Cowboys vs. Redskins

bartshan-83

Anyone who has this on, rewind to the fumble just caused by Landry. Right after the play the camera goes to Landry who is walking off the field as he high-fives someone.

That "someone" is Dez Bryant. Anyone catch that?

Have you ever seen a player high-five an opposing player right after he caused a turnover?

I thought it was bizarre...

To Bartshan,

Bryan Cox… yes that Bryan Cox, actually high-fived Thurman Thomas after Thurman scored a TD against Cox and the Dolphins.

It was weird…

London Fletcher is such a great player… so glad that he's making Pro Bowls finally and that he has some decent D-linemen in front of him for the first time in his career.

London and Rocky McIntosh are both kinda short compared to the prototype LB, but both excellent football players.

And yeah, LaRon Landry. Proved on that hit that there's plenty or room for violent shots without having to go headhunting. I like hard-hitting football… just not gratuitous, life-threatening violence.

Could you imagine LaRon Landry and the late Sean Taylor manning the safety spots? Consolation for the Skins is that OJ Atogwe is a pretty good safety too.

Finally, talk about addition by subtraction. Get rid of McNabb and Haynesworth and try building a team the right way… Shanahan and Bruce Allen seem to have finally come to their senses… or convinced Daniel Snyder to come to his.

Apparently you are no longer allowed to hit WRs at all. The NFL is ruining the game of football. I remember when QBs had to take into account where they were throwing to in order to protect the receivers. Seriosusly, your not even allowed to hit a guy in the shoulder anymore to separate them from the ball!?

Apparently you are no longer allowed to hit WRs at all. The NFL is ruining the game of football. I remember when QBs had to take into account where they were throwing to in order to protect the receivers. Seriosusly, your not even allowed to hit a guy in the shoulder anymore to separate them from the ball!?

Yup there is no reason to get thick safeties anymore

Former QB praising another QB who actually showed a lot of guts and took some shots tonight. I thought it was great to see a QB show heart and lead his team to a win when clearly he wasn't even close to being healthy.

Yuck, did I just praise (H)omo........I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Edited by r00tabaga

That's absolutely not true but sometimes in a bang bang play trying to judge the catch, spot, interference etc.... It can be hard to tell at full speed from off angles.

Also if you can read this article and tell me that the issue didn't need to be addressed... I don't know what to say

http://mobile.nola.com/advnola/pm_29228/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=zxy8kOtf

Edited by NoSaint

Very sad. I will go to bed now with a heavy heart. I hope this guy wins the impossible fight.

It doesnt look very winnable but it looks like he's living as well as you could hope given the situation. I actually just started a separate thread about Steve, and this article as the redskins cowboys thread is a terrible place to bring it up.... Just a knee jerk after reading it. The rules may not be perfect but I strongly support the changes after hearing so many of these stories. It's not about being tough when it comes down to it. These guys are all tough. Some things are bigger than separating the ball though. Refs need to work on enforcement but I fully support it even if it will be a process to get right.

Former QB praising another QB who actually showed a lot of guts and took some shots tonight. I thought it was great to see a QB show heart and lead his team to a win when clearly he wasn't even close to being healthy.

Yuck, did I just praise (H)omo........I just threw up a little in my mouth.

It won't be considered a big game because he won. If he had lost it would've been another huge game he choked away.

Absolutely it should be addressed, and judgement calls are tough. I thought that was I clean hit. If the NFL is worried about receiver safety as they rightfully should be, then they should regress to less of a passing league contrary to what they are doing. Rules governing what DBs were permitted to do years ago would discourage passing and protect receivers. I just don't want football to turn into a track meet.