The Potential: Buccaneers London Series

The recent news of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, being labeled in Roger Goodell's qoute as, "a global franchise." Has sparked some talk, that the move of having the Bucs play one-two games annually in London, will not only benefit the NFL, but the Tampa Bay Buccaneers!

The Buccaneers London Series Dilemma...

Granted, there could be another potential team playing a regular season home game in London, but as of right now--The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the leading team to play the London series...

Now, would this move benefit Tampa?...PUSH!....Since 2007, Tampa has only sold out a handful of games. The outlook for the rest of the 2011 season for sellouts, seems very bleak at best. Having this team receive world-wide attention, will brand the Bucs as a team to root for in Europe, but--this will probably only be short-term until 2016!

ESPN's blog article by Pat Yasinskas: Goodell: Bucs Want Global Franchise

San Fran Chronicle: Goodell: Wants At Least Two 'Global Teams' In London

Would this "global franchise" move benefit the NFL?...Yes! ... The money is there, which in Londontown--it's bountiful. Tampa will only benefit, unless there is a package deal, where the Bucs will receive Bucks to play--similar to what the Bills signed to play in the Toronto series!

By, saying yes, the NFL would gain better traction in expanding their market, something they've been playing with for the past few decades going back to the 1990's...

Eventually, would the Buccaneers move to London? I say, No! However, they could IF Tampa keeps striking out on their sellouts--which has been the current trend! :oops:

Now, are the Bucs just a fluffer team--until the next round of expansion? I say, Yes!

This could inspire other "Global Franchise"series in the near future...

Granted, for a while the NFL has played preseason games around the globe since the 90's and has been playing regular season games in other countries, since 2005. However, the Bucs will be just the second franchise to play a regular season home game in another country for more than two seasons...So, IF the Bucs agree to be a "global franchise" and have a consistent home game played in London--this could prompt other teams around the league to go global!

Along with the potential Buccaneers London Series & the already existing Bills Toronto Series...other potential "global franchise" series in the future could be:

Cowboys Mexico City Series...Cowboys solidify current transition to South America's Team...

Seahawks Tokyo Series

49ers China Series

Chargers Sydney Series

These potential " global franchise" series are NOT set in stone, but could be possible desitinations for a potential series...IF a series does occur in these areas, they could all solidify an expansion team nod--which the NFL has NOT promised, but has talked about happening--within the next 20 years!

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Tampa gets those games because the owner of the Bucs also owns Manchester United and they lobby for it.

I doubt it gets them any fans in London though, Man U fans hate - and I mean hate - the owners. Google love united hate glazer.

Tampa gets those games because the owner of the Bucs also owns Manchester United and they lobby for it.

I doubt it gets them any fans in London though, Man U fans hate - and I mean hate - the owners. Google love united hate glazer.

Might not be a big deal since Manchester United plays in Manchester and not London - London football fans (Chelsea, Arsenal, etc) could care less about Man U's owners...if anything they might like the Glazers since Man U fans hate them.

And that right there is the common thread between Tampa and London. Fans on both sides of the pond can unite and despise the Glazers. They are hated in Tampa and by every Tampa fan. They're a big reason why Tampa doesn't sell out, despite having one of the youngest, most talented teams in the NFL.

The recent news of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, being labeled in Roger Goodell's qoute as, "a global franchise." Has sparked some talk, that the move of having the Bucs play one-two games annually in London, will not only benefit the NFL, but the Tampa Bay Buccaneers!

The Buccaneers London Series Dilemma...

Granted, there could be another potential team playing a regular season home game in London, but as of right now--The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the leading team to play the London series...

Now, would this move benefit Tampa?...PUSH!....Since 2007, Tampa has only sold out a handful of games. The outlook for the rest of the 2011 season for sellouts, seems very bleak at best. Having this team receive world-wide attention, will brand the Bucs as a team to root for in Europe, but--this will probably only be short-term until 2016!

ESPN's blog article by Pat Yasinskas: Goodell: Bucs Want Global Franchise

San Fran Chronicle: Goodell: Wants At Least Two 'Global Teams' In London

Would this "global franchise" move benefit the NFL?...Yes! ... The money is there, which in Londontown--it's bountiful. Tampa will only benefit, unless there is a package deal, where the Bucs will receive Bucks to play--similar to what the Bills signed to play in the Toronto series!

By, saying yes, the NFL would gain better traction in expanding their market, something they've been playing with for the past few decades going back to the 1990's...

Eventually, would the Buccaneers move to London? I say, No! However, they could IF Tampa keeps striking out on their sellouts--which has been the current trend! :oops:

Now, are the Bucs just a fluffer team--until the next round of expansion? I say, Yes!

This could inspire other "Global Franchise"series in the near future...

Granted, for a while the NFL has played preseason games around the globe since the 90's and has been playing regular season games in other countries, since 2005. However, the Bucs will be just the second franchise to play a regular season home game in another country for more than two seasons...So, IF the Bucs agree to be a "global franchise" and have a consistent home game played in London--this could prompt other teams around the league to go global!

Along with the potential Buccaneers London Series & the already existing Bills Toronto Series...other potential "global franchise" series in the future could be:

Cowboys Mexico City Series...Cowboys solidify current transition to South America's Team...

Seahawks Tokyo Series

49ers China Series

Chargers Sydney Series

These potential " global franchise" series are NOT set in stone, but could be possible desitinations for a potential series...IF a series does occur in these areas, they could all solidify an expansion team nod--which the NFL has NOT promised, but has talked about happening--within the next 20 years!

Annual games in Mexico City, London and Toronto are the cities that make logistical sense.

Also shouldn't New York City, America's largest city get at least one game per year? :devil:

And that right there is the common thread between Tampa and London. Fans on both sides of the pond can unite and despise the Glazers. They are hated in Tampa and by every Tampa fan. They're a big reason why Tampa doesn't sell out, despite having one of the youngest, most talented teams in the NFL.

Why do the Tampa fans hate him?

I heard on Sirius NFL Radio, that IF a London franchise is awarded, the most logical will have the London franchise having, a second headqaurters on the East Coast...where the team will stay, train and prepare for games while playing in the states!

Playing regular season games...the London team would...

Play 3 home games in London...

Switch...

Play 3 away games in the States...

Switch...

Play 3 games back in London

...and so on

Edited by KollegeStudnet