Do we blow out the Bengals like we did the Chiefs?

blakesbills16

First off, I'm new to this board, and let me start by saying I like what I'm seeing! I frequent the BBMB but this is a nice change of scenery!

Anyways, the more I analyze this Bengals squad, the more confident I am that the Bills win by a large margin.

I don't want to seem cocky, and trust me I'm not over looking this team (rankings aside, their defense is quite good) but I guarentee no one in the bills locker room is overlooking them either, and they will more than prepared come Sunday.

It's the Bengals offense that makes me think we blow them out. It's quite possible that they're a less talented group than the Chiefs offense. At least the Chiefs have a proven winner in Cassel, a pro-bowl top 5 WR in Bowe, and a star Running Back in Charles (at least when we played them).

QB Andy Dalton is certainly showing bright spots that he could turn out to be the Bengals long term QB, but theres no doubt that right now, he's a long term project, and looking just like he should... a rookie QB who makes good plays here and there, but also commits a lot of mistatkes.

With Benson looking like he will be playing, I believe they're going to try and establish a run game early. I think that our Defense will continue to show their strength is run-stopping, forcing Dalton to throw more than he will be comfortable with... resulting in what could be a few turnovers.

The guys at buddynixon.com talk a lot about how they feel the Bills get an easy win Sunday in the second half of their Tuesday Podcast. It's a good listen. Here's the link for that if you're interested:

http://www.buddynixon.com/podcasts/buffalo-bros-podcast-9-92711

Thoughts?

Edited by blakesbills16

First off, I'm new to this board, and let me start by saying I like what I'm seeing! I frequent the BBMB but this is a nice change of scenery!

Anyways, the more I analyze this Bengals squad, the more confident I am that the Bills win by a large margin.

I don't want to seem cocky, and trust me I'm not over looking this team (rankings aside, their defense is quite good) but I guarentee no one in the bills locker room is overlooking them either, and they will more than prepared come Sunday.

What I want to see out of the Bills on Sunday:

1) a quality start, offense and defense. There's a joke on one fan BB that from now on, Chan Gailey is going to spot the other team 21 points at the coin flip before kickoff.

I want to HEAR the hitting on Defense like we did in KC. I want the O to put together a nice, steady point-scoring grind in one of their first 2 possessions.

This falling behind by 21 points schtick will get us blown out if we build it into a habit.

2) a sturdy finish. No letting the other guys hang around and climb back in it with strings of unanswered points. Stay strong and close the game on D.

No mistakes on O and at least one more steady, point scoring drive on the offense

3) continued positive TO ratio

I think the Bengals are a better defensive team than the Chiefs, though I wish folks would stay off the NFL.com statsline.

Those who say at 3 games out, the stats are measuring the quality of the opponents at least as much as the quality of our team, are Right on.

Sort by "points per game" and "yards per play" and look at stuff like penalty yards and third down conversion if you want to learn something.

Cincy locker room has to be going through a lot of "churn" right now, and it will be interesting to see how they deal with it. They just might circle the wagons and come out tough.

It really depends on the quality of the players, and I have no opinion on that.

Aside: How on earth can you find 6 lbs of tea to go with FedEx delivery of 2.5 lbs, and no one gets arrested? Is that so commonplace in Northern Kentucky the cops just shrug or something?

What I want to see out of the Bills on Sunday:

1) a quality start, offense and defense. There's a joke on one fan BB that from now on, Chan Gailey is going to spot the other team 21 points at the coin flip before kickoff.

I want to HEAR the hitting on Defense like we did in KC. I want the O to put together a nice, steady point-scoring grind in one of their first 2 possessions.

This falling behind by 21 points schtick will get us blown out if we build it into a habit.

I completely agree with you, we need to start putting drives together and scoring points early in these games... no doubt if we continue this streak of late starts that it will catch up to us and hinder our season and possibility of a playoff run.

See Steelers@Colts

I've got a bad feeling that they're looking bast the Bengals to the Giants and Eagles

I don't think they do man. This team still has that bad taste of starting 0-8 in their mouths from last season... If you've read any of the players quotes from this week or heard any of their interviews... they're all going into this game like they're facing New England again. No way this team with their early new born success starts getting arrogant... remember what our team is mostly composed of, late round picks and UDFA's who had to over come adversity to be where they are today.

I don't even think it's close, the Bills smoke Cincy.

I'm with you. I may have gotten a little overly-optimistic in the podcast by stating the Bills beat them in Chiefs fashion 41-7 lol... but I think 32-13 is a more reasonable, accurate prediction.

Edited by blakesbills16

its a scarey game for the Bills after the big win last week but they shouldnt be overlooking anyone

AJ Green is already showing how good he is and Benson can still run the ball

I dont care if they blow them out or not, as long as they come out ready to play and of course win

Edited by Max997

its a scarey game for the Bills but they shouldnt be overlooking anyone

AJ Green is already showing how good he is and Benson can still run the ball

I dont care if they blow them out or not, as long as they win

True, Green had a great game last week. That TD where he kept his feet in bounds showed tremendous balance and skill. It will be interesting to see how he progresses here in week 4. Also a good match-up and challenge for Florence or McKelvin.

As for Benson, I think the guy is past his prime. Especially with all his legal issues providing a distraction for him right now.

Edited by blakesbills16

Marcell will knock Andy Dalton out of the game, then he'll eat a tube steak when he gets back to Buffalo

LOL. It would be nice to see some sacks this week. We talked about that on Tuesday's podcast... Cincinnati's offensive line is very weak, this could be a game where we actually have a consistent pass rush.

True, Green had a great game last week. That TD where he kept his feet in bounds showed tremendous balance and skill. It will be interesting to see how he progresses here in week 4. Also a good match-up and challenge for Florence or McKelvin.

As for Benson, I think the guy is past his prime. Especially with all his legal issues providing a distraction for him right now.

he can still run the ball though

i think the bills win but scarey game that they prob struggle a little in

They aren't talented enough to look past anyone, which is a good thing in this case.

They know they need to stay focused on the current opponent which should give them a great chance at yet another win this week.

If they play smart and virtually mistake free like they have been the first 3 weeks you have to like their chances against the Bungles.