Not holding my breath, NGU

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay ... now you're just being an aszhole. And a coward. If you do work for the Bills (and it's clear that you do) I have lost total respect for how that front office does business. If there was any left in the first place.

First you call out a man for doing his job and claim his report is inaccurate. Now you admit you never even read the report in the first place -- or at the very least failed to understand the language in which it was written.

You're a joke. You get inside info and you post it on here to feel better about yourself and then you slander someone who makes their living at this without offering a shred of proof or even your name. You needlessly throw a man under the bus while hiding behind shield of wanna-be-tough-guy cowards everywhere: anonymous internet posting. This isn't like flaming a bad poster. This is calling out someone's profession.

And you choose the most cowardly, back handed way to go about this.

Eff off.

Okay ... now you're just being an aszhole. And a coward. If you do work for the Bills (and it's clear that you do) I have lost total respect for how that front office does business. If there was any left in the first place.

First you call out a man for doing his job and claim his report is inaccurate. Now you admit you never even read the report in the first place -- or at the very least failed to understand the language in which it was written.

You're a joke. You get inside info and you post it on here to feel better about yourself and then you slander someone who makes their living at this without offering a shred of proof or even your name. You needlessly throw a man under the bus while hiding behind shield of wanna-be-tough-guy cowards everywhere: anonymous internet posting. This isn't like flaming a bad poster. This is calling out someone's profession.

Eff off.

Or I could just be right. No reason to think that.

What is Mr. Wilsons health status? There was a video back in the spring from OBD that appeared he was using a walker based on the position of his arms. (My primary job is working at health care facilities and hospitals so I recognized the stance.) Does he have a full time health care provider?

I know... I was just too eager to actually get an opportunity to talk to someone with potentially real insight and intimate knowledge of what is going on, on the inside, with this team - because, as a fan, I've been getting to the point, with this team, of just not following them anymore, simply because it offends me that an owner who takes in so much money not only gives back so little, in the form of the quality of the team, players and coaches, but that he might actually see the whole enterprise as if he were taking advantage of a bunch of suckers. I just don't like equating being a Bills fan with being a sucker. I mean, I can support and root for a team that is an underdog, and even one that is and underdog because it's made some mistakes - but not if it is an underdog because the team isn't trying to really compete - by virtue of the ownership.

And, if that is the case - the NFL shouldn't allow teams that refuse to take every monetary opportunity to put together a competitve team. I mean, as Schoup and the Bulldog were saying the other day - owning an NFL virtually guarantees a profit. But, the support, the very foundation of that income is the fanbase, and it isn't fair to take advantage of that base, and so, I was trying to ask, in a roundabout way, if Wilson had stopped trying to win, or if he was just so out of touch that he thought he could do so with half the expense and effort of other, successful teams.

You're making some pretty big jumps there.

You really should follow the context. I was asking questions about what NGU wrote. I wasn't "making big jumps" at all. NGU wrote that Overdorf does nothing, has no authority, and even has no input.

What's hard to understand about this:

1. Evans isn't making a big difference on this team right now. He's getting older, he's got a big contract, and his one major skill set doesn't really jive with the system. He doesn't NEED to go, but there's just no point in having him here for the money.

:lol: Hate to break it to you but I was one of the people that saw the writing on the wall over a year ago. People beat me up about it then and said he was untradable. Well, they were wrong.

2. Ralph or Nix/Gailey make the decision that he should be traded. Get something for him now, let the young guys get more time, and let him use his experience and speed on a team that wants it. Everyone gets what they want.

3. Overdorf is put in charge of the trade details. That's what he does as the money man, negotiate trades and contracts.

Am I the only one that not only figured this was how it would work but also thought this is exactly what the JW article meant? Maybe this isn't at all what happens, but it certainly fits into the JW article and what NGU says. Unless JW wants to clarify his article, why is this in argument?

You haven't a clue what I actually think about how the situation went down. But, I don't drink the Kool-Aid, don't buy the mouthpiece talk, and do enjoy playing Devil's advocate on occasion.

