Strength of Schedule and our record

Dorkington

I know most of you are upset and ready to commit suicide because of what you perceive to be the worst team in football history at 4-2, but I wanted to share some perspective with you.

RK			W	L	T	PCT	DIV	CONF	SOS
1	New England	5	1	0	.833	2-1-0	4-1-0	.516
2	Baltimore	4	1	0	.800	1-0-0	3-1-0	.444
3	San Diego	4	1	0	.800	2-0-0	3-1-0	.346
4	Tennessee	3	2	0	.600	0-1-0	3-2-0	.444
5	Cincinnati	4	2	0	.667	1-0-0	4-1-0	.382
6	Buffalo		4	2	0	.667	1-0-0	3-1-0	.600

Out of the top six teams in the AFC right now, our schedule has been the toughest, in some cases by leaps and bounds.

In fact, the only two teams in the AFC that have had a tougher schedule so far, by record, are the Denver Broncos (1-4) and the Miami Dolphins (0-4).

I know it doesn't change our record, at 4-2, but keep in mind, we lost to two decent teams.

Edited by Dorkington

I know most of you are upset and ready to commit suicide because of what you perceive to be the worst team in football history at 4-2, but I wanted to share some perspective with you.

RK			W	L	T	PCT	DIV	CONF	SOS
1	New England	5	1	0	.833	2-1-0	4-1-0	.516
2	Baltimore	4	1	0	.800	1-0-0	3-1-0	.444
3	San Diego	4	1	0	.800	2-0-0	3-1-0	.346
4	Tennessee	3	2	0	.600	0-1-0	3-2-0	.444
5	Cincinnati	4	2	0	.667	1-0-0	4-1-0	.382
6	Buffalo		4	2	0	.667	1-0-0	3-1-0	.600

Out of the top six teams in the AFC right now, our schedule has been the toughest, in some cases by leaps and bounds.

In fact, the only two teams in the AFC that have had a tougher schedule so far, by record, are the Denver Broncos (1-4) and the Miami Dolphins (0-4).

I know it doesn't change our record, at 4-2, but keep in mind, we lost to two decent teams.

Good post. PLUS, the division and conference season is just now starting, as the NFL postponed most of the division and especially almost all of the division games (you know, the ones that get you into or out of the playoffs) until the second half of the season (fearing that the lockout would wreck the 1st half of the season). The REAL season, the one that sets the playoff roster starts with the JETS game on November 6. A whole string of division and conference games roll out then. To be 4-2 and on a bye week prior to the real season starting looks pretty good to me. This team can play. That drive to tie the game at 24 convinced me beyond any doubt. Billieve people. This is not a super bowl team, but it can play

We're not expecting a Super Bowl, but the toughest part of our schedule has now passed, we're 4-2 (and we won't go 0-10 the rest of the way), and we have building blocks for the future. Sure we'll probably lose out on the playoffs to a team like the Steelers or Raiders, but at least time is not on the side of our divisional opponents as far as age of players and we have done very well.

If we do manage to eke out a playoff spot, it is gravy to be honest. This defense has a long way to go to shore up its deficiencies, but look how far we've come.

GO BILLS

We're not expecting a Super Bowl, but the toughest part of our schedule has now passed, we're 4-2 (and we won't go 0-10 the rest of the way), and we have building blocks for the future. Sure we'll probably lose out on the playoffs to a team like the Steelers or Raiders, but at least time is not on the side of our divisional opponents as far as age of players and we have done very well.

If we do manage to eke out a playoff spot, it is gravy to be honest. This defense has a long way to go to shore up its deficiencies, but look how far we've come.

GO BILLS

We're making progress and we look like we belong on Sunday. This team is no longer an automatic win for other teams and that's all I wanted to see this season. We're still missing 3-4 pieces and our WR corp is decimated.

The problem I see is the schedule does not get any easier. We still may play well and only get 4 more wins. I like what the team has done and is doing we have been in every game and we came up 4-2 could easily been 1-5 at this point. They sure are fun to watch when we have the ball . . . not so much when we don't unless we create a turnover. We still have a tough schedule ahead it will be a bumpy ride for sure go Bills and continue to surprise us.

Out of the top six teams in the AFC right now, our schedule has been the toughest, in some cases by leaps and bounds

The Bills Schedule was noted to be the toughest since week 1.

Two losses by 3 points. You still can't be that upset.

Not to mention the long list of injuries (active players) - Barnett, Merriman, K. Williams, Demetrius Bell, Chris Kelsay, who else did I miss?

It's the by week and time to heal the injured. Then they face the Skins with whatever QB they see worthy.

The Bills Schedule was noted to be the toughest since week 1.

Two losses by 3 points. You still can't be that upset.

Not to mention the long list of injuries (active players) - Barnett, Merriman, K. Williams, Demetrius Bell, Chris Kelsay, who else did I miss?

It's the by week and time to heal the injured. Then they face the Skins with whatever QB they see worthy.

You missed the wide receivers Jones and Parrish, who were both starters.

You miss Aaron Williams, who was a high second round pick, a projected first round pick in many mock drafts, and who from preseason looked like he might be a starter by this time of the season.

:angry:

We're making progress and we look like we belong on Sunday. This team is no longer an automatic win for other teams and that's all I wanted to see this season. We're still missing 3-4 pieces and our WR corp is decimated.

Exactly, and both those who find no fault with our team so long as we win and those who think we will never succeed should now finally, hopefully, see that neither position is accurate. Dareus did miracles for us vs. the run with Kyle Williams, and now with a prime time pass rusher and a solid cornerback, we're a playoff team. That is how close we are at this point, considering how great our offensive line has been and continues to surprise everyone.

I'm starting to hate playing in the AFC East. Plus, drawing the NFC East and AFC West this year is not favorable.

For example, look at the Steelers--who are also 4-2--and check out that schedule. They have 8 no-effort, easy wins. Of the remaining 8, they need to squeeze out 2 wins to make the playoffs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/pit/schedule

1 Baltimore Ravens

2 Seattle Seahawks

3 Indianapolis Colts

4 Houston Texans

5 Tennessee Titans

6 Jacksonville Jaguars

7 Arizona Cardinals

8 New England Patriots

9 Baltimore Ravens

10 Cincinnati Bengals

11 Bye

12 Kansas City Chiefs

13 Cincinnati Bengals

14 Cleveland Browns

15 San Francisco 49ers

16 St. Louis Rams

17 Cleveland Browns

I'm starting to hate playing in the AFC East. Plus, drawing the NFC East and AFC West this year is not favorable.

For example, look at the Steelers--who are also 4-2--and check out that schedule. They have 8 no-effort, easy wins. Of the remaining 8, they need to squeeze out 2 wins to make the playoffs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/pit/schedule

1 Baltimore Ravens

2 Seattle Seahawks

3 Indianapolis Colts

4 Houston Texans

5 Tennessee Titans

6 Jacksonville Jaguars

7 Arizona Cardinals

8 New England Patriots

9 Baltimore Ravens

10 Cincinnati Bengals

11 Bye

12 Kansas City Chiefs

13 Cincinnati Bengals

14 Cleveland Browns

15 San Francisco 49ers

16 St. Louis Rams

17 Cleveland Browns

DUDE, did you see these games? They don't have a cupcake schedule by ANY means... come on.

I think with the bye here and the record I can easily see the Bills going 12-4 or 11-5 but I think they make the playoffs only because we beat the Raiders and win the tie in that respect. I think Cincy will fall short due to the division and Buffalo beats the jets outright. I'm not saying super bowl, but I feel they make the playoffs and I see the defense stepping up and improving the second half. With the players getting 5 days off this gives the coaches a chance to re-evaluate what they have and just looking how Chan is, he is a man who can change the style in which the team plays. I really think they will have it going on the second half of the year. I see them losing to Dallas only because it's in Dallas and to the Pats. We might drop one to the jets and split, hence the 11-5 but think we have the jets number this year in a sweep.

DUDE, did you see these games? They don't have a cupcake schedule by ANY means... come on.

Seriously? There are 8 gimmes there. I'd love to have a schedule where we get to play the NFC West and AFC South this year:

Seattle Seahawks

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars

Arizona Cardinals

Kansas City Chiefs

Cleveland Browns

St. Louis Rams

Cleveland Browns

Seriously? There are 8 gimmes there. I'd love to have a schedule where we get to play the NFC West and AFC South this year:

Seattle Seahawks

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars

Arizona Cardinals

Kansas City Chiefs

Cleveland Browns

St. Louis Rams

Cleveland Browns

I will bet you anything they dont win all 8 of those games.

This is NOT the Steelers team of last year or their SB winning year.

Seattle Seahawks

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars

Arizona Cardinals

Kansas City Chiefs

Cleveland Browns

St. Louis Rams

Cleveland Browns

8-8 or 9-7 is what I see, and that is without an upset. Cleveland may not be good, but they are still a divisional opponent who can beat them.

Polamalu will miss their next game at least, and you know how they fare without him...

We're at a disadvantage for the playoff hunt because of the relative ease of the other teams schedules going forward. I just hope the forum doesn't explode if we go 10-6 or 11-5 and miss the playoffs. :blush:

Not me... 10-6 or 11-5 would be heaven for the players we have now. I could not imagine how we'd do with another year of good draft picks and moves!!!!