Drew Bledsoe Comments on Buffalo

Nix Buddy

There was, is not now, and never will be, an excuse for that game. Pittsburgh was completely rolling over and the should-have-been-playoff-hungry Bills lost to a bunch of guys chasing roster spots on other teams for the next season. You are absolutely right on.

And the worst part was the patented pat pat pat stand in the pocket sack fumble TD that iced the game for the Stillers.....

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was, is not now, and never will be, an excuse for that game. Pittsburgh was completely rolling over and the should-have-been-playoff-hungry Bills lost to a bunch of guys chasing roster spots on other teams for the next season. You are absolutely right on.

And if we had one we would have been in the playoffs!!!!!!!!

Damn you Bledsoe for showing the steelers how good James Harrison is!!!!

Well, he gave us hope coming off our dismal end-of-the-Rob-Johnson era 2001 season. I was at the opener against the Jets in his debut. Last play TD to Moulds to force OT. If Jets didn't burn us with a run-back TD in first play of OT we would have ended up 9-7 tied with Miami and New England.

Anyway, two games into the '03 campaign we were flying high. Big wins over Pats and Jags; what an offense!

Then came the 3rd week, Sunday night game on national TV. I recall being pumped as ever, only to see Miami make Bledslow look as if he wearing cement spikes. They figured him out, and so did the rest of the league. He went down faster and more often then a Kardashian sister at the NBA all-star weekend.

Given that fans in Buffalo gave him ample support, hoping he'd revive his game, as did management for that matter; his decision to blast B-lo is lame and classless.

Well, he gave us hope coming off our dismal end-of-the-Rob-Johnson era 2001 season. I was at the opener against the Jets in his debut. Last play TD to Moulds to force OT. If Jets didn't burn us with a run-back TD in first play of OT we would have ended up 9-7 tied with Miami and New England.

Anyway, two games into the '03 campaign we were flying high. Big wins over Pats and Jags; what an offense!

Then came the 3rd week, Sunday night game on national TV. I recall being pumped as ever, only to see Miami make Bledslow look as if he wearing cement spikes. They figured him out, and so did the rest of the league.

He went down faster and more often then a Kardashian sister at the NBA all-star weekend.

Given that fans in Buffalo gave him ample support, hoping he'd revive his game, as did management for that matter; his decision to blast B-lo is lame and classless.

Great post… and strong finish.

Do athletes not realize there's no such thing as local telecasts anymore? You can't just say whatever the !@#$ you want and not have it come back to haunt you.

!@#$ you, Bledsoe. You were never anything more than a taller version of Vinny Testeverde. I'm not sure there's a more overrated player in NFL history.

Tony Romo is far more overrated than Bledsoe ever thought about being.

And if we had one we would have been in the playoffs!!!!!!!!

Damn you Bledsoe for showing the steelers how good James Harrison is!!!!

What could he possibly have against Buffalo? He was paid pretty well and the weather conditions are similar to New England? Sure the team was mediocre when he was here BUT I think they did a good job of attempting to spend money on the team while he was here. The team gave Bledsoe a chance and a second lease on his NFL career, yeah if they weren't the best team when he was here but they allowed him to continue to start in the NFL.

Tony Romo is far more overrated than Bledsoe ever thought about being.

Uh....no.

Uh...yes. If Romo were the QB in Seattle or Jacksonville, we wouldn't hear a thing about him. He's successful (reputation-wise) because he plays in Dallas and not vice-versa. F, Clint Stoerner was a household name for a few weeks just because of the cowgirls.

EDIT: Oh, and let's not forget Quincy Carter, either.

Edited by Offsides Number 76

Do athletes not realize there's no such thing as local telecasts anymore? You can't just say whatever the !@#$ you want and not have it come back to haunt you.

!@#$ you, Bledsoe. You were never anything more than a taller version of Vinny Testeverde. I'm not sure there's a more overrated player in NFL history.

I would really like to hear what Bledsoe said, from his own mouth...not a second hand account from a thin skinned Bills fan...haven't we seen comments like these stretched to mean what we want to hear, you know, "we've been disrepected", because that is part of Bills fandom, feeling disrespected.

Edited by Buftex

If he was as good in the snow as he claims he was then Buffalo should have made it to the Superbowl under his reign.

Not to mention it wasn't snowing & raining for 7 games in 2003, which was the # of games we failed to score a single offensive TD that year.

Uh...yes. If Romo were the QB in Seattle or Jacksonville, we wouldn't hear a thing about him. He's successful (reputation-wise) because he plays in Dallas and not vice-versa.

Uh...no. What have you been listening to - a local Dallas show hosted by Romo's mom? Unless there's a radio or tv show on espn I'm not aware of, he's the opposite of successful "reputation-wise". And if he played for Seattle or Jacksonville nobody would relentlessly bash him for playing one of the best games a QB will play vs the Jets all year.

You're way off base on this one, Mr Rude Guy to the Feebleminded.

I think that Vinny is taller.

I would really like to hear what Bledsoe said, from his own mouth...not a second hand account from a thin skinned Bills fan...haven't we seen comments like these stretched to mean what we want to hear, you know, "we've been disrepected", because that is part of Bills fandom, feeling disrespected.