Or I could just be right. No reason to think that.

If you're right then essentially Buddy said to Chan:

What do you think, would you rather have Lee Evans or Buster Davis and a 4th round pick?

Chan picked Davis and the 4th and Buddy called Overdorf to let him know.

Is that about right?

well, actually, two but who's counting as you still can't spell my name right.

i really hate to break it to you, but i've never claimed to be a know-all and be-all.

the only question i have left is why would you come out write what you did in regards to me. it was so blatantly off the wall and provoke-driven that it's really put both of us in a bad light. and yet you persist with these ham-handed comments in regards to me and my colleagues.

it makes me wonder if you have any inside information at all, or whether someone has cracked your password in accessing this board.

you come off sounding more like that Jets fan "seeking a trader," than someone who built a very good reputation on this board, only to throw it away with these handgrenade rants about me and everyone else not knowing anything.

it's really sad.

jw

If you didn't say Overdorf was behind the Evans trade then we have nothing to argue about and I apologize.

Regarding the rants, it was one time. I typically stick to legitimate inside information for the people on the board. I should not have directed this at you, however I do stick to my assertion that the media that follows the team has no real inside information. Not sure why people would think otherwise or why you would care.

You really should follow the context. I was asking questions about what NGU wrote. I wasn't "making big jumps" at all. NGU wrote that Overdorf does nothing, has no authority, and even has no input.

:lol: Hate to break it to you but I was one of the people that saw the writing on the wall over a year ago. People beat me up about it then and said he was untradable. Well, they were wrong.

You haven't a clue what I actually think about how the situation went down. But, I don't drink the Kool-Aid, don't buy the mouthpiece talk, and do enjoy playing Devil's advocate on occasion.

I didn't get that at all in regards to overdorf. I read essentially that he isn't the decision maker, but instead a guy that focuses on execution. Given parameters, his job is to excecute decisions that come from above his paygrade. Though don't doubt he is very much involved in the talks.

If you didn't say Overdorf was behind the Evans trade then we have nothing to argue about and I apologize.

Regarding the rants, it was one time. I typically stick to legitimate inside information for the people on the board. I should not have directed this at you, however I do stick to my assertion that the media that follows the team has no real inside information. Not sure why people would think otherwise or why you would care.

Can we forget who was "behind" the trade and ask how the discussion of it was initiated?

and there you go again.

an apology is not an apology when you come back with this same baloney schtick of pure unadulterated nonesense.

you can stick your assertions where ever you might want, but i wash my hands of this now as i have lost all respect in how you have handled yourself through much of this. sorry for giving you the forum to expose yourself as someone delusional enough to believe that you -- and no one else -- are the one and only source of anything of merit.

(shakes his head, signs his name)

jw

and there you go again.

an apology is not an apology when you come back with this same baloney schtick of pure unadulterated nonesense.

you can stick your assertions where ever you might want, but i wash my hands of this now as i have lost all respect in how you have handled yourself through much of this. sorry for giving you the forum to expose yourself as someone delusional enough to believe that you -- and no one else -- are the one and only source of anything of merit.

(shakes his head, signs his name)

jw

Had to edit. Should have never dignified this with a response. Not sure why I would get into it with someone like this in the first place. My bad.

Edited by Nevergiveup

Eff off.

slander someone who makes their living at this without offering a shred of proof or even your name. You needlessly throw a man under the bus while hiding behind shield of wanna-be-tough-guy cowards everywhere: anonymous internet posting. This isn't like flaming a bad poster. This is calling out someone's profession.

Isn't this essentially what you're doing in your post?

I don't work for the Bills, but I'm willing to bet that they don't give a rat's ass whether some random internet poster has declared that he's lost whatever respect he had for the way that the front office does business.

Late to the party, and it may have been said but damn this thread is ten pages already...but I'm pretty sure that JW is the only guy in the whole country who still gets quotes from Ralph himself so saying that he has no inside sources and he never has is quite a bit off base.

