Reality Check

I am pumped by our recent improvements, but our team is not that great.

In fact, our O is downright shaattty. Bledsoe still makes poor pases and poor decisions, and last week against Cinn (ranked 19th in the league) we couldnt rush for a first down for the first 3 quarters to save our lives. We are living off our D and special teams, and that can only last against poor teams.

Lets hope the D keeps smashing opponents into submission, cause one TD a week by our O aint gonna cut it against playoff teams.

Also - Rudi ran up some nice yardage on us. Only when we had a blocked punt for a TD and a Spikes interception for a TD to go up big, did they have to start throwing, which allowed us to really bring the dogs.

Just food for thought.

I hope, but all this talk about bringing on the Pats or Pittsburg is a bit premature.  But sh--, I'm def happy to be alog for the ride.  I havent had this much fun at 10 am on sundays in a while.... unless my lady was up for some actionnnn.

170688[/snapback]

Did you just watch the Patsies-Dolfags game?

I don't think you realize how hard it is to win in this league, even against the so-called scrub teams. We're 5-0 in the last 5 games, winning three of them on the road, with an average winning margin of 3 TDs.

I could see your point if we squeeked by in those games, but that's just not the case. Are we perfect? No, but here's a news flash. No one else is either.

I hope, but all this talk about bringing on the Pats or Pittsburg is a bit premature.  But sh--, I'm def happy to be alog for the ride.  I havent had this much fun at 10 am on sundays in a while.... unless my lady was up for some actionnnn.

170688[/snapback]

You don't want to consider us in the same league as the Steelers...but look

at how they have won.......stevestojantty offense.....good defense and STs....

Let's keep some perspective here....the Bills are a vastly better team today than they were on opening day.  But they have some FAs to sign (Williams and Jennings), and a QB situation which is shaky at best.  I just hope next year we keep the momentum.

170865[/snapback]

Agreed.

Last week against a Cleveland defense that ranked 21st in yards allowed and 27th in points allowed, the Bills turned the ball over twice in their own territory, Drew Bledsoe completed 12 of 27 passes for 100 yards, and four trips into the red zone ended without touchdowns.

Sunday against a Cincinnati defense that ranked 24th in yards allowed and 21st in points allowed, the Bills' offense produced one touchdown, 212 net yards (including 43 yards rushing on 29 attempts), 13 first downs and had four red-zone penetrations end in field goals.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...331/1007/SPORTS

Last week against a Cleveland defense that ranked 21st in yards allowed and 27th in points allowed, the Bills turned the ball over twice in their own territory, Drew Bledsoe completed 12 of 27 passes for 100 yards, and four trips into the red zone ended without touchdowns.

Sunday against a Cincinnati defense that ranked 24th in yards allowed and 21st in points allowed, the Bills' offense produced one touchdown, 212 net yards (including 43 yards rushing on 29 attempts), 13 first downs and had four red-zone penetrations end in field goals.

171351[/snapback]

Yeah, and we won 37-7. There is the ONE stat that actually matters.

Moral victories and/or losses are tools of losers.

I am pumped by our recent improvements, but our team is not that great.

In fact, our O is downright shaattty.  Bledsoe still makes poor pases and poor decisions, and last week against Cinn (ranked 19th in the league) we couldnt rush for a first down for the first 3 quarters to save our lives.  We are living off our D and special teams, and that can only last against poor teams.

Lets hope the D keeps smashing opponents into submission, cause one TD a week by our O aint gonna cut it against playoff teams.

Also - Rudi ran up some nice yardage on us.  Only when we had a blocked punt for a TD and a Spikes interception for a TD to go up big,  did they have to start throwing, which allowed us to really bring the dogs.

Just food for thought.

170659[/snapback]

Then go root for one of those "good teams" and get the hell off our board :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Um, It is true that the teams we beat these past 5 weeks don't have winning records. However, we just didn't beat these teams we absolutely crushed them. I wonder how many other teams who beat Seattle, St. Louis, Miami, Cleveland, Cinci can say that.

171351[/snapback]

Amen 2 dat!!!! I dont care if the offense has 15 yds a game as long as the Bills win!

IM ROOTING FOR THE BILLS 100%, BUT BE HONEST W/ YOURSELF.

AND MORE COWBELL!

171461[/snapback]

Reading and quoting statistics off a box score does not equate to being honest with yourself. You are correct that thinking we could go into Foxboro or Indy and win may be a bit premature, but the examples you cite to validate your point have some holes as well.