Prediction thread; Raiders @ Buffalo

Both of the Raiders' lines are big and nasty and we'll learn more about our lines from this contest than we did from the Chiefs. This is the trend of the NFL - bigger bodies. It will be interesting to watch the matchup against Seymore and Bell/Levitre. That guy has not lost a single thing - he was released because he's a 5 technique and the Pats play a 43 now. He looked like his prime self the other night.

He wasn't released, he was traded for a 1st round pick, and the Pats were still playing the 34 at the time.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Oakland is better than KC and will present a more difficult test for the run defense. Not too concerned with their passing game though. I think this one comes down to the OL; if they play well Bills could win by double digits again, if not it could be a struggle.

Bills 27 Raiders 24.

Have you guys seen the Raiders injury report today?

Before more predictions are put forth i suggest you all keep an eye towards that.

Sounds like no Moats still for us and maybe no Troup. But we are the healthier bunch at the moment it appears!

Steve Johnson and put it on the fitz destroy Stanford Routt for 2TD's before they double up on him. Opening up the door for D.Nelson to get his 1st Td of the season. Freddy J rush for 89yards and a TD, B.Smith will run our 1st kickoff back 92 yards. And R. Lindell hit 2field goals to win the game. Another 41 points for us and 17 for the Raiders, we finally get our just do on Mon mornin'..

I think it will be 24-17 Buffalo. Oakland has a pretty good run game. I think McFadden breaks a huge run for a touchdown. But I think we beat them in the air. Fitz puts up 2 or 3 TDs in the air and Jackson finds the endzone this week. Wouldnt be a Bills game with out a FG or 2.

Edited by billsfaninvgs

Bills 24 Raiders 16

This seems about right.

The Raiders mediocre passing "attack" is further depleted by injuries to Ford and possibly DHB. Boss may or may not be at peak effectiveness. Even without injuries, the Oakland passing game is mediocre.

On the other side, the Raiders have nice cover men but are missing Michael Huff and their remaining safeties have mediocre range. Fitz will be able to do damage in the passing game exploiting the slowness of the Raiders safeties.

Our superiority in the passing game on both sides will be the difference.

To our visiting friends Bump and RaiderJoe, I'm gonna predict that the Raiders rush for 126 yards.

I think this is a very tough game for the Raiders.. And I still think we lose by a slight margin. I don't really liken myself to trolling rival boards (except the AFC WEST ones). I contest a few viewpoints because I just think it's unfathomable how someone can think this would be a cakewalk.

But I look forward to a great game.

I think this is a very tough game for the Raiders.. And I still think we lose by a slight margin. I don't really liken myself to trolling rival boards (except the AFC WEST ones). I contest a few viewpoints because I just think it's unfathomable how someone can think this would be a cakewalk.

But I look forward to a great game.

Ditto.

And it's great that you guys came over to talk football.

And while I want you guys to lose this week, I'll be rooting for you guys to impose "the greatnesss" on the Cheatriots*, the Nyets, and the Mammalian Blowholes.

I really think Hue is a good hire and that the Raiders are one of those teams on the upswing.

Yeah, I've always thought football is better when the Steelers, Packers & Raiders are relevant. I can't root for any of those 3 when we play 'em but I do when we don't. I really think that with all of the injuries to Oakland, plus the short week AND the jet lag from going East....Buffalo wins this one.

Edited by r00tabaga