A Cause For Concern

phillyrich

I am not trying to take the wind out of our sails as Bills Fans. I am thrilled we are 3 - 0 and will be the last to say I thought we would be at this point. I did think 2 - 1. Fred Jackson has been and still is my favorite Bill.

However, I am getting more and more concerned about an issue as the hours go by after our victory over the Patriots. What is the issue and Why? Information shared in the Post Game Media Sessions. It started with my favorite Bill, Freddy Jackson's, Post Game interview. I like to read the opponents news reports after games to get the "other side's" view. In the New England News, It was reported that Freddy shared how Fitz has been able to pre-snap read NE on coming blitz's. Please see Freddy's late 4th qtr 38 yd pass to the one yard line. Freddy offered up how Fritz read an on coming blitz then adjusted by throwing to the receiver who would be in the open spot left vacant by the oncoming blitzer. This just so happened to be Freddy. And BOOM, Freddy was gone to the foot races.

Offering up this kind of game planning and strategy to the media or anyone outside a locker room in my book is a big no no. We didn't hear any sort of strategy review of how Buffalo beat New England from Belichick or Brady in the Post Game. Since FJ's Post Game Interview, I have now witnessed two analysts on ESPN and two on the NFL Network comment on how good Fitz is Pre-Snap. I am not saying that the comments from ESPN and NFL Network are a result of FJ's Post Game, but it is kind of coincidental. And yes I know the analysts from ESPN and NFL Network are great at breaking down what happens in a game. That is fine, let the analysts break down what happened, not the players in post game.

I am sure Freddy was caught up in the moment of the euphoria of finally beating NE. That is fine. If this hasn't been dealt with already, Chan needs to instruct the team to share only Neutral Post Game Information moving forward. Comments such as "Need to do better", "We worked Hard", " We were focused"...... are to be allowed. Not "We new we could do this on this in this type of situation."

Maybe this is not such a bid deal. I love to hear your thoughts on this.

My thoughts on it: Not a big deal. Things change from week to week, and there really isn't much that truly surprises each other in the NFL; it comes down to read, adjust--and make sure you're on the same page when you do (like Ftiz & Fred were on that play), and then execution (which they did).

I am not trying to take the wind out of our sails as Bills Fans. I am thrilled we are 3 - 0 and will be the last to say I thought we would be at this point. I did think 2 - 1. Fred Jackson has been and still is my favorite Bill.

However, I am getting more and more concerned about an issue as the hours go by after our victory over the Patriots. What is the issue and Why? Information shared in the Post Game Media Sessions. It started with my favorite Bill, Freddy Jackson's, Post Game interview. I like to read the opponents news reports after games to get the "other side's" view. In the New England News, It was reported that Freddy shared how Fitz has been able to pre-snap read NE on coming blitz's. Please see Freddy's late 4th qtr 38 yd pass to the one yard line. Freddy offered up how Fritz read an on coming blitz then adjusted by throwing to the receiver who would be in the open spot left vacant by the oncoming blitzer. This just so happened to be Freddy. And BOOM, Freddy was gone to the foot races.

Offering up this kind of game planning and strategy to the media or anyone outside a locker room in my book is a big no no. We didn't hear any sort of strategy review of how Buffalo beat New England from Belichick or Brady in the Post Game. Since FJ's Post Game Interview, I have now witnessed two analysts on ESPN and two on the NFL Network comment on how good Fitz is Pre-Snap. I am not saying that the comments from ESPN and NFL Network are a result of FJ's Post Game, but it is kind of coincidental. And yes I know the analysts from ESPN and NFL Network are great at breaking down what happens in a game. That is fine, let the analysts break down what happened, not the players in post game.

I am sure Freddy was caught up in the moment of the euphoria of finally beating NE. That is fine. If this hasn't been dealt with already, Chan needs to instruct the team to share only Neutral Post Game Information moving forward. Comments such as "Need to do better", "We worked Hard", " We were focused"...... are to be allowed. Not "We new we could do this on this in this type of situation."

Maybe this is not such a bid deal. I love to hear your thoughts on this.

This is why you are practice squad, my young padawan learner

My thoughts are the big "no no" is offering the other team "inspirational quotes". Fitz was pushing the envelope with "man to man, our man is better".

For the most part our guys have done very well at saying "on to the next team" and avoiding this.

My thought is "please, no". I don't think our players are offering up anything that opposing coaches can't see on film for themselves.