Flex games

ieatcrayonz

I am wondering how far in advance the flex games get changed. I know they try to get contenders in the national spotlight and leave the also rans out.

I also know it is too early to call the Bills a contender but you absolutely know that Miami is not so.........

What are the odds they switch things around a little and we get to see the Bills on Thanksgiving against the Cowboys? There would be a fair amount of work to do with the scheduling and Thanksgiving may not be "late enough" in the schedule but I have to believe even the NFL sees the writing on the wall here.

Put down the turkey and step into the TV room. :thumbsup:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the odds they switch things around a little and we get to see the Bills on Thanksgiving against the Cowboys? There would be a fair amount of work to do with the scheduling and Thanksgiving may not be "late enough" in the schedule but I have to believe even the NFL sees the writing on the wall here.

What other games have been switch in the past?

I am wondering how far in advance the flex games get changed. I know they try to get contenders in the national spotlight and leave the also rans out.

I also know it is too early to call the Bills a contender but you absolutely know that Miami is not so.........

not sure if youbare serious or not..but if so

Thanksgiving game no chance of flex, only times can be changed not days.

other games starting around week 11 I believe must be flexed 12 days in advance I think, with the last week only 6 days. I think that is close anyway

Flex scheduling starts in Week 11. No, they can't flex the Thanksgiving games. My prediction is that the Bills-Titans game on Dec. 4 gets flexed. 2 good teams, and the current Sunday night game is Indianapolis at New England (ugh).

Flex scheduling starts in Week 11. No, they can't flex the Thanksgiving games. My prediction is that the Bills-Titans game on Dec. 4 gets flexed. 2 good teams, and the current Sunday night game is Indianapolis at New England (ugh).

Running down the end of the year - almost all the night games have either Boston or NY in them- if we get bumped it'll be agaist a big market. They won't pull Boston for tennessee.

II got my tix for Titans v Bills! Flex away ( actually I don't want that to happen. Sunday at 1 is the way to go)

Either this game or the Bills/Jets game the week prior (Nov 27) are possibilities in my mind. I believe the Sunday night game that week is Pittsburgh/Kansas City. While the Jets may not be doing so well, its still the NYC metro market and that is automatic ratings for NBC.

I believe they flex games approximately 2 weeks ahead of time, so that means the decision on that week will be made after the Bills/Dallas game. If the Bills have at least 6 wins (especially if the 2 come over the Giants and Jets) by that point and Pittsburgh and KC continue on their current path I expect league to give this game serious flex consideration.

Did you mean switching our week 10 game with miamis week 12 game??? I am pretty sure nothing like that has ever happened. sarcasm?

Either this game or the Bills/Jets game the week prior (Nov 27) are possibilities in my mind. I believe the Sunday night game that week is Pittsburgh/Kansas City. While the Jets may not be doing so well, its still the NYC metro market and that is automatic ratings for NBC.

I believe they flex games approximately 2 weeks ahead of time, so that means the decision on that week will be made after the Bills/Dallas game. If the Bills have at least 6 wins (especially if the 2 come over the Giants and Jets) by that point and Pittsburgh and KC continue on their current path I expect league to give this game serious flex consideration.

Jets is my guess too

The deadline is something like Thursday at 8pm, aka less than 72 hours before the game. I had a trip planned to go down to Tampa Bay for a game last year which got flexed to the 8pm slot. I ended up having to pay the airline change fee, another night in a hotel, and take an unpaid day off of work, just to make the game still.

Thanks NFL. :thumbdown:

But I dont think they flex T-Day games.

Not only are you asking for the Thanksgiving Day games to be flexed (which will never happen), but you're asking the NFL to move a game already scheduled for Nov. 13 -- nearly three weeks in advance of Thanksgiving -- to Thanksgiving Day. Other teams be damned!!

Ummmm...okay.

I like the idea of either game being flexed really. I'm just not sure if Tennessee can keep up their current pace without Chris Johnson being...Chris Johnson. Matt Hasselbeck was at his best in Seattle with Shaun Alexander eating the clock and rolling up monster yards. Although there may be blood in the water so to speak with Andre Johnson and Mario Williams injured in Houston

However now that I look their schedule is pretty soft through the next 6 weeks. They may be this seasons Kansas City, feasting on poor opponents

Edited by JM57

Funny how many primetime games the Colts have.

Without Manning, that's like tuning in to watch a high school JV team.

I don't understand some of the replies. I realize my question must be unclear. I'm asking if the NFL would have the Bills play Dallas on Thanksgiving instead of Miami playing them. Then Miami could play Dallas when the Bills were scheduled. I think it would help ratings but maybe Thanksgiving is too early in the season.

Is that possible?

I realize they would never move Dallas or Detroit off of Thanksgiving but I bet they's

d like to get rid of Miami. Detroit plays Green Bay so that game is a good one.