Dear NFL ..........................................

Dude, didn't you watch the "X-Files" during the '90s? The Cigarette-Smoking Man clearly commanded in a meeting during one episode that the Bills would never win a Super Bowl as long as he was alive... I guess he's still ticking!

So the Bills lost four straight Super Bowls because Ralph is cheap? That's great. But wait he can't be THAT cheap now can he seeing they made it to those four straight. So he paid Vegas AFC Championship money only? :lol:

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forget about the replay - why was it called incomplete on the field?

which official called it, and how far away from the play was he?

He came up from 10 yards downfield to overrule the man in front of the play... and then reviews the play and holds up his own ruling. SHOCKER!

so he was shielded from the play by Johnson (partially) and the Bengals' DB?

When a referee who was farther away from the play than the referee who was there overturns the call on the field, and then the call is upheld despite video evidence to the contrary, shielding of his vision is moot.

heading out to buy stock in dairy products. lots a spilt milk out there.

jw

There always is here.

Even last week after beating the pats there were threads here about how the refs boned the Bills in that game as well.

There are two universal constants at TBD ...

1) Rapant homerism about the Bills getting screwed by the officials/league/God/everyone and everything else

2) The Senators formula for the Bills end of season record: (19 - (current number of losses)) - (current number of losses)

There always is here.

Even last week after beating the pats there were threads here about how the refs boned the Bills in that game as well.

1) Rapant homerism about the Bills getting screwed by the officials/league/God/everyone and everything else

Video evidence proved that the call was bad... sorry, your comments are invalid in this case.

When a referee who was farther away from the play than the referee who was there overturns the call on the field, and then the call is upheld despite video evidence to the contrary, shielding of his vision is moot.

I'm saying that it shouldn't have been ruled incomplete on the field to begin with.

I can't believe that people are still defending the refs with respect to that abortion of a call.... (ETA: Not directed to you, BmoreBills)

Edited by bills44

You are confusing borderline calls and routine calls that would go against the Bills with calls that are blatantly wrong. That was my point in bringing up the game from 1998...

i can see it now, a built-in excuse should the Bills miss the playoffs. it all goes back to this one play. how convenient.

good teams overcome these. bad teams don't. we'll see what happens, but far too many things went wrong for it to come down to one play. if the Bills were that good, they should've had this game in the bag long before the fourth quarter.

if the Bills proved overconfident going into this one, well, they need to rebound.

if the Bills can't overcome this one loss, well, there's nothing the refs can do one way or another.

bad calls happen. they even out. bad breaks happen, too.

and as it's been noted once before in Cincinnati: why so serious?

jw

There always is here.

2) The Senators formula for the Bills end of season record: (19 - (current number of losses)) - (current number of losses)

that's funny. :thumbsup:

jw

That wasn't even the 'worst game changing obvious bad call' in Bills history, much less ever.

(Not saying it wasn't a horrible call. Just sayin' the Bills have been party to worse.)

It wasn't even the worst game changing obvious bad call in the last 8 days of Bills history. Remember the PI penalty?

I don't know why everyone assumes the Bills would have scored on that drive anyway -- they were shut down by Cincy most of the day. They played like crap and deserved to lose. As for the officiating, it has been ruined by the replay review system. When you have refs that constantly feel second-guessed, they are not going to do their jobs with confidence.

While I agree that the call of incomplete was incorrect, there wasn't enough video evidence to overturn the call. The ball disappears under Stevie and you don't KNOW what happened while the ball was hidden. We all have a very reasonable assumption that the catch was completed at that point, but there isn't PROOF that it was. Thus there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the call.

Had the correct (IMHO) call of completed catch been made, there wouldn't have been enough evidence to overturn that either.

I don't know why everyone assumes the Bills would have scored on that drive anyway -- they were shut down by Cincy most of the day.

I don't think that most, let alone "everyone", is assuming that the Bills would have scored on that drive. But I would have liked to have seen what they would have done in that situation, with the ball in Bengals' territory.

Maybe they burn a minute or two, and then punt the ball. Bengals got the ball back with 1:48 left.

i can see it now, a built-in excuse should the Bills miss the playoffs. it all goes back to this one play. how convenient.

good teams overcome these. bad teams don't. we'll see what happens, but far too many things went wrong for it to come down to one play. if the Bills were that good, they should've had this game in the bag long before the fourth quarter.

if the Bills proved overconfident going into this one, well, they need to rebound.

if the Bills can't overcome this one loss, well, there's nothing the refs can do one way or another.

bad calls happen. they even out. bad breaks happen, too.

and as it's been noted once before in Cincinnati: why so serious?

jw

That is NOT the point and you know it- you made the statement that the bad call did not affect the outcome when it did. This is not a question of how good the Bills are, but an indictment of the crew that did that game. When the game is decided on a bad call such as that, it taints the result. To deny it didn't affect the game is just insane.

That is NOT the point and you know it- you made the statement that the bad call did not affect the outcome when it did. This is not a question of how good the Bills are, but an indictment of the crew that did that game. When the game is decided on a bad call such as that, it taints the result. To deny it didn't affect the game is just insane.

you're saying it "decided" the game. no it didn't.

jw

I tallied up about 10 calls/non-calls yesterday that were "controversial". All went the Bengals way.

Do you know what the odds are of flipping a coin and having it come up heads 10 times in a row?

About the same as those of having a Bungles' fan agree with you on all 10 calls? ;)