McKelvin

fishgrappler

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

On the plays that McKelvin got beat on, if you tried that play ten times only one of the ten would the QB make the perfect pass and the WR make a spectacular leaping catch. I'd be thrilled if any DB had the coverage McKelvin had for the vast majority of the game including the plays he got beat on.

Kelly, are you satisfied with 4 picks from this guy in 3+ years? For some perspective, Antoine Winfield, never known as a ball-hawk, had five in his first three years. Winfield could cover with the best of them and play the run, though. I'm not seeing that from Leodis.

Wrong H2o!! When a db shuts down a reciever, the reciever doesn't make any catches. That's being "shut down"

2 catches for 17 yards, wow. I remember McKelvin being on him like white on rice and he is one of the better WR's in the league. :thumbsup:

This is spot on. Everyone is busy eviscerating McKelvin, but by far the worst guy in our secondary so far is George Wilson. McKelvin played that touchdown well. He didn't make the play despite being in a position to do so and deserves some blame, but not what he is receiving. Wilson looks soft on the run and nearly useless against the pass. They were isolating him with a fullback converted to wide receiver. Wilson needs to step up his game and earn his defensive captaincy with more reason than for being a great guy.

Look out for more Bryan Scott if this continues and Da'Norris Searcy to see some time as well.

Our secondary being so bad is one of the worst indictments of the Dick Jauron / Marv Levy era. You would think the best unit on the team would be the DBs given the resources they spent on it. Instead our secondary might be the weak spot

Oh the irony. :doh:

It's so disappointing McGee suffered yet another injury, because I would really have liked to see him matching up with Welker in the slot.

He doesnt use his hands well. He needs to understand good coverage doesn't mean just being near the WR. Doesn't bump WRs when playing close to line, doesn't wrestle with them down the route when the refs will let you and doesn't even attempt to deflect passes.

+1

Which is weird, being a CB. He seems to GET to the play many times, just doesn't know to do when he gets there.

I wonder what Levy/Jauron saw in him? Maybe the same things they saw in what's his name? Oh Maybin.

+1

Which is weird, being a CB. He seems to GET to the play many times, just doesn't know to do when he gets there.

I wonder what Levy/Jauron saw in him? Maybe the same things they saw in what's his name? Oh Maybin.

Stop. He was a stud cb in college & a high 1st rounder in every mock. He completely shut down Calvin Johnson when they matched up in college. He has a skill set that is as good as any corner inthe NFL

Kelly, are you satisfied with 4 picks from this guy in 3+ years? For some perspective, Antoine Winfield, never known as a ball-hawk, had five in his first three years. Winfield could cover with the best of them and play the run, though. I'm not seeing that from Leodis.

No, I'm not at all. I think he needs to get way better and he is lousy at making plays on the ball. What I said was, yesterday he had pretty good coverage all game and was usually right on his man. If you had Campbell try those two bombs to Moore ten different times with that same coverage they would probably only complete one in ten, because it was a sick throw and sick catch. Another time Wilcox blamed McKelvin for a TD not only wasn't it his man but he was picked by the WR. If you really want to blame a guy for giving cushions and not being on his man yesterday, Florence is your man. he was off by 3-5 yards the whole game for the most part.

McKelvin needs to get better. He played well against KC. He was on his man all day yesterday and they made ridiculous catches against him. On the TD I blame Wilson far more. Sure he needs to make more plays though, and no, I am not happy with him. he should be much better.

I think Winfield was the second or third best CB the Bills have ever had. There is no comparison between McLuvin, obviously. Winfield was a stud, and pretty much still is, at least up until last year (I havent seen him play yet this year).

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

I have been impressed with this kid. Little Mic is always near the ball, the play, the action! From a fans perspective, he is always so close to making a play, but just comes up a bit short. Maybe a little bad luck, but I'm okay with letting him battle though this learning curve. Dude is still sooooo young, lets get behind him and build him up a bit?