Bills QB of the Future

Started watching Ryan Tannehill last year when I was checking out Von Miller(who was underwhelming, thanks Denver) and thought he was great QB especially since he converted from WR midseason and was looking forward to watching him this year. I've seen 4 of his games so far and he is even Better and if it wasn't for Texas A&M's horrible defense they would be undefeated. Today he lit it up for 6 TDs against the evenly ranked Baylor who has the highly touted Heisman Trophy candidate RG3 and won going away 55 - 28. He has 13 TDs, 6 ints, passer rating of 174.5, 67.4 completion % and 1742 yds for the season. What I really like about him is his live arm and decision making along with movement in the pocket and great running ability. On top of this he runs a pro-style offense with plenty of multi-WR sets ran by Mike Sherman who should have been our coach instead of Jauron, but I digress. He has already graduated with a degree in biology and plans on being a doctor when his career is is done so he is smart and high character, perfect traits for Chan to mold into our next QB of the future. As far as I'm concerned he is the second best QB in the upcoming draft behind luck and is way better than Matt Barkely and Landry Jones who are rated ahead of him. He should be available in the late first round where we will be picking and we can have our own Favre/Rogers situation.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/aug/21/ryan-tannehill-a-different-kind-of-qb/

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I am not convinced he is first round material but certainly worthy of consideration for 2nd or 3rd. He IS a gamer and is very intelligent. He has a great group of receivers and the Aggies are a threat to run every play. Sherman is running a pro style multiple wide receiver offense very similar to what we run. Tannehill does a pretty good job in it. I would be on board drafting him in round 2or 3.

As for Von Miller, you my friend are spot on my opinion. I watched Von every game. He is quick and quite often was involved in a game changing play. But his size scared me for the NFL. After seeing Maybin as an under sized Speed rushing DE, I was scared the Bills might select after the hype right before draft day. Yes, thank you very much Denver. Darius is truly what we needed to fix the run.

And yes I am an Aggies fan. They took a good chunk of my retirement savings to educate my son. But the investment netted me an awesome Aggie daughter in-law. Gig 'em. :thumbsup:

I am not convinced he is first round material but certainly worthy of consideration for 2nd or 3rd. He IS a gamer and is very intelligent. He has a great group of receivers and the Aggies are a threat to run every play. Sherman is running a pro style multiple wide receiver offense very similar to what we run. Tannehill does a pretty good job in it. I would be on board drafting him in round 2or 3.

As for Von Miller, you my friend are spot on my opinion. I watched Von every game. He is quick and quite often was involved in a game changing play. But his size scared me for the NFL. After seeing Maybin as an under sized Speed rushing DE, I was scared the Bills might select after the hype right before draft day. Yes, thank you very much Denver. Darius is truly what we needed to fix the run.

And yes I am an Aggies fan. They took a good chunk of my retirement savings to educate my son. But the investment netted me an awesome Aggie daughter in-law. Gig 'em. :thumbsup:

:oops:

And a extremely well educated grown man. :thumbsup:

Not turning into a Brocos fan, we need a compentent backup and he is raw and will need a few years to develop at which point Fitz will have been in the League for 12 years and will need to be replaced. Why wait till Fitz is shot and take 5 years to rebuild when you got a guy that can come off the Bench and keep this team in the playoffs? Plus we could trade him for multiply high round picks if Fitz plays longer. Bottom line this kid is a future star and I would rather have him here than somewhere else.

Gig 'em.

what does that mean?

I like both of the QBs from that game today a LOT; can't see either of them as Bills, though. I think both of them will be long gone by the 32nd pick :thumbsup: .

In all seriousness, I could see both of them going very high next year. I'd value them WAY above Barkley; they have stronger arms and can run circles around him. I could see Jerry Jones over-drafting one of them to replace the bumbling Romo. He ain't gonna get a shot at Luck, and Romo is in need of a change of scenery.

I just turned on Luck's game on VS; our old friend Glenn Parker is announcing the game. And another team is wearing embarrassingly bad uniforms...Washington St is all gray; they look like they've been rolling around in ashes.

I like both of the QBs from that game today a LOT; can't see either of them as Bills, though. I think both of them will be long gone by the 32nd pick :thumbsup: .

