuff.

"The like old people and the poor"

Are you kidding me? are your brains REAA-heh-HEALLY that tiny?

come ON, man...

Dude, you're bringing a tear to my eye. If you were here, I'd hug ya. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

12585[/snapback]

i just remembered that you're a fan of ya-yas, per your avatar. i'm sending you a link to the best you'll ever see. i'm not kidding. tell me i'm wrong.

i just remembered that you're a fan of ya-yas, per your avatar. i'm sending you a link to the best you'll ever see. i'm not kidding. tell me i'm wrong.

12601[/snapback]

Sweet mother of all that is good in the world....

You are not wrong.

And TWINS!!!

12526[/snapback]

Very well said!

I come from a LONG line of Dems, but I realized a long time ago I was a Conservative. The far right is about the last place You'll find me, but the common sense you speak of is what keeps me hopeful...

I know this much, a Conservative philosopy in Congress is making a major push to completely overhaul our Tax system in the US. And if they have their way there will be no more IRS. That has me towing the Company line...period...It sounds like a pipe dream, and the Dems will demagouge the idea to death. But it's real, and America should be behind the idea 100% (yes even the Lefties, though that will never happen). To me, this issue (National Sales Tax) is at the heart of Conservative Politics, and it's a flat out winner...

BTW, I'm not the biggest Bush lover in the world (he's a little too moderate for me, but I understand why). But in this case, more than any other Pres Election I can remember, the Dem alternative is an absolute NO WAY! B)

holy crap, that's THE PERFECT example of the sophomoric "debate" cliches you hear from the left.

"they aren't george bush"

Great reason to vote for a president. That he's not someone else. Powerful stuff.

"The like old people and the poor"

Are you kidding me? are your brains REAA-heh-HEALLY that tiny?

Listen, im not completely adverse to voting for a democrat. But give me a reason to! John Kerry has done nothing but talk about his service in Vietnam, and offer promises such as cut taxes for the middle class, give health care to everyone and balance the budget. Somehow those things just dont add up. You cant cut taxes, increase spending and balance the budget. The one time you should be differnetiating yourself from the president. Its called Class warfare, and its wrong. By the way, its just as wrong as the republicans claiming that america wont be safe under a kerry administration, and just as wrong as democrats claiming republicans will cut social security benefits. And who cares about what happened in 1968? DROP IT. Its irrelavant!

My point is simple. Kerry has given me no reason to vote FOR him. Perhaps if I was one of these juvinille democrats who only care that bush "stole" the election, and hate bush because of the ® next to his name, then I could muster up a vote for Kerry, but besides that...I got nothing.

On the contrary, Bush has given me plenty of reasons to vote against him. (see the budget deficit, TSA, CFR, Unsecured borders, economy and the war in iraq, not to mention this new intelegence director to oversee intelegence, which I thought the DHS was supposed to do.) When I put it that way, its amazing kerry isnt running away with this election. Perhaps if he had a backbone and a platform he would be. But instead all I see is a candidate who relies too much on Vietnam and playing class warfare games for votes. (not that bush himself is above this kind of politics, because if he was, we might actually have secured our borders by now)

This leaves me knowhere to go, but to the anti-establishment candidate. Nadar. I looked at Badnarik and the Libertarian party, and I entertained it for a while. But the way Democrats are treating nadars attempt to get on the ballot really gets my goat; so Nadar gets my vote.

Try to make a case FOR john kerry. I have yet to hear a good one. If you can actually produce such a diatribe, I think a resume to McCauliffe might be in order, because obviously nobody over at the DNC can do it.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Very well said!

I come from a LONG line of Dems, but I realized a long time ago I was a Conservative. The far right is about the last place You'll find me, but the common sense you speak of is what keeps me hopeful...

I know this much, a Conservative philosopy in Congress is making a major push to completely overhaul our Tax system in the US. And if they have their way there will be no more IRS. That has me towing the Company line...period...It sounds like a pipe dream, and the Dems will demagouge the idea to death. But it's real, and America should be behind the idea 100% (yes even the Lefties, though that will never happen). To me, this issue (National Sales Tax) is at the heart of Conservative Politics, and it's a flat out winner...

BTW, I'm not the biggest Bush lover in the world (he's a little too moderate for me, but I understand why). But in this case, more than any other Pres Election I can remember, the Dem alternative is an absolute NO WAY!  B)

12623[/snapback]

Bush is a little too moderate for you?

John, that's scary... I don't WANT to know who you'd elect as president then!

You must be speaking from a purely economic point of view.. I hope, anyways!

:unsure: