London Fletcher

Special K

Flecher had 20 tackles, 0.5 sacks, and an Interception...plus a few brutal hits, including one on Fitz.

Played with a chip on his shoulder today....always liked him as a Bill, and for a guy who was supposedly washed up 5 years ago when the previous regime decided not to re-sign him...I guess he had a lot left in the tank after all.

Just thought the former Bill deserved a shout-out as he was the only Redskin who showed up to play today.

Great, great player.

Those who criticized him for "making tackles far downfield" were always wrong about the guy and I'm glad to see he's finally gotten due respect, having made the Pro Bowl the last two years.

He's a fast-moving fire hydrant who never had a good line in front of him to keep him clean.

No telling how many more honors he'd have accumulated had he not played on so many mediocre defenses… more often than not he was the best player on every team he played on.

And Poz, love the guy, isn't half the player London is.

And he was playing with a sore hammy today.

Flecher had 20 tackles, 0.5 sacks, and an Interception...plus a few brutal hits, including one on Fitz.

Played with a chip on his shoulder today....always liked him as a Bill, and for a guy who was supposedly washed up 5 years ago when the previous regime decided not to re-sign him...I guess he had a lot left in the tank after all.

Just thought the former Bill deserved a shout-out as he was the only Redskin who showed up to play today.

London calling . . . Miss hearing that for the Bills. He came calling Fitz today. Yikes!

Other than letting Pat Williams walk, letting Fletcher go was about an equally a dumb move, that hurt us for years. Only now with the additions at mlb of Barnett, Sheppard and Dareus, Kyle Williams do those mistakes finally seem to be corrected.

Other than letting Pat Williams walk, letting Fletcher go was about an equally a dumb move, that hurt us for years. Only now with the additions at mlb of Barnett, Sheppard and Dareus, Kyle Williams do those mistakes finally seem to be corrected.

Correctamundo.

I live in DC and told my buddy if the Redskins had 11 London Fletchers they'd probably be 7-0.He was everywhere and the only person that was trying in the second half. I mean playing against the practice squad would have been a more difficult effort.

At the time I saw London's age so wasnt crushed when he left. But always loved his effort and leadership. Dick Mouron didn't know what to do with a guy like that he needed DBs at all 11 defensive positions.

Poz never could fill those shoes.

It really has taken until today to get back on track to any semblance of a defense. Not there yet but the arrow is pointed up.

Yep, how many years has it taken to correct those mistakes? But it looks like we finally have.

Brought back a lot of memories seeing him tackle runners 7-10 yards down the field.

I always cringe when I hear this. Really this is the dumbest criticism of Fletcher ever.

Flecther was the BEST player on a Super Bowl winning defense. He was an excellent Bill and he is still playing at a high level for the skins.

Even if he made some tackles downfield, if he doesn't make the tackle who does? Running backs in the NFL love to match up on DBs in the open field. Fletcher never stops playing, that is why he makes plays down field ans all over the field. Ask Fitz about the hit in the backfield?

If yesterdays did not show you he is still a beast then I guess nothing will.

he was also beat badly by scott chandler for two TDs

Make that 1.

Chandler wasn't his sole responsibility on the second TD.

He just was the only that realized Chandler was running uncovered.

After the play you can see Fletcher yelling at the DBs the one said "you're right, my bad"

Either way if your D-Co schemes to have 5-9 Fletcher cover 6-7 Chandler in the red zone. The play is over before it begins.

Lemme stop you there.

1) Pat Williams.

2) Antoine Winfield.

he was also beat badly by scott chandler for two TDs

You have to love how much heart he plays with and he is an outstanding player in all facets but one... he is a liability in pass coverage. Always has been. Poz was no better, either. Barnett is a step up; great leader, good tackling and the bonus he provides... he can cover against the pass.

what I miss the most about him are the 7 yard down field tackles. they were great hits to watch.

I was a fletcher fan in 2004, when he looked completely dominant, but after that season i didn't see the same game. Maybe it was the defense falling apart around him, but he essentially became a downfield tackler.

I always cringe when I hear this. Really this is the dumbest criticism of Fletcher ever.

Flecther was the BEST player on a Super Bowl winning defense. He was an excellent Bill and he is still playing at a high level for the skins.

Even if he made some tackles downfield, if he doesn't make the tackle who does? Running backs in the NFL love to match up on DBs in the open field. Fletcher never stops playing, that is why he makes plays down field ans all over the field. Ask Fitz about the hit in the backfield?

If yesterdays did not show you he is still a beast then I guess nothing will.

When have you ever seen Fletcher fill a gap and make a tackle at the line of scrimmage? The guy has zero tackles for losses.

That is nothing ordinary for Fletcher, he always comes to play and is a tackling machine. It is a shame it took him so long to get Pro Bowl notice, even when he was campaigning for it here in Buffalo, he didn't get it.