we need a real running package

Im not saying get rid of the 4 and 5 wr sets ...but we can actually run the ball! And we do it well....and we don't need to spread the defense with 4 wrs to run the ball....and philly struggles again power run sets... but in Chan I trust

Well actually, since (as you say) we don't have a real running package, and nearly all of our running plays are draws out of 3/4 receiver sets... we don't know for sure if we are good at running out without the spread offense. Something tells me that Chan thought we could, we would already be doing it.

Im not saying get rid of the 4 and 5 wr sets ...but we can actually run the ball! And we do it well....and we don't need to spread the defense with 4 wrs to run the ball....and philly struggles again power run sets... but in Chan I trust

I could not agree more. McIntyre needs to be on the field more also.

The Eagles are said to be one of the worst tackling teams in the league. I suggest that they use Johnson/WR, Smith/WR, Spiller Slot/WR, Jackson RB, Chandler TE as the main package this week.

It blows the mind thinking about the possibilities, with the Eagles not knowing who will get the ball out of Smith, Spiller and Jackson on handoffs/reverses/quick hit passes. The you add in the traditional rolls that Johnson and Chandler would play and the poor tackling Eagles should be screwed.

This game is in the hands of Jackson, Spiller and Smith and their ability to break tackles (along with decent run blocking of course). The Bills must get creative this week while maintaining a commitment to the running game. Get the ball into the three guys hands who know how to break and/or avoid tackles.

+ 1

Let's hope so, but don't ne surprised to see pass / run / pass all game long.

We need to change everything, we lost a road game by a field goal in the final seconds...

Part of the reason why we have ran the ball so well thus far is because we have done it out of non-traditional sets. Teams have been off-balanced trying to figure out what we're going to do next. Maybe our oline isn't that good and if we did resort back to a "traditional" set they would be exposed.

Yes but will we be able to run out of these formations late in the year in bad weather? That is what is concerning folks...........

Says who? You can run the spread in any weather. I have seen spread offense carve up defenses in the winter. Bad footing favors the offense.

We have a two back offense with the FB, we just have not used it much other than short yardage goal line. We also have the Brad Smith alignment which has also been used for short yardage.

The Bills have good diversity in their alignments.

Having a second TE that can block and catch would be nice.

We need to change everything, we lost a road game by a field goal in the final seconds...

No we are up 17-3 ...then eventually 20-13 .... then 20 to 20

The passing game was not working...whether it was Cincy Defense or because our offense timing was off(switch happens)

But there was a few 2nd and 4 and 3rd and 2/3 downs...where spreading the field isnt needed... especially on the 3rd and 1 poor call by the refs...i was screaming at the TV when they came out in that spread with an empty back field...because we can run the ball...

Eagles dont want to play physical football....all im saying is that we need to mix it up 2especially on 2nd and short and 3rd and short

The Eagles are said to be one of the worst tackling teams in the league. I suggest that they use Johnson/WR, Smith/WR, Spiller Slot/WR, Jackson RB, Chandler TE as the main package this week.

It blows the mind thinking about the possibilities, with the Eagles not knowing who will get the ball out of Smith, Spiller and Jackson on handoffs/reverses/quick hit passes. The you add in the traditional rolls that Johnson and Chandler would play and the poor tackling Eagles should be screwed.

This game is in the hands of Jackson, Spiller and Smith and their ability to break tackles (along with decent run blocking of course). The Bills must get creative this week while maintaining a commitment to the running game. Get the ball into the three guys hands who know how to break and/or avoid tackles.

Interesting possible lineup. I suspect Smith will get the call quite a bit in different sets. The Bills should be hard to defense now that we have tight ends who are receiving threats and a solid running back in Jackson and two very different running/receiving threats in Smith and Spiller (okay..Spiller has a lot to prove..but he is a unique talent) The trick is to get the offense onto the field as much as possible.

A weird possibility? How about an on-sides kick to open the game or at half time? The eagles have not shown much offensive prowess in the red zone, their special teams are nothing special, and if successful gives us a good solid start and one more possession. The Saints did it successfully in the superbowl.