Jacoby Ford

BeastMode54

You won't be dictating what and won't you will do. We will decide that.

You barely beat a pitiful bronco team and now you want to talk about how imposing you are.

Put your black face paint and stockings on and get ready for 1-1

Cool... I'm glad we won't be dictating "what and won't you will do"...

It's cool though, that's why they play the game.

Good luck

There seems to be some confusion about Sunday's win that the Raiders fans did not watch, so I thought I would post some quick details about the #1 rushing team from last year. They did not run the ball in the 3rd quarter, and the 4th quarter was garbage time. Here are all of the runs in the first half as well as passes to running backs:

1-10-KC 28 (11:37) 25-J.Charles left end pushed ob at KC 32 for 4 yards (31-J.Byrd).

2-10-KC 20 (8:08) 25-J.Charles up the middle to KC 23 for 3 yards (50-N.Barnett).

3-7-KC 23 (7:40) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short left to 25-J.Charles to KC 17 for -6 yards (31-J.Byrd).

1-10-KC 14 (6:09) 25-J.Charles left tackle to KC 18 for 4 yards (56-S.Merriman).

1-10-KC 20 (:55) 25-J.Charles left end pushed ob at KC 42 for 22 yards (43-B.Scott).

1-10-KC 42 (:26) (Shotgun) 25-J.Charles up the middle to KC 42 for no gain (90-C.Kelsay).

2-10-KC 42 (15:00) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short right to 22-D.McCluster to KC 48 for 6 yards (50-N.Barnett).

1-10-BUF 37 (13:51) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 20-T.Jones up the middle to BUF 36 for 1 yard (99-M.Dareus).

1-10-BUF 21 (12:53) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 25-J.Charles right guard to BUF 19 for 2 yards (37-G.Wilson).

1-10-KC 18 (6:37) 25-J.Charles right end to KC 21 for 3 yards (37-G.Wilson). FUMBLES (37-G.Wilson), RECOVERED by BUF-21-L.McKelvin at KC 21

2-10-KC 19 (5:28) (Shotgun) 22-D.McCluster up the middle to KC 21 for 2 yards (99-M.Dareus).

3-8-KC 21 (4:58) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short left to 25-J.Charles to KC 30 for 9 yards (23-A.Williams).

1-10-KC 30 (4:27) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short middle to 25-J.Charles to KC 31 for 1 yard (43-B.Scott).

2-9-KC 31 (3:56) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 22-D.McCluster left tackle ran ob at BUF 46 for 23 yards (29-D.Florence).

1-10-BUF 46 (3:28) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 20-T.Jones up the middle to BUF 44 for 2 yards (37-G.Wilson).

2-8-BUF 44 (2:55) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 25-J.Charles up the middle to BUF 30 for 14 yards (31-J.Byrd).

They had three big runs (22,23, and 14 yards), and on the rest of their runs they did not get more than 4 yards.

So their running game was: 4,3,4,22,0,1,1,3(Fumble),2,23,2,14. Not a perfect day by the Bills, but pretty impressive overall. Their passing game added 4 catches for 10 total yards. I would like to have those bigger runs back, but clearly KC had major problems running on the Bills until they gave up and were playing from behind.

By comparison against the Broncos the Raiders had first half runs of 9,4,5,2,20,11,4,0,-3,0,2,6,3,20,0, so not all that different (4 big, a couple middle, and the rest short) against a weaker Broncos team. So there are our apples to apples details of what each team did in the first half last week. Doesn't have much to do with Sunday's game, but hopefully it clarifies the understanding of what the Chiefs were able to do against our defense.

I still opine that it was circumstance. It wasn't like they abandoned the run because they COULDN'T run.. they were having fairly moderate success doing it. They were just in a situation where they had to pass.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be some confusion about Sunday's win that the Raiders fans did not watch, so I thought I would post some quick details about the #1 rushing team from last year. They did not run the ball in the 3rd quarter, and the 4th quarter was garbage time. Here are all of the runs in the first half as well as passes to running backs:

1-10-KC 28 (11:37) 25-J.Charles left end pushed ob at KC 32 for 4 yards (31-J.Byrd).

2-10-KC 20 (8:08) 25-J.Charles up the middle to KC 23 for 3 yards (50-N.Barnett).

3-7-KC 23 (7:40) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short left to 25-J.Charles to KC 17 for -6 yards (31-J.Byrd).

1-10-KC 14 (6:09) 25-J.Charles left tackle to KC 18 for 4 yards (56-S.Merriman).

1-10-KC 20 (:55) 25-J.Charles left end pushed ob at KC 42 for 22 yards (43-B.Scott).

