Any word on Merriman?

dave mcbride

The key to Merriman's game is how he creates leverage with his hands. It was painfully obvious that he couldn't do that after getting injured. I was surprised KC didn't try running right at him to test him.

GO BILLS!!!

I can't help but thinking the impact Moats would have had if he had started in Merrimans spot. I think he is going to find his way back into a pass rushing role and make an impact for us.

Even if it's not Moats, and they plug in Batten or Carrington in Merriman's place, I'd rather see what one of these young guys could do in their second year. Guess I'm not sold on Merriman as a permanent piece of the team yet, despite his amazing preseason play.

WHAT?????? That's absolutely insane... Darrelle Revis had ZERO inetrceptions last year and he was bored being thrown away from all the time, so I guess he should have been replaced by a younger guy?

Opposing offenses are a lot smarter than you think...

Edited by BmoreBills

When he came backed taped up around his shoulder, he looked off. Maybe it was just a play or two. We'll see in coming weeks.

While I hope Merriman can return to form as much as any Bills fans can, he looked very average yesterday overall.

In his few preseason snaps, he was able to bull rush, but didn't display the quickness he once had. Not by a long shot. Yet, here's to hoping that playing time and staying healthy will allow him to open it up and be a big contributor this year.

He says he's OK - someone fell on it during a tackle.

Speaking of which, I do disagree with the pundits who say "not a factor". True, he didn't rack up any flashy plays - no sacks, only one tackle.

But every play I saw he was taking up bodies, sometimes 2 or 3 bodies, to the point where Edwards and Kelsey were able to have the most active day.

So give it time - when other teams figure out that they can't just account for "lights out" or the rest of the Bills will romp around the backfield, if he can stay healthy, he'll have his day.

I also thought Batten looked right at home out there.

I saw the same thing, he was double covered consistently and that's a big part of his job. If everybody is good up front it becomes impossible for O lines to double cover everyone so I'd say we are on are way. GO BILLS!!!

I could be wrong, but it didn't look like he was hair on fire going after the qb much yesterday. He just seemed like he was focusing on setting the edge on most snaps.

I saw the same. He seemed to be doing it effectively, but it sure was a drastic departure from the hell bent pass rushing show full of hand fighting and swim moves that he was putting on during the pre-season.