Lions trade for RB Ronnie Brown

buffalo1983

These were the last two picks on my fantasy football team… handcuff running backs.

I was sure Javhid Best would get injured and was not surprised to hear he suffered another concussion (sadly). Thus I drafted Harrison who had over 600 yards and 5 TDs in the last 3 games of 2009 and came out of camp as the primary backup to Best.

I drafted Ronnie Brown thinking he would get substantial touches behind McCoy and also thinking that Brown was a quality talent (like Harrison).

Neither player has done squat for me this year so this is a positive development for the mighty Bob's Ground Chuck… although Bob's Ground Suck would be more accurate this year.

These were the last two picks on my fantasy football team… handcuff running backs.

I was sure Javhid Best would get injured and was not surprised to hear he suffered another concussion (sadly). Thus I drafted Harrison who had over 600 yards and 5 TDs in the last 3 games of 2009 and came out of camp as the primary backup to Best.

I drafted Ronnie Brown thinking he would get substantial touches behind McCoy and also thinking that Brown was a quality talent (like Harrison).

Neither player has done squat for me this year so this is a positive development for the mighty Bob's Ground Chuck… although Bob's Ground Suck would be more accurate this year.

Always take a dome kicker in the last round!

Hmm I already lost Charles, now it looks like best.

In 2010 "There's always next year" was meant for the rest of the league as I took the championship. Now it looks like "There's Always next year" is meant for me.

Maybe I'll put in a claim . . .

In 2010 "There's always next year" was meant for the rest of the league as I took the championship. Now it looks like "There's Always next year" is meant for me.

Funny!

I took Charles late in the first round… so we're in the same boat there.

Looks like the other two darlings of the NFL are making moves to shore up their offense. I suggest we start thinking about doing the same thing. I suggest another O linemen, a receiver or maybe two, and perhaps another corner.. Just sayin..

Tim-

Funny!

I took Charles late in the first round… so we're in the same boat there.

Guys, the rules have changed! Its a passing league now! You gotta open up WR WR!!! Fill in with RBs that catch a lot of passes (assuming its a PP league)later on. A stud TE is key too.

I have Best also. This can't be good news for him. I don't know why the Lions want Ronnie. Perhaps they figure he's a better out of the backfield catcher, or blocker?

Guys, the rules have changed! Its a passing league now! You gotta open up WR WR!!! Fill in with RBs that catch a lot of passes (assuming its a PP league)later on. A stud TE is key too.

If it's a PPR league I agree, but mine is not. Is Best out for the year?

Football Outsiders swear that Harrison is good. I took him late too without even having Best figuring he could be a nice flex if Best got hurt. Not sure why the Lions barely used him. Weird trade.

I like a contrarian draft strategy.

I've been ridding the WR, WR, train for about 5 years now as every else goes RB RB crazy. And I have a pretty good League winning percentage and about a 85+% playoff rate. (I only play in 12 team leagues, 10 team leagues are for ladies)

The problem is now the WR, WR strategy is envogue. It's in every rag and every web site. So there are some deals at RB in the early rounds. So for example Matt Forte was sitting there in the 3Rd round! I know MArion Barbarion went to chicago, but he is a Dual threat RB, he was a top10 back in 2010, because everyone went WR crazy.

I'm in two money leagues (12 teams, 10yards=1 pt. no ppr) I went WR, WR and Went RB RB.The league that I went WR, WR, RB, WR - I'm dominating. (Gennings, Megatron, Forte, Lloyd) (The rest of the league was going RB crazy)

The League I went RB, RB, QB, RB (#4 Charles, #21Forte, #28 Rivers, #43 Best) I'm geting schooled. But I thought Forte and Best were just huge values at #21 and #45. I hated the Charles pick, but I felt boxed in. It went Foster, APete, Rice and I wanted Rice. I didn't like CJ2K and Jax just seemed like a mess and possible knee for MJD. So that left AJ80? Looking back maybe MJD was the better play there.

In that league they were going QB\WR crazy.

Either way it looks like the WR\WR is winning route right now.

But a healthy Charles and 4000 yard Rivers may have turned it the other way.

I guess I typed that for therapeutic reasons as "There's always next year" isn't looking too hot.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Looks like the other two darlings of the NFL are making moves to shore up their offense. I suggest we start thinking about doing the same thing. I suggest another O linemen, a receiver or maybe two, and perhaps another corner.. Just sayin..

Who made moves to shore up their offense? The Lions with Brown and the Raiders with Palmer? LOL!

And the trade deadline has passed.

Whatever happened to Kevin Smith? Surely they could have kept him around as a backup, that guy was a beast.