Kelly, I'm intrigued by a third piece of info in this mystery: the info you received from someone in the organization. Is there any way you can expand on that? I don't want you to betray confidences but if you could shed some light on what side of the organization your source is in maybe? Football side? Business side?

GO BILLS!!!

I can't really say on this board or several people would be compromised, both in and out of the Bills organization. I have PM'd a couple people I know pretty well.

What I have heard has come at different times, from several different people, at different levels. Most are on the business side in this particular case. There have been several pieces of information, all of them add up to one basic scenario, that this trade was more a business decision than a personnel decision. Some info even came from sources directly involved with Overdorf, although that is, admittedly, second hand information, and not really what I base my opinion on. But it adds to it.

I don't "know" anything though, and don't claim to. Again, it is my opinion. No one here, including jw and NGU, "know" for sure what happened in this instance. They were not there.

I have every reason to believe from my exchange with NGU that he has no specific knowledge of the Evans trade. And I have every reason to believe, just from the AP article alone, that John Wawrow does from his reporting on it. Jerry Sullivan seemed to as well. We'll probably never "know".

Late to the party, and it may have been said but damn this thread is ten pages already...but I'm pretty sure that JW is the only guy in the whole country who still gets quotes from Ralph himself so saying that he has no inside sources and he never has is quite a bit off base.

But if it's fluff and not meaningful info.... That's not an insult to JW but an insight to what Ralph seems to share

I don't completely disagree with that. However the real bean counter is Littman. And most of the truly bad decisions like letting Pat Williams go are on the owner. And it was not as much money as it was he thought he was done. He is just not capable of making good decisions and has not been for quite some time unfortunately.

You have given a simple and potent analysis on why the Bills are such a dysfunctional organization. It centers around the owner and the organization he has staffed and structured.

Some of the belaboring criticism you are receiving is due to a misunderstanding between you and JW. What is funny is that I believe you and he are probably almost completely in accord as to how this organization functions. I get the impression that you now understand why JW is so energetic about how he was portrayed. There is a difference in disputing a fact and characterizing a person. That is the source of the eruption. At least that is how I see it.

But if it's fluff and not meaningful info.... That's not an insult to JW but an insight to what Ralph seems to share

Maybe so but my point is that comment was out of line (The "no inside sources and never will" line) and that is pretty much what this thread is all about.

How specific would you like me to get?

This thread has been amusing, kind of like watching a cat fight in the high school cafeteria between two cheerleaders vying for the attention of the star quarterback. But it has gotten boring and I'd like to respond to your question before I drift away. For starters, how about your real name and what you do? That way you and John Wawrow are on equal footing when it comes to integrity and credibility. And by the way, his name is spelled W-A-W-R-O-W. There are only six characters in the name. That really isn't too difficult to remember.

Seriously? People on this board really have gone off the deepend bashing nevergiveup, he has done nothing, but give us information we would not have had over the years. A good number of you need therapists and stop the misdirected rage at a football team and anyone associated with it.

You deserve Jerry Sullivan.

Maybe so but my point is that comment was out of line (The "no inside sources and never will" line) and that is pretty much what this thread is all about.

Erik. Give me someone that you think would have inside information and then let's think about the liklihood of that person disclosing information to the reporter in question. I know he is offended, but it is simply because all reporters want to create the perception that they have info that you do not. Not many do get legitimate inside info. I can't say I have ever seen anything ground breaking from him or most of the local reporters for that matter. Opinion, conjecture, etc. But not real inside info. Not sure why that is such a big deal to people.

Seriously? People on this board really have gone off the deepend bashing nevergiveup, he has done nothing, but give us information we would not have had over the years. A good number of you need therapists and stop the misdirected rage at a football team and anyone associated with it.

You deserve Jerry Sullivan.

jeremy2020 speaks the truth, except for the part about Sullivan.

Nobody deserves that.