Bruce Smith Fathead

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet deal. Classic player. I had a Ken Griffey Fathead. If you've never had one, I wouldn't reccommend putting them in your apartment, because you will likely move and these things are a headache to pack up and move. They stick to the ends, its a big mess.

Is this site legit. Warning: DO NOT use your debit card ever on the internet, esp. with an unknown site. Unlike a credit card ("CC"), once the money is taken out of your debit card (bank) account, you can never get it back, even if it's fraud. With a CC, you never pay for the fradulent charges. Also, you should avoid using a debit card at resturants as waiters have taken to using their cell phones to take a picture of your card. Sounds odd, but someone told me this, and then I started using my CC at resturants, it was photoed and used to buy TV's in California almost instantly.

I've never used this site, but I bought a Bruce Fathead off the Fathead site for $25 a few months ago. Getting one for $9.99 doesn't sound unreasonable now.

Just an FYI. For those that want an autograph Bruce Smith is signing at the Diplomat Party House, One Diplomat Way, in Rochester this Saturday. Marv levy is also signing, 25$ any item

Cost is 70$ a flat. 80$ for helmet or Jersey and 15$ on top of that if you want him to put HoF on it...

http://www.thepurplepeopleeaters.com/

PS I called and asked why 70-80 $ and was told Smith and his agent set the price. John Elway asks 150.00, so 80$ not that bad

Just an FYI. For those that want an autograph Bruce Smith is signing at the Diplomat Party House, One Diplomat Way, in Rochester this Saturday. Marv levy is also signing, 25$ any item

Cost is 70$ a flat. 80$ for helmet or Jersey and 15$ on top of that if you want him to put HoF on it...

http://www.thepurplepeopleeaters.com/

PS I called and asked why 70-80 $ and was told Smith and his agent set the price. John Elway asks 150.00, so 80$ not that bad

I see Thurman is on Sunday also.

I bought my first Fathead a few weeks ago....they have some great shots of stadiums now, and there was one of Turner Field at night during the NLDS a few years ago. I'm hoping they eventually come out with one of the Ralph!

I see Thurman is on Sunday also.

Thurman was on WGR last night, moving interview as he broke down in tears, and he said that he and Bruce and Jim and a bunch of the SB team were flying to Mississippi (Thursday and Friday) to be with Kent's family this weekend, Don't know how that will affect the Rochester show, but you may want to check with the organizers to see if they are still scheduled to appear.

Is this site legit. Warning: DO NOT use your debit card ever on the internet, esp. with an unknown site. Unlike a credit card ("CC"), once the money is taken out of your debit card (bank) account, you can never get it back, even if it's fraud. With a CC, you never pay for the fradulent charges. Also, you should avoid using a debit card at resturants as waiters have taken to using their cell phones to take a picture of your card. Sounds odd, but someone told me this, and then I started using my CC at resturants, it was photoed and used to buy TV's in California almost instantly.

Partially true, but not totally.

Yes, you shouldn't use your debit card. While you're not liable for fraud with either a debit or credit card (except for the first $50 - which most banks ignore), the problem is that money is taken directly from your account and if you live paycheck to paycheck, even an honest mistake (like a vendor double billing you) could end up causing a chain reaction of negative issues (ie: failing to make your mortgage payment on time). It's always better to play with someone else's money (credit card) than your own, as long as you have the discipline to pay it off at the end of the month.

Partially true, but not totally.

Yes, you shouldn't use your debit card. While you're not liable for fraud with either a debit or credit card (except for the first $50 - which most banks ignore), the problem is that money is taken directly from your account and if you live paycheck to paycheck, even an honest mistake (like a vendor double billing you) could end up causing a chain reaction of negative issues (ie: failing to make your mortgage payment on time). It's always better to play with someone else's money (credit card) than your own, as long as you have the discipline to pay it off at the end of the month.

The key piece missing here that makes this true is that IF you use your debit card as a PIN transaction, then the money is lost for good, no matter where you do your banking. If you use your debit card as a credit card, THEN all visa credit protection policies are in place.

• 2 weeks later...

This is completely false, I know from experience. It takes a week or two, but my bank (Wells Fargo, not exactly known as customer friendly) was great about refunding me numerous false charges on my account...and they even temporarily lent me money, at no charge, so that I wouldn't be penniless...not sure what bank you are dealing with.

You should definitely get a new bank. This is just not true.

It's true enough. It can take weeks to get it sorted out, and in the meanwhile, the money's gone from your account. In addition, most banks put a time period on how long their refund policy covers, so if you don't catch the fraud for 2 or 3 weeks, they'll tell you to pound sand.

I canceled my debit card for exactly this reason. I now have an old-school ATM card (no visa/mastercard logo), and some credit cards.