The more valuable Bill

uncle flap

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who will make more of an impact this season?

• C J SPILLER
    • BRAD SMITH
    • THEY ARE EQUALLY VALUABLE
    • WHO CARES? FITZ FREDDY SJ ALL DAY GOOOO BIIIILLLS!!!

---Self Disclosure: In a super deep fantasy league, I will be starting one of the two in my flex position (due to julio jones's injury)---

Considering the injuries at WR, which necessitate smith seeing more snaps as a wideout, do you anticipate him making a difference in the passing game? or do you think the bills will stick to an increase in screens and swing passes to freddy? or maybe some pa passes to chandler?

i have a hunch chan is going to lean on his new toy and find ways to get smith more involved in all facets, be it at wideout or more chances as as the wildcat wildBill QB.

If smith is not going to have a significantly increased role, could this mean we see more two-back sets? If defense coordinators are smart, they'll pick up on the screens and swing passes to freddy. but what will they do with spiller back there as well? paying too much attention to the flats leaves the secondary vulnerable over the middle or deep outs. a defense cant focus on all three areas, theyll have to pick their poison.

lastly, freddy hasnt been pounding the rock 30x a game. would an increase in running plays lead to an increase in just freddy's stats? or do you think spiller will pick up the slack? i have to think chan et al are thinking about the late season game where they will HAVE to run the ball more. do they get spiller ready for an increased workload now? or do they just ride freddy til the wheels fall off?

soooooooooooo..... what do YOU think they'll do, and what do you think they SHOULD do?

oh yeah --- who should i start?? PPR and TD heavy league.

Edited by uncle flap

---Self Disclosure: In a super deep fantasy league, I will be starting one of the two in my flex position (due to julio jones's injury)---

Considering the injuries at WR, which necessitate smith seeing more snaps as a wideout, do you anticipate him making a difference in the passing game? or do you think the bills will stick to an increase in screens and swing passes to freddy? or maybe some pa passes to chandler?

i have a hunch chan is going to lean on his new toy and find ways to get smith more involved in all facets, be it at wideout or more chances as as the wildcat wildBill QB.

If smith is not going to have a significantly increased role, could this mean we see more two-back sets? If defense coordinators are smart, they'll pick up on the screens and swing passes to freddy. but what will they do with spiller back there as well? paying too much attention to the flats leaves the secondary vulnerable over the middle or deep outs. a defense cant focus on all three areas, theyll have to pick their poison.

lastly, freddy hasnt been pounding the rock 30x a game. would an increase in running plays lead to an increase in just freddy's stats? or do you think spiller will pick up the slack? i have to think chan et al are thinking about the late season game where they will HAVE to run the ball more. do they get spiller ready for an increased workload now? or do they just ride freddy til the wheels fall off?

soooooooooooo..... what do YOU think they'll do, and what do you think they SHOULD do?

NEITHER one.

You really should be looking for other options.. who is available in your league besides them? You don't have to get Bills you know :P

NEITHER one.

You really should be looking for other options.. who is available in your league besides them? You don't have to get Bills you know :P

jason avant it is... he's practically a bill after last week anyway right?

but aside from fantasy purposes - what do you guys think about their respective impacts in reality football?

but aside from fantasy purposes - what do you guys think about their respective impacts in reality football?

I think they're each doing a good job taking advantage of their limited opportunities. Both have been making first downs, and each has scored a TD. Brad made a horrible decision to bring the ball out of the end zone last week, but it didn't wind up hurting us. They're filling their roles well, and if (dog forbid) Freddy goes down, I'm starting to feel a little more comfortable CJ would do a good job.

C.J. Spiller is the much better play based upon their production to date, as well as how they have looked. Smith just looks like a disjointed gimmick player right now, and he's trying to fit in. Spiller is improving before our eyes and looks to be a LOT more comfortable.

NEITHER one.

One thing I've learned the hard way in Fantasy football, don't draft with your heart, I stay away from all Buffalo players. This year Fred Jackson is tearing it up, but who knows how long that will last.

Plus, i stay away from teams who don't care about character, like the Bengals.Seriously, Cedric Benson should have been suspended for that Bills game. One of their young receivers was just involved in a huge drug shipment that arrived at his house

The only way Smith or Spiller see any real playing time this season is if FJ gets injured.

didn't the Bills give Avant the game ball last week? or was it Andy Reid?

as for the poll: they've have been equal bit players in what is the drama of the Bills 2011 season--but I think Smith, with his first down plays, and been a little bit more anti-depressive than Spiller

would love for just one of them to breakout!!!!

C.J. Spiller is the much better play based upon their production to date, as well as how they have looked. Smith just looks like a disjointed gimmick player right now, and he's trying to fit in. Spiller is improving before our eyes and looks to be a LOT more comfortable.

"C.J. Spiller is the much better play based upon their production to date,"

His production, what production?

Edited by CSBill

WTF are you thinking dude?

Pick up Roosevelt and start him.

Johnson, Nelson, and Roosevelt finally gets our three best WRs on the field.

The giants secondary is devastated, I doubt their nickle back can cover Roosevelt. He is gonna have 11 catches for 130 yards.

Write it down.

Brad Smith is proving to piss me off.

If he launches the ball on that trick play, there is no comeback because the Bills don't let the Raiders in the game. Both Bills WRs were wide open.

He had huge push on one of his direct snap plays and decided to dance around first. Insisted of hit the hole.

Smith is playing with little confidence right now and you need some big swinging balls to pull off the gizmo plays they call for him.

Smith seems a lot more likely to score a TD, since Chan likes to use the Wildcat as a short-yardage package. Then again, he also seems to like mixing it up from week to week, and we used Smith on the goal line last week, so maybe not. I'd still go with Smith.

minor impact, but of the two Smith will have more in the combination of special teams, receiver and wildcat play. I think we will see more of that as the year progresses. I don't see Spiller really developing so far, but he will have some impact over the course of the year as a receiver and in limited play as a running back. We already have an impact player at running back, so maybe its not fair to hang that on Spiller, but if Spiller had shown he was good enough he would have been playing more.

The real answer is that the impact players on offense are Fitz, Johnson and Jackson and (to my surprise and delight) the offensive line.

hey thanks for the feedback.

obviously im a huge homer and want both smith and spiller to make significant impacts.

just wanted to get a pulse on what yall were thinking.

as far as fantasy goes, i plucked up good ol harry douglas and gave avant the timbaland. i mean, matty ice cant throw it to roddy EVERY play right?

back to the bills:

after a little more thought, ive decided smith is the more valuable Bill down the stretch (assuming freddy stays healthy), but this week spiller is gonna bust a big run (or two) or get some serious yac on screens.

ps - in other predictions, look for the jags to cover the spread and *gasp* maybe even pull out the W

GO BILLS

WTF are you thinking dude?

Pick up Roosevelt and start him.

Johnson, Nelson, and Roosevelt finally gets our three best WRs on the field.

The giants secondary is devastated, I doubt their nickle back can cover Roosevelt. He is gonna have 11 catches for 130 yards.

Write it down.

Brad Smith is proving to piss me off.

If he launches the ball on that trick play, there is no comeback because the Bills don't let the Raiders in the game. Both Bills WRs were wide open.

He had huge push on one of his direct snap plays and decided to dance around first. Insisted of hit the hole.

Smith is playing with little confidence right now and you need some big swinging balls to pull off the gizmo plays they call for him.

Told ya so