Bills QB of the Future

Every year, we should draft a QB who is better than Pigpen. Do it in the 2nd or 3rd round. Get somebody who is smart and maybe has a correctable flaw. Draft someone from a smaller program or one that had a losing season. This is a cheap way to roll the dice and we may have to use a shot every other year to sift through the failures. You do need an extra QB or two in the training camp, because there are a lot of throws to the WR in practice, but you can only develop one backup QB at a time because there are not that many preseason game snaps to go around. If we wait until Fritz wears out, then we will be taking a shot int he middle of the 1st round, where its 50:50 if the guy will make it at all. :blush:

I say we worry more about drafting a good outside LBer in the first round. Fitz can run this show for the next 5 years if he stays healthy...

:thumbsup:

I do like the Belichek* strategy of bringing in a bunch of talented, overlooked late-round or undrafted QB and keeping the best each year. It produced Brady and Cassel.

Mallet is an example of the same philosophy just slightly higher round and higher expectations.

Yep just like he has used low picks and castoffs for the O-line. We will be like the Chargers that went 14 - 2 except we beat the patriots in the championship game and win the superbowl.

Um, Wood 1st round # 28 Levitre 2nd round #51

Bell, Pears and Urbik I grant you, Hairston in the early 4th I don't think qualifies.

Alright Senator, I do not know if you are being sarcastic, but in case you are not; are you out of your mind?

You think Foles is better than Luck? I think Foles is very good myself but Luck is the better QB.

Also do you really think Foles will last that long in the draft?

Do I think Foles is better than Luck? Hell, I think Gino Smith is better than Luck.

I also think the probability of Luck, Jones, Barkley, Tannenhill, Moore, Foles, etc., all going in the first 2 rounds is zero.

So yes, I think Foles will be there for us in round 3.

By the Bills' 2nd pick, Luck, Jones, Barkley, and even Tannehill will be gone, saving us this talk, or that QB controversy. Hopefully.

http://www.drafttek....ositionalQB.asp

Meh...you guys had Luck going first last year too :nana:

Seriously, though - could we possibly be looking at another draft like 1983?

I'm having a hard time believing all these guys are going in round one.

Do/did you go to T.U or something?

Mike Leach said it best...

As his team raced onto the field, Leach gazed into the stands filled with screaming fans and wondered about the several thousand "cadets" from Texas A.&M. clustered in one end zone. They wear military uniforms and buzz cuts, holler in unison and stand at attention the entire game.

"How come they get to pretend they are soldiers?" he asked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AOgN-4QnZ4

"The thing is, they aren't actually in the military."

Edited by The Senator

Started watching Ryan Tannehill last year when I was checking out Von Miller(who was underwhelming, thanks Denver) and thought he was great QB especially since he converted from WR midseason and was looking forward to watching him this year. I've seen 4 of his games so far and he is even Better and if it wasn't for Texas A&M's horrible defense they would be undefeated. Today he lit it up for 6 TDs against the evenly ranked Baylor who has the highly touted Heisman Trophy candidate RG3 and won going away 55 - 28. He has 13 TDs, 6 ints, passer rating of 174.5, 67.4 completion % and 1742 yds for the season. What I really like about him is his live arm and decision making along with movement in the pocket and great running ability. On top of this he runs a pro-style offense with plenty of multi-WR sets ran by Mike Sherman who should have been our coach instead of Jauron, but I digress. He has already graduated with a degree in biology and plans on being a doctor when his career is is done so he is smart and high character, perfect traits for Chan to mold into our next QB of the future. As far as I'm concerned he is the second best QB in the upcoming draft behind luck and is way better than Matt Barkely and Landry Jones who are rated ahead of him. He should be available in the late first round where we will be picking and we can have our own Favre/Rogers situation.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/aug/21/ryan-tannehill-a-different-kind-of-qb/

Wow--4 games? Let's take him now!

Originally I thought a LT but after seeing our current 4th rounder doing fine I agree, lets get a true OLB that can rush the passer or drop back and cover.

We definitely need a corner and a OLB (and a true NT) but without a true Franchise QB we will never be perennial playoff contenders nor win the superbowl. There is a reason why we haven't done much since Jimbo retired and as much as I love Fitz and want him to succeed he just is never going to be "that guy" because of his physical limitations.