Ravens sign Gurode

bills44

We need a G and wood can play G and we could have signed him to play C.

I find it interesting that the veteran OL players (we desperately need) that we should look at keep signing with top teams looking to win now. Further proof that our priority is not to win now and that they don't believe we can compete enough now to sign those guys and prefer to keep looking towards the draft to fill those holes.

Further proof that our priority is not to win now and that they don't believe we can compete enough now to sign those guys and prefer to keep looking towards the draft to fill those holes.

Have they given indication otherwise? Everything has pointed to an actual rebuild. I know there's a lot of posters who disagree and believe the Bills are only a few castoff veteran's away from making a run, but most of us think otherwise.

The Bills are a few veterans away from competence, not being competitive. It's just as important to have a veteran presence, and to build on winning some games, as it is to field a bunch of young players and hoping that they get better by struggling and being overmatched.

Throwing players who aren't ready for big minutes is just as detrimental, if not more so, than letting them learn in practice and from watching how successful players conduct themselves, and letting them play limited snaps to get experience.

We need a G and wood can play G and we could have signed him to play C.

I find it interesting that the veteran OL players (we desperately need) that we should look at keep signing with top teams looking to win now. Further proof that our priority is not to win now and that they don't believe we can compete enough now to sign those guys and prefer to keep looking towards the draft to fill those holes.

C'mon man.....don't you think its also the priority of these players to want to win now.

These guys are 30+, and have already made their money....these guys are only still playing because they want a chance to win a Super Bowl, and they will go to a team that gives them that chance.

Honestly, if you were in their situation, what would you do??