Not holding my breath, NGU

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JW -

This is the kind of thing that's only making you look less professional. Disagree, point to the track record you have and move on. There's no need for these unexplained half stories to come out in this manner. You stick to your guns on professionalism and sourcing in every other thread and because one guy got under your skin your going to just throw stuff against the wall to try and prove yourself against him? It's the very thing I've admired you for not doing around here. What has this all accomplished for you? What is your hoped for end game in this thread?

He seems to be defending his word in the way he sees fit.

Glad to know that the inner circle values $7 million dollars in ralphie's pocket more than they do winning games on the field.

By the way, maybe pull up a post where I have defended the organization. Tell you they would draft, who the coach would be, who the GM would be. You could probably find that. However I am not defending the organization. I guess legitimate information is not something you are interested in.

more then without him

after a decade of missing the playoffs i'll take any win i can get, thanks......shame ralph doesn't priortize winning the same way

agreed. However by the time this team is even close to the playoffs, Evans would have been long gone. Not justfying it trade. Just pointing this out.

I amn to defending anyhting and never have. All I have ever done hear is post accurate information. I simply tried to clarify a piece of information. I could do it more often, but this entire situatioin shoudl clarify why I don't.

Blow the lid off of one bills drive? Now that is the funniest thing I have read today.

The issue I have here is not that your info on players hasn't been accurate, it's making statements about someone's integrity. How can you claim that someone could not possibly have any connections to an organization. That implies you know the going ons of everyone of importance 24/7, which is not possible. Who knows, maybe you are right. I think you could have handled the situation better rather than making the statements you made.

How specific would you like me to get?

Would you say that there is zero chance that, hypothetically, Jim Overdorf could not look at our salary cap figures for this and next year, see a few names on there like Lee Evans, Terrence McGee, Chris Kelsay et al, and then walk into Buddy Nix's office and say "Buddy, we have a bunch of young players at WR and LB, and drafted two CBs... we can't afford all these guys, look at this list and pick one."

more then without him

after a decade of missing the playoffs i'll take any win i can get, thanks......shame ralph doesn't priortize winning the same way

Thats the recipe for mediocrity the Bills have been saddled with. In the past they're kept veterans like Stroud for one season too long only to end up cutting them for nothing.

The issue I have here is not that your info on players hasn't been accurate, it's making statements about someone's integrity. How can you claim that someone could not possibly have any connections to an organization. That implies you know the going ons of everyone of importance 24/7, which is not possible. Who knows, maybe you are right. I think you could have handled the situation better rather than making the statements you made.

You are right. I could have handled it better and should not have gone down the road. Now that I have, I stand by what I said regarding him having inside info. Do you really think anyone is confiding in any of these guys? The only one that might get anything is Gaughn. You don't have to believe but that is the reality of the situation. I can see why he is upset, but you get seond hand info and specualtiona at best from these guys. That is just the reality of the situation.

Not sure why today is the day to weigh in. In retrospect, it sounds like I called out the report for no reason. If he only reprted that overdorf handled the trade, there is no inaccuracy. However he should have clarified that he was not behind it.

How many more games do you win with him this year?

We'd have won more with Evans than with BUSTer freaking Davis.

By the way, maybe pull up a post where I have defended the organization. Tell you they would draft, who the coach would be, who the GM would be. You could probably find that. However I am not defending the organization. I guess legitimate information is not something you are interested in.

You aren't defending the organization word for word, but your attitude and actions of attacking and attempting to discredit a professional reporter that has criticized the organization falls lock-step with the way the Bills have operated the last decade. The brass doesn't defend the piss-poor way this organization has been run, they attack anyone who dares question them.

People are just pissed off that this organization values money and pure profit over fielding a winning team. After 12 years of ****ty football, the Bills fan base has hit a critical mass of being sick of jerked around.

Not sure why today is the day to weigh in. In retrospect, it sounds like I called out the report for no reason. If he only reprted that overdorf handled the trade, there is no inaccuracy. However he should have clarified that he was not behind it.

Know anything about Chris Brown saying Evans requested a trade?

Would you say that there is zero chance that, hypothetically, Jim Overdorf could not look at our salary cap figures for this and next year, see a few names on there like Lee Evans, Terrence McGee, Chris Kelsay et al, and then walk into Buddy Nix's office and say "Buddy, we have a bunch of young players at WR and LB, and drafted two CBs... we can't afford all these guys, look at this list and pick one."

Yes Kelly. I would say that. Overdorf has no inout into what the team can or cannot afford. He does what he is told. Now could Ralph or Littman been invloved. Absolutely.

I'd say the difference between "what do you think" and "pick one" are different. I very much hope it's the former. I have to believe it is. If it's not, any gm or coach to touch this job is crazy. Oh well.... I have no inside sources!

Yes Kelly. I would say that. Overdorf has no inout into what the team can or cannot afford. He does what he is told. Now could Ralph or Littman been invloved. Absolutely.

That is a major distinction, that could leave both reports true, with one more insightful. Interesting thread developing from what had been a terrible start.

NGU, there has been a lot of speculation on this board as to who you really are. No one has questioned your ability to provide inside information. But if you are who we think you are; someday you will play an important roll in the organization. That being said, this is not how you run a first class organization. If you are well connected as you seem to be, and have issues with JW, this is not the right place for that forum.

How specific would you like me to get?

I think I. can speak for everyone when I say you both (wawrow AND yourself) should be very specific.

You both have been dancing around the arguements you are making. The real allegations from wawrow is that the Evans deal was money based not actually based on some misguided idea that it makes the team better and secondly, that this has been the real mo of the team or years, despite the bs you hear from the front office. If this is the case, than nix is defacto not making the decisions, the money guys are......based on your info, is this true?

And warrow, you have been dancing around this as well, you claim that j.o is making personell decisions, but have not been forthcoming with the exact role he plays. ngu is correct when saying that he is involved but not pulling the trigger. Would you care to clarify this sir.? Is j.o making the personally decisions or is he not. If you have info regarding pat Williams or details of other dealings of this type, that would infirm j.o actually pulling the trigger, please share.