This is the week for Gailey to gameplan for Brad Smith

I know it sounds crazy to take the ball out of Fitz's hand because he has been a baller, but I think it would be a good offensive strategy to triple the amount of the wild-cat plays with some unusual formations in the back field with Jackson, Spiller and Brad Smith. Adding a option play for this game with Smith and Spiller I think could prove to be successful. The possibilities are endless though to try to confuse their defense.

Running a lot of wild-cat, if successful will kill a lot clock in hopes to minimize the Pats offense.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

The offense has been fine. Although I'm waiting for Chan to unveil the "Wild Bill/S-Gun" formation. That's Stevie and Jones on the outside, Chandler at TE, FJ (or CJ), and Brad Smith. You can run almost anything out of that set/run it at no-huddle pace.

I like the idea.

But, frankly, I've been disappointed with Smith so far. He is very tentative. He had an awesome pass opportunity today and blew it. He never brings the ball out on kickoffs.

I like him, but he needs to up his game.

Jankowski kicked the ball 7-9 yards in the endzone every kickoff. There wasn't one returnable. Janakowski actually has not had one kickoff returned all year. Crazy stat.

As for Smith being tentative, it's actually him being a patient runner. He reminds of Jackson but with break away speed. He has been given limited opportunity, mostly being put in on 2 or 3 and short and he has achieved a first down 100% of the time in those situations.

A "heavy dose" of the wildcat is not a good game plan against ANY pro team.

IIRC, the first team that ran it, MIA, displayed it against NE early in the 2008 season. The Dolphins won that game, but didn't have as much success the next time. It needs to be used in very select and opportune times, because Belichick isn't left unprepared for much, especially the wildcat.