1-10-KC 42 (:26) (Shotgun) 25-J.Charles up the middle to KC 42 for no gain (90-C.Kelsay).

2-10-KC 42 (15:00) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short right to 22-D.McCluster to KC 48 for 6 yards (50-N.Barnett).

1-10-BUF 37 (13:51) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 20-T.Jones up the middle to BUF 36 for 1 yard (99-M.Dareus).

1-10-BUF 21 (12:53) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 25-J.Charles right guard to BUF 19 for 2 yards (37-G.Wilson).

1-10-KC 18 (6:37) 25-J.Charles right end to KC 21 for 3 yards (37-G.Wilson). FUMBLES (37-G.Wilson), RECOVERED by BUF-21-L.McKelvin at KC 21

2-10-KC 19 (5:28) (Shotgun) 22-D.McCluster up the middle to KC 21 for 2 yards (99-M.Dareus).

3-8-KC 21 (4:58) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short left to 25-J.Charles to KC 30 for 9 yards (23-A.Williams).

1-10-KC 30 (4:27) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short middle to 25-J.Charles to KC 31 for 1 yard (43-B.Scott).

2-9-KC 31 (3:56) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 22-D.McCluster left tackle ran ob at BUF 46 for 23 yards (29-D.Florence).

1-10-BUF 46 (3:28) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 20-T.Jones up the middle to BUF 44 for 2 yards (37-G.Wilson).

2-8-BUF 44 (2:55) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 25-J.Charles up the middle to BUF 30 for 14 yards (31-J.Byrd).

They had three big runs (22,23, and 14 yards), and on the rest of their runs they did not get more than 4 yards.

So their running game was: 4,3,4,22,0,1,1,3(Fumble),2,23,2,14. Not a perfect day by the Bills, but pretty impressive overall. Their passing game added 4 catches for 10 total yards. I would like to have those bigger runs back, but clearly KC had major problems running on the Bills until they gave up and were playing from behind.

By comparison against the Broncos the Raiders had first half runs of 9,4,5,2,20,11,4,0,-3,0,2,6,3,20,0, so not all that different (4 big, a couple middle, and the rest short) against a weaker Broncos team. So there are our apples to apples details of what each team did in the first half last week. Doesn't have much to do with Sunday's game, but hopefully it clarifies the understanding of what the Chiefs were able to do against our defense.

And please don't forget. WE WERE ON THE FREAKING ROAD.

The Raiders swept the AFC West and won just 2 more games outside of that, against the Seahawks and Cards, both of which were teams with losing records. They lost all 4 games to East Coast teams, including the Titans, Jags, and Dols, who weren't good teams either. And those games weren't a 2nd consecutive road game after a short week.

The Raiders swept the AFC West and won just 2 more games outside of that, against the Seahawks and Cards, both of which were teams with losing records.

And the Bills had 4 wins.....

They lost all 4 games to East Coast teams, including the Titans, Jags, and Dols, who weren't good teams either. And those games weren't a 2nd consecutive road game after a short week.

So not only on this post did you 1) Point out that Raiders lost to East Coast teams... you unwittingly likened the Bills to these bad teams lol..

2) added the extra consecutive road game and short week...

somebody stated I was just making excuses...it's good to see that somebody recognizes these factors. I mean, these West Coast teams have only been griping about it to the NFL forever.. and yet the NFL still keeps scheduling 1pm EC games for the WC teams.

There are some pretty rational fans on this board. A bunch of homers too, but that's cool. But when you boil it down it really comes down to two things.

1 - The Raiders were a better team than the Bills last year, HANDS DOWN.

2 - Many Bills are rooting there basis for the Bills being better than the Raiders this year off of one game..

As I maintained... I think the Raiders are a more talented team. But, Bills will be very tough at home and every other variable makes this a very difficult game for the Raiders to win. I think the Bills will edge it out.

But can the Raiders win? Absolutely.

Edited by Bump

And the Bills had 4 wins.....

So not only on this post did you 1) Point out that Raiders lost to East Coast teams... you unwittingly likened the Bills to these bad teams lol..

2) added the extra consecutive road game and short week...

somebody stated I was just making excuses...it's good to see that somebody recognizes these factors. I mean, these West Coast teams have only been griping about it to the NFL forever.. and yet the NFL still keeps scheduling 1pm EC games for the WC teams.

There are some pretty rational fans on this board. A bunch of homers too, but that's cool. But when you boil it down it really comes down to two things.

1 - The Raiders were a better team than the Bills last year, HANDS DOWN.

