London Fletcher

Special K

Flecher had 20 tackles, 0.5 sacks, and an Interception...plus a few brutal hits, including one on Fitz.

Played with a chip on his shoulder today....always liked him as a Bill, and for a guy who was supposedly washed up 5 years ago when the previous regime decided not to re-sign him...I guess he had a lot left in the tank after all.

Just thought the former Bill deserved a shout-out as he was the only Redskin who showed up to play today.

Fletcher's pick was really nice. Other than that, I saw a guy who got abused in coverage and made a bunch of tackles several yards down the field as Jackson gashed that run defense.

He's a solid player--but wasn't worth the money to sign him 5 years ago.

what I miss the most about him are the 7 yard down field tackles. they were great hits to watch.

I was a fletcher fan in 2004, when he looked completely dominant, but after that season i didn't see the same game. Maybe it was the defense falling apart around him, but he essentially became a downfield tackler.

That happens to every good LB when the d-line falls apart. A few years ago, Ray Lewis was being subjected to the same criticism. They went and got Ngata, and that has all changed.

I always cringe when I hear this. Really this is the dumbest criticism of Fletcher ever.

Flecther was the BEST player on a Super Bowl winning defense. He was an excellent Bill and he is still playing at a high level for the skins.

Even if he made some tackles downfield, if he doesn't make the tackle who does? Running backs in the NFL love to match up on DBs in the open field. Fletcher never stops playing, that is why he makes plays down field ans all over the field. Ask Fitz about the hit in the backfield?

If yesterdays did not show you he is still a beast then I guess nothing will.

IMO, the times Fletcher made tackles down-field was when he played behind a lousy D-Line. Once he got Fat Pat and Sam in front of him he made plays up-field. Few LBs play great behind mediocre lines.