Pryor is dumber than Brad Smith

A little more interested in this than I probably should be, but it is cool to analyze our view of traditional intelligence vs. QB success. From last year's starters, the smartest and the dumbest:

The Frasier League

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick 48

2. Alex Smith 40

3. Eli Manning 39

4. Matt Stafford 38

5. Tony Romo 37

6. Aaron Rodgers 35

6. Matt Leinart 35

8. Tom Brady 33

9. Matt Ryan 32

10. Matt Schaub 31

Jersey Shore League

23. Ben Roethlisberger 25

24. Jason Campbell 23

25. Brett Favre 22

25. Tim Tebow 22

25. Chad Henne 22

28. Bruce Gradkowski 19

29. Vince Young 15

30. Donovan McNabb 14

30. David Garrard 14

Interesting note: Four of the top 10 smartest QBs are named Matt.

"Everybody kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals me from, whatever."

What's it say about our society when this is the guy who gets to attend college for free?

Very little, actually. It says a lot about his parent(s) though...and a lot about him. Perhaps he will grow up in time to not completely f up his chance at making it big in the NFL, perhaps he won't.

Consider: we have people going to school for free right now that think 9/11 was an inside job, and believe in a whole host a of other douchebaggery, and I would say the same thing to them: perhaps you will grow up in time to get a real job, perhaps you won't.

Very little, actually. It says a lot about his parent(s) though...and a lot about him. Perhaps he will grow up in time to not completely f up his chance at making it big in the NFL, perhaps he won't.

Consider: we have people going to school for free right now that think 9/11 was an inside job, and believe in a whole host a of other douchebaggery, and I would say the same thing to them: perhaps you will grow up in time to get a real job, perhaps you won't.

??? It says absolutely nothing about his parents or his education. Have you ever taken the wonderlic? We should all take it on the board and see what happens. He went to college to play and learn football like most "student-athletes" A wonderlic score only pertains to football

Brad Smith? He got a 24 on the Wonderlic.

Or is this a tongue-in-cheek reference to the "People act like Brad Smith is a dummy" thread?

not directed at Doc, this goes out to the rest of youse...

For the record...can we please put a stop to the Brad Smith=dumb threads/references? I think that one has run its course.

??? It says absolutely nothing about his parents or his education.

It most certainly does. Each of us is to an extent a 'product of our environment.'

A wonderlic score only pertains to football

Huh?

not directed at Doc, this goes out to the rest of youse...

For the record...can we please put a stop to the Brad Smith=dumb threads/references? I think that one has run its course.

Huh?

Agreed

also

some should probably mention that the article is erroneous (shocker! and latently raciest, but lets not go there)

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6914510/terrelle-pryor-wonderlic-score-better-7-says-pittsburgh-steelers-gm

??? It says absolutely nothing about his parents or his education. Have you ever taken the wonderlic? We should all take it on the board and see what happens. He went to college to play and learn football like most "student-athletes" A wonderlic score only pertains to football

Pretty bad when I can refute you with a single wiki link.

The wonderlic does not only pertain to football. In fact, it doesn't pertain to football any more than in pertains to being an engineer, or an astronaut, or anything else that involves problem solving.

I was specifically referring to the quote above...and that quote has everything to do with bad parenting and ignorance. In fact it is a direct result of it. Do you steal? How about murder, are you big on that? If not, then not "everyone" does it, do they? This moron is trying to justify his bad behavior by lowering the bar, for "everyone", to a staggeringly low level. :rolleyes:

Edited by OCinBuffalo