2 - Many Bills are rooting there basis for the Bills being better than the Raiders this year off of one game..

As I maintained... I think the Raiders are a more talented team. But, Bills will be very tough at home and every other variable makes this a very difficult game for the Raiders to win. I think the Bills will edge it out.

But can the Raiders win? Absolutely.

I didn't unwittingly liken the Bills to these bad teams: I said the Raiders couldn't even beat bad teams on the East Coast last year. The Bills were a bad team last year. Last year.

I agree that you have a beef with EC games being scheduled at 1 PM. But it is what it is and it's a factor that works against the Raiders.

And you're saying the Raiders are better because they went 8-8 last year while the Bills went 4-12. Well 6 of those wins were in the division and 2 were outside of it to bad teams. Let me ask you: if the Raiders played in the AFC East instead of the AFC West last year, how many wins do you think they would have had in the division? At best I see 1, against the Dols in Oakland, seeing as how they lost to Miami in Miami and the Jets and Patriots were/are superior. The Bills went 1-5 in the division last year. They won 2 games outside of the division, meaning they'd have been 3-13. And in the interim, the Raiders lost their best player on defense and their top receiver, not to mention they will be without their top receivers for this game (Boss is still gimpy and has barely played with the Raiders). Your team also lacks discipline. As evidenced by that week 1 game, which BTW, you are pretty pumped about, no?

I didn't unwittingly liken the Bills to these bad teams: I said the Raiders couldn't even beat bad teams on the East Coast last year. The Bills were a bad team last year. Last year.

I agree that you have a beef with EC games being scheduled at 1 PM. But it is what it is and it's a factor that works against the Raiders.

And you're saying the Raiders are better because they went 8-8 last year while the Bills went 4-12. Well 6 of those wins were in the division and 2 were outside of it to bad teams. Let me ask you: if the Raiders played in the AFC East instead of the AFC West last year, how many wins do you think they would have had in the division? At best I see 1, against the Dols in Oakland, seeing as how they lost to Miami in Miami and the Jets and Patriots were/are superior. The Bills went 1-5 in the division last year. They won 2 games outside of the division, meaning they'd have been 3-13. And in the interim, the Raiders lost their best player on defense and their top receiver, not to mention they will be without their top receivers for this game (Boss is still gimpy and has barely played with the Raiders). Your team also lacks discipline. As evidenced by that week 1 game, which BTW, you are pretty pumped about, no?

I'm pretty pumped about Game 1 yea because our D was slappin people around...If the O can sustain drives, the sky is the limit.

I disagree that we lost our best player on D... We still have Richard Seymour. Nnamdi, and trust me, this is not out of bitterness....was pretty overrated. Look no further than last week when he was burned by Brandon Gibson deep, twice.

Not really worried about the injuries to the WR's... The way I see it is opportunity needs to be filled. Somebody capable will step up. I am all for a pleasant surprise, it makes games that more interesting.

Here is a pretty interesting stat....figured I'd get some Bills fans take on it..

Buffalo's starting field position on scoring drives:

K.C. 26 yd line--TD

Buf 25 yd line-- TD

Buf 39 yd line--FG

K.C. 21 yd line--FG

Buf 41 yd line--TD

K.C. 32 yd line--TD

K.C. 28 yd line--TD

one drive over 60 yards.....

Average field they had to play to score - 43 yds.

No wonder they scored 41 pts.

I'm pretty pumped about Game 1 yea because our D was slappin people around...If the O can sustain drives, the sky is the limit.

I disagree that we lost our best player on D... We still have Richard Seymour. Nnamdi, and trust me, this is not out of bitterness....was pretty overrated. Look no further than last week when he was burned by Brandon Gibson deep, twice.

Not really worried about the injuries to the WR's... The way I see it is opportunity needs to be filled. Somebody capable will step up. I am all for a pleasant surprise, it makes games that more interesting.

Here is a pretty interesting stat....figured I'd get some Bills fans take on it..

K.C. 26 yd line--TD

Buf 25 yd line-- TD

Buf 39 yd line--FG

K.C. 21 yd line--FG

Buf 41 yd line--TD

K.C. 32 yd line--TD

K.C. 28 yd line--TD

How did they get that favorable field position?

How did they get that favorable field position?

Rian Lindell kicks off to the KC0. Dexter McCluster return for 26 yards to KC25. Tackled by Chris White. FUMBLE, recovered by Buf

Dustin Colquitt punts for 27 yards to KC44. No return.

Dustin Colquitt punts for 34 yards to Buf41. No return.

Dustin Colquitt punts for 36 yards to Buf40.

