Clayton ranks Fitz 27th, warns Bills fans to get ready for Luck

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN and NFL network both are biased to the front runners. I only hear about Philly, NE, Indy, Jets, Balt. They don't like small market teams. Green Bay won the Super Bowl last year, yet they still get little exposure. You would think Philly won the SB by all the talk they get. I would love nothing more than to see the Bills go 12-4 win the division and watch NFL network commentators try to explain themselves.

Lol good call...I definitely feel you on the Philly SB talk. Yet everyone forgets to talk about how crappy their offensive line really is. I'm sure in large part to Vick bein a running threat

Fitz is much better than #27, and he has a solid RB (Jackson) who can run behind a crappy O-line. Also, Fitz is not fazed by the crappy play of the O-line. If another WR steps up, like Parrish or Easley, that will take pressure off johnson. I didn't like the Evans trade, but that does not mean all is lost. The key will be the O-line holding a block for an average amount of time. That's all Fitz will need to unload the ball to a WR.

Fitz 27th???

what us dude smoking cause it must be some powerful sh-- :)

I would rank Fitz about halfway 16th. If we had a better Oline I'd rank him higher.

He has a solid run game behind him with Fred and CJ who can both catch the rock.

He has an underrated WR core that the media will find out about just like they found out about Stevie last year.

If he plays just a tad better than he did last year the Bills will move the ball on most teams we play this year. The only teams that will give Fitz problems is the Jets, Dallas, and the Eagles. I think we can score on the rest of the teams we play.

I expect a better year from him because he will get more chances to move the ball because the D looks a bit better than last year.

He can throw for 3,700 this year if it works out right.

Fitz 27th???

what us dude smoking cause it must be some powerful sh-- :)

I would rank Fitz about halfway 16th. If we had a better Oline I'd rank him higher.

He has a solid run game behind him with Fred and CJ who can both catch the rock.

He has an underrated WR core that the media will find out about just like they found out about Stevie last year.

If he plays just a tad better than he did last year the Bills will move the ball on most teams we play this year. The only teams that will give Fitz problems is the Jets, Dallas, and the Eagles. I think we can score on the rest of the teams we play.

I expect a better year from him because he will get more chances to move the ball because the D looks a bit better than last year.

He can throw for 3,700 this year if it works out right.

You think he can be top 10 in yards? Aaron Rodgers threw for 3900 so you are basically putting him near that kind of production?

You think he can be top 10 in yards? Aaron Rodgers threw for 3900 so you are basically putting him near that kind of production?

He threw for 3000 and did not start the first 2 games last year. That 214 yds per game. So he could have thrown for 3,400 last year.

I know I have been drinking Grape koolaid but if he does we make the playoffs.

He does have alot of weapons, if the line can keep him alive. Big IF there.

Edited by Bufcomments

He threw for 3000 and did not start the first 2 games last year. That 214 yds per game. So he could have thrown for 3,400 last year.

I know I have been drinking Grape koolaid but if he does we make the playoffs.

He does have alot of weapons, if the line can keep him alive. Big IF there.

Yes because he couldnt beat out Trent Edwards. he played well in some games last years, Ravens, but stunk against some much worse teams. Ravens game was his only real outstanding game. Against CIN he beat up on some 3rd string safeties. He had quite a few yards in garbage time as well.

He really struggled the 2nd half of the season and turned the ball over a ton.

In those 5 games he had 5 TDs, 6 INTs and 5 fumbles lost. He also avg 207 yards passing a game.

You can argue whether he deserves to be 27th but honestly you cant say he should be that much higher. Hes a 7th year 7th round draft pick who hasnt produced all that much.

Yes because he couldnt beat out Trent Edwards. he played well in some games last years, Ravens, but stunk against some much worse teams. Ravens game was his only real outstanding game. Against CIN he beat up on some 3rd string safeties. He had quite a few yards in garbage time as well.

He really struggled the 2nd half of the season and turned the ball over a ton.

In those 5 games he had 5 TDs, 6 INTs and 5 fumbles lost. He also avg 207 yards passing a game.

You can argue whether he deserves to be 27th but honestly you cant say he should be that much higher. Hes a 7th year 7th round draft pick who hasnt produced all that much.

I don't think the coaching staff wanted him to start anyway, they were going to give Trent one more chance...why I dont know.

Stevie was a 7th round draft pick wasn't he?

Say what you want but every year he has been in the league he has gotten better and I say the trend continues this year.

I don't think the coaching staff wanted him to start anyway, they were going to give Trent one more chance...why I dont know.

Stevie was a 7th round draft pick wasn't he?

Say what you want but every year he has been in the league he has gotten better and I say the trend continues this year.

Yes Johnson was, and WR is completely different than QB. Since something like 1984 there has been only one Super Bowl that didnt feature a first round quarterback. Wonder why.

link

27. Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buffalo Bills

Analysis: Just when Fitzpatrick was building a nice passing offense with Lee Evans and Steve Johnson, the Bills trade Evans to Baltimore and now lack the outside threat to take coverage away from Johnson. Bills fans can start following the Stanford schedule of Andrew Luck, who might be the Bills' next quarterback.

I was as critical of the Evans trade as anyone, but our only hope that the national media wouldn't have picked up on is the play of Easely. It's a big "if" but if he can pull it off, we could be out of the "Luck Bowl." If not hard to argue with Mr. Tales from the Crypt

I am not sold on Easley or Jones yet. But 4 catches for 36 yards per game and a TD every four games easily replaces Evans. Evans sucked sorry not a lot of people agree but look at his production. He sucked.

Yes Johnson was, and WR is completely different than QB. Since something like 1984 there has been only one Super Bowl that didnt feature a first round quarterback. Wonder why.

That's not fair. Once a guy's in the NFL you have to go with his body of work and throw draft position out of the window. What do you want, 6th rounder brady to give his 3 rings back?

Name 1 decent QB and 1 decent WR that struggle because there isn't another decent WR?

Who is the "#2" with Andre Johnson?

Who is the "#2" with Calvin Johnson?

Who is the "#2" with Stevie Johnson?

Who cares?

The "no other WR" argument is just foolish.

Go ahead and single Easely, Nelson, or Jones we'd love that.

Fitzy has no conscience and no preference, if someone is open they will get the ball.

Did you just compare Stevie Johnson with Calvin and Andre?

If so, that's quite a "homer" statement.

The comparison ends with the last name...

I realize you're trying to establish the fact Detroit & Houston don't have premier #2 receivers either, but mentioning the Bills current lot of secondary receivers burning one on one coverage doesn't scare anybody.

Lee Evans took the top of defenses. You can't replace pure straight line speed or the threat of the deep ball that easily.