Before I can go any further, I must first chew on some crow.

This transgression should not be forgiven without pennance...confession is only the first step. As pennance, you shall listen to the Bills Shout Song 100 times in succession and have Flutie Flakes for breakfast every day for two weeks. Then watch a replay of the 11th pick in the 2009 NFL draft 100 times and then go back and read every Losman vs. Edwards thread archived on this site.

LMAO!!

The "Shout" song is actually my Windows Startup Sound. I did love Flutie in '98, but I was for the Rob Johnson move in '99 and '00. However, I did purchase some Flutie Flakes at the end of the '98 season on ebay! As for Aaron Maybin...euh. I STILL shiver when thinking of that failure!

Great spot to watch sabres games as well! I thought it was called Miller's Ale house. Been there a few times although I don't live in Orlando. I have kids. I'm sure those of us with kids understaand once mickey time is over its to head on over to the Ale house.

I do have three children, and fortunately, a very understanding wife. And, you're right. It IS Miller's Ale House.

Welcome back there's tons of room still left on this wagon.

Really you were once a Dolphan? Really? I understand the rivalry isn't what is used to be, but we all remember and still very much dislike that franchise!I live in Davie, FL(their headquarters).I would quit football before I became a fan of them.

The Jaguars would have been more acceptable.

No..was never a Dolphan, really. I watched them because they were on TV, but if you were to ask me who I liked during this hiatus, I would have told you the Bucs were my team. I can't bring myself to jump into enemy territory like that. I will say that I did go to the two Bills games in Miami in '07 and '08. I was cheering for the Bills, and wearing Bills colors. There are a LOT of Bills fans that go to Dolphins games. We won the game in '07, but lost the '08 game.

Edited by Orlando Bills Fan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've learned a very valuable lesson, and I hope that I can keep learning it.

Ever since I could really understand football, I was a Bills fan, but I wasn't originally from Buffalo, though I did move there in my earlier years. My Mom worked at the old training camp facility (SUNY New York) back in the late '80s, when the Bills were then an up and coming team. I started watching football, and then the Bills got REALLY good a couple years later, and I was hooked.

I lived and died through the four Super Bowl losses, the Music City Miracle, and countless other dreadful moments with the Bills. (Why, oh WHY did Bruce Smith decide not to take a flu shot during that 1995 campaign when I thought we had a really good chance, with that defense especially, to go back to the Super Bowl. But, instead, Bruce Smith gets the flu, and the Steelers just run the ball to his empty spot. The victory against Miami the week before was the last time the Bills have won a playoff game.)

However, I moved to Florida in 2006, (and had been living elsewhere through military commitments and such beforehand) and the Bills were smack dab in the middle of starting to become REALLY awful. The Bucs and Dolphins were near here, and I started watching them, along with the Bills. During the "great collapse" of 2008, I turned my back on the team for good. I figured that Ralph was going to move the team, anyway, or someone would once he died. I didn't see the Bills doing anything more as an organization ever again, until such move was complete. So, I started pulling for my Florida teams, though I still do love the Gators. I had taken notice week one when the Bills destroyed the Chiefs, and then again when they came back against the Raiders.

Last weeks game, though, was the stuff of ages. It was as if the football gods, for one day at least, decided to right an awful lot of wrongs that the Bills have been suffering. And, it taught me a lesson. This is the NFL. Tough it out. Stay with your team because the only thing that you can count on is change. Bad teams can get better really quick in this modern age of football.

The Bills might go anywhere from 16-0 to 3-13 this year, but either way, I've learned my lesson. I'm back...I'm home, and I'll never leave again. If the team moves out of Buffalo one day, we'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.

I hope to be welcomed back by the fanbase here, and I'll stay a regular on the forums, and I deserve some ribbing for leaving in the first place..and I'm prepared to take it!

GO BILLS!!

Don't beat yourself up. Sounds like your heart never left.

Don't beat yourself up. Sounds like your heart never left.

Thank you. No, I don't think it ever truly did. What is it about this team that gets into people's blood? You look at these Florida teams....the Bucs were on the verge of the playoffs last year, and couldn't sell out their stadium. The Jags and Dolphins have the same problem.

But, the Bills, as bad as it ever gets, still regularly sell out that stadium, and for SUCH a small market team, they have a very good out of state following.