Say some pretty careless ball protection and awful special teams had at least something to do with it......

no?

Rian Lindell kicks off to the KC0. Dexter McCluster return for 26 yards to KC25. Tackled by Chris White. FUMBLE, recovered by Buf

Dustin Colquitt punts for 27 yards to KC44. No return.

Dustin Colquitt punts for 34 yards to Buf41. No return.

Dustin Colquitt punts for 36 yards to Buf40.

Say some pretty careless ball protection and awful special teams had at least something to do with it......

no?

Sure, but someone had to hit McCluster....causing the fumble. Someone had to recover the fumble.

The D had to stop them to make them punt no?

The Bills still had to score the points.

Sounds like a team making plays to me.

The old Buffalo Bills would have had 21 points. 7 Field goals.

Sure, but someone had to hit McCluster....causing the fumble. Someone had to recover the fumble.

The D had to stop them to make them punt no?

The Bills still had to score the points.

Sounds like a team making plays to me.

The old Buffalo Bills would have had 21 points. 7 Field goals.

Fair enough.

on the flipside... the game the Raiders won on Monday night is a game they would have packed in a year and a half ago..

K.C. 26 yd line--TD

Buf 25 yd line-- TD

Buf 39 yd line--FG

K.C. 21 yd line--FG

Buf 41 yd line--TD

K.C. 32 yd line--TD

K.C. 28 yd line--TD

You'd be in the vast minority calling NA overrated. Even with Gibson's 1 long catch. And at worst, he's a top-3 DB.

Want the scoring summary for the the Raiders? Two TD's on 42 and a 65 yard drives, and 3 FG's on a 4, 51, and 31 yard drives. Your point?

You'd be in the vast minority calling NA overrated. Even with Gibson's 1 long catch. And at worst, he's a top-3 DB.

Gibson had one long pass and drew a bad PI on Nnamdi deep... I'm in the minority but what does that mean?

Want the scoring summary for the the Raiders? Two TD's on 42 and a 65 yard drives, and 3 FG's on a 4, 51, and 31 yard drives. Your point?

5 sacks, an INT, 2 forced recovered fumbles......Raiders

Net yards rushing allowed? 38 on 13 carries 2.9 YPC

THAT is TRULY stuffing the run.

Edit: well actually one wasnt forced lol... Orton just dropped it

Edited by Bump

Ok, so more than half your drives lasted 4 plays or less. 10 of your points came from starting inside the Denver 42. I have loads of respect for the Raider running game. What part of scoring 13 points on long(?) makes this team an offensive juggernaut?

We're not that different with regard to potential but I just like our balance. It's all about matchups. Last year, your team would have been our worst nightmare physically. There was an interesting article in the local papers that showed both our lines are actually bigger than the Raider lines. Perception is a funny thing. And I guess we'll find out how things have changed on Sunday.

START QTR POSS. YARD PLAYS YARDS RESULT

10:59 1 00:00 OAK 10 1 0 Fumble Recovery (Opponent)

09:55 1 03:55 OAK 20 6 15 Punt

03:02 1 04:34 DEN 42 8 42 Touchdown

13:23 2 02:09 DEN 23 4 4 Field Goal

08:05 2 01:23 OAK 2 3 6 Punt

04:12 2 02:45 OAK 46 11 51 Field Goal

00:24 2 00:24 OAK 24 3 31 Field Goal

00:00 2 00:00 DEN 0 1 0 End of Half

15:00 3 02:29 OAK 20 4 13 Punt

12:31 3 05:29 OAK 20 8 26 Punt

01:55 3 01:30 OAK 20 3 -2 Punt

14:11 4 01:38 OAK 35 3 65 Touchdown

09:17 4 01:29 OAK 20 3 3 Punt

03:43 4 03:43 OAK 20 8 28 End of Game

Gibson had one long pass and drew a bad PI on Nnamdi deep... I'm in the minority but what does that mean?

In a 31-13 blowout where NA blanketed his man the rest of the time? Nothing. Even the best players have a few bad plays in games.

5 sacks, an INT, 2 forced recovered fumbles......Raiders

Net yards rushing allowed? 38 on 13 carries 2.9 YPC

THAT is TRULY stuffing the run.

Edit: well actually one wasnt forced lol... Orton just dropped it

Again, the Broncos were the 2nd worst team in the league last year, were bad on both sides of the ball, and did little to improve themselves. Instead of drafting a DL like Dareus to help stop the run, they went with Miller. And on offense, they were a poor rushing team with a poor OL (40 sacks surrendered), and their idea of fixing it was having a 2nd round rookie start at RT.