In all seriousness, I could see both of them going very high next year. I'd value them WAY above Barkley; they have stronger arms and can run circles around him. I could see Jerry Jones over-drafting one of them to replace the bumbling Romo. He ain't gonna get a shot at Luck, and Romo is in need of a change of scenery.

I just turned on Luck's game on VS; our old friend Glenn Parker is announcing the game. And another team is wearing embarrassingly bad uniforms...Washington St is all gray; they look like they've been rolling around in ashes.

Nooo! I'd puke if the cowgirls got Tannehill, that would be almost as bad as Luck to the phins.

A lot of bad college unis this year, I don't now what has gotten intothe Football Sub Division but these things are horrible, maybe they are trying to attract new schools to their conferences :D

JMO, but it'd be a bit of a slap in the head to Fitz if the Bills went QB in round one.

(And I like Tannenhill a lot - even though he is an Aggie! B-))

Anyway, he'll certainly be there at the #32 pick, but the Bills likely have other needs.

I like Nick Foles out of Arizona - 6' 5" - 240 lbs., way better stats than Tannenhill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhaehG4uWoY

Actually kind of a 'poor man's Andy Luck' , only bigger and better.

I'd take Foles with either our #96, pick or our 4th round pick from B-more.

Edited by The Senator

JMO, but it'd be a bit of a slap in the head to Fitz if the Bills went QB in round one.

Anyway, he'll certainly be there at the #32 pick, but the Bills likely have other needs.

I like Nick Foles out of Arizona - 6' 5" - 240 lbs., way better stats than Tannenhill.

youtube.com/watch?v=UhaehG4uWoY

Come now Senator you can't believe Foles is better than Luck.

Started watching Ryan Tannehill last year when I was checking out Von Miller(who was underwhelming, thanks Denver) and thought he was great QB especially since he converted from WR midseason and was looking forward to watching him this year. I've seen 4 of his games so far and he is even Better and if it wasn't for Texas A&M's horrible defense they would be undefeated. Today he lit it up for 6 TDs against the evenly ranked Baylor who has the highly touted Heisman Trophy candidate RG3 and won going away 55 - 28. He has 13 TDs, 6 ints, passer rating of 174.5, 67.4 completion % and 1742 yds for the season. What I really like about him is his live arm and decision making along with movement in the pocket and great running ability. On top of this he runs a pro-style offense with plenty of multi-WR sets ran by Mike Sherman who should have been our coach instead of Jauron, but I digress. He has already graduated with a degree in biology and plans on being a doctor when his career is is done so he is smart and high character, perfect traits for Chan to mold into our next QB of the future. As far as I'm concerned he is the second best QB in the upcoming draft behind luck and is way better than Matt Barkely and Landry Jones who are rated ahead of him. He should be available in the late first round where we will be picking and we can have our own Favre/Rogers situation.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/aug/21/ryan-tannehill-a-different-kind-of-qb/

Get a life. We have our QB for the next 7 years. By the time Fitz is done, we will need an entire new team. Stop wasting our time with junk.

youtube.com/watch?v=UhaehG4uWoY

Alright Senator, I do not know if you are being sarcastic, but in case you are not; are you out of your mind?

You think Foles is better than Luck? I think Foles is very good myself but Luck is the better QB.

Also do you really think Foles will last that long in the draft?

Nothing wrong with a young guy with potential learning from the smartest qb in the league!!!! If Fitz had just a touch more arm strength or threw just a few less passes into defensive backs hands he'd have a lot less doubters. We can win with Fitz and I like him but I say draft one n let him sit and learn. The example Nix will use has already been set for him in San Diego with Rivers n Brees.

Nothing wrong with a young guy with potential learning from the smartest qb in the league!!!! If Fitz had just a touch more arm strength or threw just a few less passes into defensive backs hands he'd have a lot less doubters. We can win with Fitz and I like him but I say draft one n let him sit and learn. The example Nix will use has already been set for him in San Diego with Rivers n Brees.

Yep just like he has used low picks and castoffs for the O-line. We will be like the Chargers that went 14 - 2 except we beat the patriots in the championship game and win the superbowl.