Tea party mentality could drive Vikings out of Minnesota

While the Green Bay model is no longer allowed, I don't know why you can't give municipalities a minority equity stake for their "investment"?

If the team moves or sells, the city gets its investment back with hopefully a little "capital gain" added in. :beer:

The local Hilton also brings in lots of tax revenue. Should our tax dollars help them redo their hotel?

Oh no, no. That would be "corporate welfare" and we should all be outraged about that. Spending $1B on a stadium that gets used ten times a year is complete different.

And I've been hearing for the last 20 years from the Chicken Littles about how small market teams will all disappear without these stadium boondoggles, yet there hasn't been a relocation of an NFL team in 14 years and the only cities that have EVER had an NFL team and don't have one today are LA, Portsmouth, OH and Decatur, IL.

And even those that do get some form of government assistance, usually in the form of road and infrastructure improvements.

PTR

Like cutting down all the wonderful old trees on Abbott road for a new lane? For 8 Sundays a year? I think the Bills would still be there without that. So it takes 5 more minutes to get to the stadium without gov "assistance"?

No taxpayer should EVER have to fork over a nickle for a professional sports team.

Like cutting down all the wonderful old trees on Abbott road for a new lane? For 8 Sundays a year? I think the Bills would still be there without that. So it takes 5 more minutes to get to the stadium without gov "assistance"?

No taxpayer should EVER have to fork over a nickle for a professional sports team.

Finally something we agree on, one of us must be wrong.

Start saying goodbye to the small and mid market teams and say hello to multiple NY/Boston/LA/Big Market teams

As bad as it sounds to be helping oput these million/billionaires by helping pay for stadiums or upgrades to them, by not helping, what is their reasoning for keeping their product (the sports franchise) in that area? If you don't support your government helping fund some of the upgrades/stadiums, then you better not be mad when they end up leaving for places that will Sports franchises and stadiums bring in alot of revenue into these areas, they should be entitled to some assistance from the governments to make the places better and help generate more tax revenue.

Wait-you're spending tax money to generate tax money? Why not keep[or better yet never collect] what you had?