What he said.

Not to mention it wasn't snowing & raining for 7 games in 2003, which was the # of games we failed to score a single offensive TD that year.

Uh...no. What have you been listening to - a local Dallas show hosted by Romo's mom? Unless there's a radio or tv show on espn I'm not aware of, he's the opposite of successful "reputation-wise". And if he played for Seattle or Jacksonville nobody would relentlessly bash him for playing one of the best games a QB will play vs the Jets all year.

The guy is universally heralded by the media. All. The. Time. And for no reason other than he plays for Dallas. And sure, he played an ok game against the Jets. He plays a lot of ok games--he doesn't play a lot of awesome ones.

Among the Qs who played for teams at or near 6-10 last year, which one do you hear about the most--as a "game-changer," a "star," a "franchise Q"? Do you hear about the Q for Miami? Washington, Cleveland, Tennessee, Detroit, or Minnesota (ok, he left)? San Fran or even Oakland (8-8)? Nope.

You hear about Romo as if he were a top-five Q in the NFL. He's not. Not even close. If you put Fitz in Dallas, he does slightly better than Romo. If you put Romo in Buffalo, he does about as well as Fitz.

Dude is overrated, bigtime.

I am watching Red Sox/Ray's baseball game and Bledsoe is in announcer booth since he is being inducted into Patriots Hall of Fame this weekend. Made comments to this effect:

1. he was exiled to Buffalo and it was awful

2. said it's always snowing there and when it isn't it is raining, windy and miserable

3. playing in these conditions is no fun because a quarterback never looks good

4. he never lost in snow when playing in New England and wished he played in more snow games since he always won

If he was as good in the snow as he claims he was then Buffalo should have made it to the Superbowl under his reign.

I'm not ready to accept this characterization of the interview.

It seems like it could easily be interpreted as him ripping the weather in Buffalo.

The guy is universally heralded by the media. All. The. Time.

I guess that's where we disagree. Well not as much a disagreement as you just being wrong. Nobody thinks or says he's a top 5 QB. He is talked about more than Chad Henne, Jason Campbell, and Alex Smith because he plays for Dalls, sure. And a huge % of that talk is about how terrible he is despite being better than all of them. About the only guy in the media I ever hear defend him is Michael Irvin, who correctly reminded everyone how much the team sucked and couldn't ever sniff the playoffs before he became the QB.

I'm not ready to accept this characterization of the interview.

It seems like it could easily be interpreted as him ripping the weather in Buffalo.

He did whine about the weather and blame bad play on it, but he started off his Buffalo comments with he was exiled to Buffalo and it was awful then went into the weather. His exiled to Buffalo comment had nothing to do with the weather, it was clear he didn't want to go from that statement. Who cares really, just thought it was interesting that Bledsoe would take shots at Buffalo all these years later at a Red Sox game. He also said how much he always liked "Tommy" and he still keeps in touch with "Tommy". The bitterness was seeping out of him.

of course hes bitter. he ultimately failed here and was jettisoned. and this after he was given a heros welcome. it must hurt real bad to be treated initially as so beloved and then tossed aside because of his own inability

theres no amount of rationalization that can excuse losing to what were indeed second and third string players playing a game that had no meaning for them. i was a drew supporter, obviously too much so, until that game. once i watched that with my own eyes it was throw his ass the hell out. theres just no way a hof qb loses that game. hell, there should have been no way a crappy starting nfl qb loses that game. he failed as spectacularly as an alleged franchise qb could fail in that situation

still surprised he would be so openly hostile to bflo. by now you would think he would have grown up over it all. sad

Super Bowl XXXI in New Orleans back in '97 was the only Super-bowl I ever went to. My boss at the time had tickets and hooked us up. We stayed in the same hotel as the Pats, and we would see their workouts every day leading up to the game. I remember seeing Bledsoe as a gangly, malnourished, snarky, insecure, jerk. I KNEW they were gonna get beat by the Pack. I, for one, was VERY diappointed when we picked his sorry butt up. Guy is worthless.

Uh...yes. If Romo were the QB in Seattle or Jacksonville, we wouldn't hear a thing about him. He's successful (reputation-wise) because he plays in Dallas and not vice-versa. F, Clint Stoerner was a household name for a few weeks just because of the cowgirls.

EDIT: Oh, and let's not forget Quincy Carter, either.

Seattle's O-line is the worst O-Line I've ever seen in my life, so no, you wouldn't hear much other than his injuries. That would be said for 98% of the starting QB's in the league today.

If he were in Jacksonville, you'd be hearing plenty, because they'd be in the playoffs...

I'm not saying Romo is without mistake, and I never said he was top 5 in the League (Brady, Rodgers, Manning, Rivers, and Brees are all better for sure) but he's not that far away, either. When you look at the second tier QB's after the 5 listed above, he's right there with the rest of them.

Let me put this another way to keep it in context with what I was replying to in the first place;

Romo has done more in Dallas with a worse O-line than Bledsoe could do with an average to above average O-line during his stint, and arguably a better Defense as well.

Edited by billsrcursed