How do they do it?

However, I moved to Florida in 2006, (and had been living elsewhere through military commitments and such beforehand) and the Bills were smack dab in the middle of starting to become REALLY awful. The Bucs and Dolphins were near here, and I started watching them, along with the Bills. During the "great collapse" of 2008, I turned my back on the team for good.

Enough said...tell me, is it your ankle or knee that hurts? or did you just "tuck-and-roll"?

Thank you. No, I don't think it ever truly did. What is it about this team that gets into people's blood? You look at these Florida teams....the Bucs were on the verge of the playoffs last year, and couldn't sell out their stadium. The Jags and Dolphins have the same problem.

But, the Bills, as bad as it ever gets, still regularly sell out that stadium, and for SUCH a small market team, they have a very good out of state following.

How do they do it?

It's because being a Bills fan is like having a permanent virus. Many are actively infected their entire lives while for others the virus enters it's lysogenic cycle; quietly hiding in your DNA and waiting for the right sequence of events to become active again. Oh, you move on with your life and think it's gone away then ...BAM!

Welcome back to the land of the perpetually ill! :thumbsup:

Enough said...tell me, is it your ankle or knee that hurts? or did you just "tuck-and-roll"?

UUUhhhh...well, you know us Floridians...we can't vote properly, we can't handle the cold, we can't understand the punchline of what appears to be a really good joke....

So, um...I'm going with "tuck and roll"?

It's because being a Bills fan is like having a permanent virus. Many are actively infected their entire lives while for others the virus enters it's lysogenic cycle; quietly hiding in your DNA and waiting for the right sequence of events to become active again. Oh, you move on with your life and think it's gone away then ...BAM!

Welcome back to the land of the perpetually ill! :thumbsup:

Good to be back!!

As they say, the sweet isn't as sweet without the bitter.

I think suffering though the bad years is part of what being a fan is all about; I just don't understand turning tail and running when your team starts sucking. Living through a decade of Levy/Jauran/Wilson incompetence, still making time to watch the games every weekend, and trying to figure out how the team is going to turn it around is part of the fun. And it makes it all that much more satisfying when they finally do turn it around and become a contender again. And they all do eventually turn it around again and make a run. It just takes some teams a little longer than others.

At least you're honest. That being said, the jury is still out for you pal. The rest of us sufferred through some of the worst football ever known to man. 6-3 Browns game anyone? We've gotten beat down by the awful coaching/personel decsions and then kicked in the head and told to enjoy it by ownership. Now, just because the girl has dropped 100 lbs and looks good...you want her back. It doesn't work that way. now you have to put in the time to win her back.

For me, the closest thing: growing up, I LOVED the Buffalo Braves, and HATED the Boston Celtics....when the Braves left town, I was stuck...I still loved basketball, but had no team. It was the early days of cable, the "superstation" we got with our cable in WNY was a Boston station, they showed every Celtics game. So, my choice was to abandoned the sport all-together, or to watch the only games I could watch, the Celtics. The fact that it was the begining of the Larry Bird era didn't hurt, but I just started loving the Celtics. Still do to this day. If we had only been able to watch Clevland Cavs games, I likely would be a Cavs fan today...it was all just circumstance.

When it comes to the NFL though, I think if the Bills ever did leave Buffalo, I would likely still watch the NFL, but I can't imagine rooting for another NFL team.

This. #Bills til the death. My tattoo will be a relic of better days IF they ever move, which they won't.

Excellent. Well done. Hey Orlando, welcome back. And keep billieving.

Am working on it. I went to confession today. The priest told me to do 100 Hail Marys and have a six pack of LaBatts Blue.

As I said before. I understand the NFL, and my patience is better. Someone above said that it's just sweeter when you've suffered through the pain. I'll contend that I still have, as I didn't quit watching until 2008. I sat through that Browns game. That was pure hell.

Ever since I could really understand football, I was a Bills fan, but I wasn't originally from Buffalo, though I did move there in my earlier years. My Mom worked at the old training camp facility (SUNY New York) back in the late '80s, when the Bills were then an up and coming team. I started watching football, and then the Bills got REALLY good a couple years later, and I was hooked.

