[closed]If the Toronto doesn't sell out in time.....

Webster Guy

I heard the game isn't sold out as of noon wednesday, the deadline is getting pretty tight here.

We're 3 hours and 170 miles from Toronto in Rochester (unless you have a really fast boat)

Make that 4 hours plus because of the border delays.

It would seem we are way past the blackout zone with regard to driving distance/travel time, but not direct distance if they ignore Lake Ontario. Does anybody know?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackout_(broadcasting)

I dont know why the buffalo news would write that... everything else i saw while researching it said that the toronto series doesnt follow NFL blackout rules

Toronto Series games are the only NFL games not subject to the league's blackout restrictions. For instance, the 2010 Toronto Series preseason game had nearly 15,000 available seats but was still seen on television within the station's blackout zone.

I don't know the real answer, but this Wiki article says you're mistaken...

You misread the article. It refers to Bills games not sold out at RWS. Since technically Rogers bought all the tickets for games at Rogers Centre the games are considered sold out. Take a minute and remember all the empty seats at Toronto games the last 3 years, then realize you are seeing those empty seats because the games are on TV!

:doh:

PTR

I don't know the real answer, but this Wiki article says you're mistaken...

That applies to Bills home games in Buffalo being televised in Toronto. For TV purposes, the games in Toronto are considered sold out and will be shown in the Buffalo area.

Edit: Sorry Promo, you beat me to it.

Edited by nucci

Buffalo News disagrees.

http://www.buffalone...ticle607557.ece

That's why we call it The Buffalo Snooze

If you turn to today's Snooze sports section, page D2, you will see the game clearly listed in the bottom left column titled...

FOOTBALL ON TV

Sunday

4 p.m., Ch. 4, NFL: Buffalo vs. Washington at Toronto

(I guess the 'crack' reporters that wrote the front page article never bother to read their own paper.)

Link - Buffalo Snooze-Football on TV / This week’s schedule

post-2970-067230700 1319651453_thumb.gif

Edited by The Senator

Is the news article perhaps saying it will be blacked out in Toronto if it's not sold out?

Even the Bills' quick start this season, at 4-2, and the team's penchant for playing down-to-the-final-gun games haven't led fans to storm the ticket windows for Sunday's game.

Officials with the Bills-in-Toronto series stopped short Tuesday of saying they expect the game to sell out. But they are confident the game won't be blacked out.

The game needs to sell out 72 hours before kickoff -- by 4 p.m. Thursday -- for the blackout to be lifted, although the deadline could be extended. Any blackout would reach into the Buffalo area.

"We're doing better than we did last year," said Silvio D'Addario, vice president of events for Rogers Centre. "Last year, the game was not blacked out, and I don't see it being blacked out [sunday]."

http://www.buffalonews.com/city/article607557.ece

But then the article says the blackout would reach into the Buffalo area. Curious to find out what the real answer is.

Edited by Carey Bender

Rogers Communication will probably "buy out" all of the remaining tickets at the last minute, though they already have bought out all of the tickets. Its likely just a way to try to get more people to buy the tickets and travel the 2 hours to the game because they think it will be blacked out.

great move NFL and ralph for letting it happen. let's move 1 of only 8 games at home to a place where no one even gives a crap about football. let alone the bills. what other team in major sports plays one of their home games away from their home stadium every year? i can't think of one.

good work roger and ralph.

I wonder this time with the Bills doing better if more people from Buffalo might head up north for the game.

I know they offered blocks of tickets to season ticket holders at basically half-price, and sold out of what was available.

great move NFL and ralph for letting it happen. let's move 1 of only 8 games at home to a place where no one even gives a crap about football. let alone the bills. what other team in major sports plays one of their home games away from their home stadium every year? i can't think of one.

good work roger and ralph.

And yet, there are three more games at the Ralph, none of which is sold out right now.

Oh, and the Green Bay Packers played as many as three games a year in Milwaukee for decades...

Edited by RJ (not THAT RJ)

Rogers Communication will probably "buy out" all of the remaining tickets at the last minute, though they already have bought out all of the tickets. Its likely just a way to try to get more people to buy the tickets and travel the 2 hours to the game because they think it will be blacked out.

They already "bought" all the tickets when they paid Ralph $78.5M. The game is sold out. All the tickets are now being resold by Rogers to recoup their investment. If they don't sell those out it's Rogers' tough luck. We still get to watch on TV.

And yet, there are three more games at the Ralph, none of which is sold out right now.

Oh, and the Green Bay Packers played as many as three games a year in Milwaukee for decades...

The irony of it all. People piss and moan about one game in Toronto but can't be bothered to buy a ticket at RWS because it might be cold and the Bills might suck. All hail the greatest fans in the NFL.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot