Strength of Schedule and our record

Dorkington

Our schedule going forward:

10/30 Washington Redskins (Tor) 4:05 pm - WIN

11/06 New York Jets 1:00 pm - LOSS (jets come into this game off a bye)

11/13 @ Dallas Cowboys 1:00 pm - LOSS

11/20 @ Miami Dolphins 1:00 pm - WIN

11/27 @ New York Jets 1:00 pm - WIN

12/04 Tennessee Titans 1:00 pm - WIN

12/11 @ San Diego Chargers 4:15 pm - LOSS

12/18 Miami Dolphins 1:00 pm - WIN

12/24 Denver Broncos 1:00 pm - WIN

1/01 @ New England Patriots - LOSS

10-6..worst case scenario, 9-7

We're 4-2 now, and so lets go with teh worst case 9-7 scenario. We must beat the Dolphins both times, we have to at least split vs. the Jets, beat Denver, and beat either Tennessee or Redskins..that'll put us at 9 wins with Losses vs. Cowboys, NYJets once, Chargers, Patriots, and/or Redskins/Ten

IMO, 9-7 gives us a real solid chance to get in this year..i know it's early, but looking at the West, the lost of Campbell may completely screw the Raiders the rest of season - chargers win division and Raiders finish worse than 9-7. Looking at the South, Tennessee is actually playing pretty well, but looking at their schedule second half, no way they win more than 9 games this season..and if we beat them when we play then that'll handle them...Houston wins division and Ten is on the outside; looking at the North, I think we can expect Cincy to come back down to earth a bit by the end of the year just b/c Dalton should go through growing pains at some point???(hopefully), so either Pitt or Baltimore wins that division and 1 wild card comes from North..

that leaves us with the East...we HAVE to split with the Jets schedule is a bit easier in the second half, but they already have 3 losses and still have to face NE again, SD, us twice, Philly, and NY Giants...BEST case scenario, i see the Jets make a move in the second half and finish 9-7..BEST case...but if we're able to split with them, I think we'll win the tie breaker b/c we already beat the Pats this year..so we have a good chance of winning division tie breaker, and we beat Philly, so that helps us with the common games tie-breaker...so BAM, we become the 2nd wild card at 9-7 :beer::worthy:

LMAO..i know it's way too early, but it's fun to do this. Anyway, point of post is that we're in a REALLY good position guys. Lets enjoy our bye week, get healthy, and ROCK the Redskins. Woot!!!

Edited by bobobonators

We are 6 points away from being undefeated! What makes you think that the Bills will go 5-5 the rest of the way? Even with a hard schedule, the Bills do not look like a .500 team. Especially since two of those wins come from the Dolphins. (I can't see the Bills only going 3-5 with WASH, DAL, JETSx2, TEN, SD, DEN, and NE)

We are 6 points away from being undefeated! What makes you think that the Bills will go 5-5 the rest of the way? Even with a hard schedule, the Bills do not look like a .500 team. Especially since two of those wins come from the Dolphins. (I can't see the Bills only going 3-5 with WASH, DAL, JETSx2, TEN, SD, DEN, and NE)

I'm the biggest optimist in the world, but our schedule in the 2nd half is not easy at all. Though I think we can very well finish 10-4, I can easily see us going 5-5 and finishing 9-7. For starters, key injuries are starting to pile up across the entire team and secondly, we're not going to catch anyone "off guard" in teh second half. Our team is solid but we simply don't have the depth to recover from a signifcant rash of injuries...hopefully we can start getting some of these guys healthy and back on the field. Either way, the point of my post above was that even by going 5-5, we still have a very good shot at making the playoffs this season. :thumbsup:

Both the Bengals game and the Giants game we had crucial ref decicions against us (the completed pass by Johnson that was somehow called incomplete and not overturned and the PI on Freddy that was extremely clear, both calls caused punts and both would have given us a new set of downs in a favourable situation). In my book we should be 6-0 and have been very unlucky with the refs on both losses.