I lived and died through the four Super Bowl losses, the Music City Miracle, and countless other dreadful moments with the Bills. (Why, oh WHY did Bruce Smith decide not to take a flu shot during that 1995 campaign when I thought we had a really good chance, with that defense especially, to go back to the Super Bowl. But, instead, Bruce Smith gets the flu, and the Steelers just run the ball to his empty spot. The victory against Miami the week before was the last time the Bills have won a playoff game.)

However, I moved to Florida in 2006, (and had been living elsewhere through military commitments and such beforehand) and the Bills were smack dab in the middle of starting to become REALLY awful. The Bucs and Dolphins were near here, and I started watching them, along with the Bills. During the "great collapse" of 2008, I turned my back on the team for good. I figured that Ralph was going to move the team, anyway, or someone would once he died. I didn't see the Bills doing anything more as an organization ever again, until such move was complete. So, I started pulling for my Florida teams, though I still do love the Gators. I had taken notice week one when the Bills destroyed the Chiefs, and then again when they came back against the Raiders.

Last weeks game, though, was the stuff of ages. It was as if the football gods, for one day at least, decided to right an awful lot of wrongs that the Bills have been suffering. And, it taught me a lesson. This is the NFL. Tough it out. Stay with your team because the only thing that you can count on is change. Bad teams can get better really quick in this modern age of football.

The Bills might go anywhere from 16-0 to 3-13 this year, but either way, I've learned my lesson. I'm back...I'm home, and I'll never leave again. If the team moves out of Buffalo one day, we'll jump off that bridge when we come to it.

I hope to be welcomed back by the fanbase here, and I'll stay a regular on the forums, and I deserve some ribbing for leaving in the first place..and I'm prepared to take it!

GO BILLS!!

!@#$ that, can't stand bandwagon jumpers, meet guys like you all the time, you shouldn't be allowed to enjoy this

You sir are a loser and no you are not welcomed back.

Let me guess, you cheered for the packers last year?

This

I say to all bandwagoneers everywhere WELCOME aboard.

If you have bandwagoneer fans, that means you're good. We haven't had any since this century. Look at who has the most, Yankees. Tells you something right there.

I did change fan loyalty once. It can happen. Never say never. I was a huge Cowboy fan from 1960 - 1988 and fan out of default from 1989 to 1995. (Born in Dallas and lived there until 2004) Any idea as to what turned me off? You got it, JJ. He ruined it. Then in 1995 through the love of a good woman I started watching Bills games and switched my fandom to the Bills in 1996. I've been die hard ever since. It's been mostly bad, but fun ever since. The Bills, no matter what, strap their helmets on tight and give the opponents H E double hockey sticks each and every game.

So far this season has been amazing. But, there is still a very long way to go. We're like in first place at the 5 mile marker in a marathon. But it's lookin' pretty good.

go BILLS !! and welcome back! Need some Anchor Bar hot sauce with that crow?

This transgression should not be forgiven without pennance...confession is only the first step. As pennance, you shall listen to the Bills Shout Song 100 times in succession and have Flutie Flakes for breakfast every day for two weeks. Then watch a replay of the 11th pick in the 2009 NFL draft 100 times and then go back and read every Losman vs. Edwards thread archived on this site.

AWESOME!

!@#$ that, can't stand bandwagon jumpers, meet guys like you all the time, you shouldn't be allowed to enjoy this

This

I have to agree 100%.

If this recent success only turns out to be a flash in the pan and the team really isn't that good, how long til the OP is off the bandwagon and rooting for the Dolphins, Bucs, Jags again?

Bandwagon is full. Been a fan since the early 70's and never once have I left.

I have to agree 100%.

If this recent success only turns out to be a flash in the pan and the team really isn't that good, how long til the OP is off the bandwagon and rooting for the Dolphins, Bucs, Jags again?

Bandwagon is full. Been a fan since the early 70's and never once have I left.

Yup

I took my two daughters down to the park a few night ago, they had their bills purses, ratings, and sweatsuits on.

While we were there a man came with his two children, all three had steelers gear on.

He came up to me and said, yeah I was a big bills fan till recently but now I root fir the best team in the NFL. He said bills were looking good and he was rooting for them.

I told him "don't bother, enjoy winning every year it's easy to do, come on girls we don't want to be around people like this"

My foUr year old said, is he a bad guy daddy?

I said no baby, he is worse than that

Edited by Defend Greece