Finally got to watch the first half of the Jags game

Beerball

It seems like McIntyre played quite a bit in 2 back sets w/Freddie or CJ.

IIRC it was the same last preseason, but when the regular season came around we saw much much less 2 back.

So, my question to you is:

Will Corey McIntyre be an integral part of the Bills offense this season or will we revert to more single back set like we did last year? (or will we see more Freddie/CJ backfields)

Just an obeservation from the game...I thought Spiller did a much better job picking his holes and hitting them hard against the Jags. Not sure if anyone agrees, also not sure if that's a product of the Jags defense not flowing well.

IIRC it was the same last preseason, but when the regular season came around we saw much much less 2 back.

Will Corey McIntyre be an integral part of the Bills offense this season or will we revert to more single back set like we did last year? (or will we see more Freddie/CJ backfields)

Just an obeservation from the game...I thought Spiller did a much better job picking his holes and hitting them hard against the Jags. Not sure if anyone agrees, also not sure if that's a product of the Jags defense not flowing well.

I think we'll see a different offensive strategy EVERY week. Gailey has so many options that game plans can/will be dramatically different each week based on the weaknesses he sees in the opponent. There will not be a specific Bills' offense, just as there is no specific Bills' defensive front.

I thinks its more of a "dont show" your offense in preseason look? i could be wrong....what were his roles when he was in there? was he used for blocking? Was he helping out the LT? or was he getting the ball? could be a package the team uses when bad weather comes later in the year...who knows. But I cant see him being there all the time and taking off one of our younger WRs. But whatever I think, im usually wrong so who knows....good question though.

not to go off topic, one play stood out the most for me....Danny Batten one on one with Eugene Monroe and he beat him for a sack. We all know Monroe is an elite tackled in the NFL.

and kudos for Easley making me forget about that Lee Evans trade and also to POZ for finally making me understand why we let him walk.....he couldnt cover a one legged hooker outta the backfield.

I think we'll see a different offensive strategy EVERY week. Gailey has so many options that game plans can/will be dramatically different each week based on the weaknesses he sees in the opponent. There will not be a specific Bills' offense, just as there is no specific Bills' defensive front.

Same can be said for the defense. 3-4? 4-3? 5-2? What is the offensive tendancy in down & distance? That's what we'll try to defend.

To the OP's question, McIntyre plays with a lot of heart. His absence throughout most of last season has more than a few thinking he'll be a Surprize cut. I hope not. The TD bomb to Stevie J came with a 2-back set, so his presence doesn't necessarily mean run play.

Unlike the Jauron era..

I saw most of the 1st half. The Bills' starters looked good (can't wait for Merriman to get in there and for Dareus to be 100%) and both teams were not playing vanilla (the Jags were blitzing and stunting). The horse-collar call was BS. A "horse collar" tackle is being dragged down by the behind-inside of the shoulder pads. What is worse is that they missed (ignored) McGee getting clipped trying to chase the Jags player down on that same play. Also that PI call on Florence was brutal.

I got to watch it last night too and I was impressed with Batten and Carrington at OLB. That play on Monroe was awesome, and Carrington had one where he sniffed out the cutback run and stopped it for a short gain. It seems to me that those plays went for big yards last year.

I liked how Freddy schooled Poz on that long pass play, that sums up Poz, good...but not great. Enjoy it Jacksonville.

I also liked Anthony Elzy. He picked up a ton of blitzes in the second half, I'd have to go back to count them all. Too bad he got the axe.

I absolutely thought CJ did better......

If he would just learn to set up his block at the 2nd level his rushing yards would skyrocket.....

He runs like he is shot out of a cannon.....which actually works to get past the line of scrimmage (provided the blocking is there) but when you get to the second level the defenders are already adjusting their angles to intercept.....so you have to allow your blocker to engage the defender and then cut off of that.

I think McIntyre is a good player, who could get cut, depending on the playbook.

I'll have to rewatch those plays. I wonder if CM was filling in for Johnny White while he was out. I expect White to get quite a few touches ths year.

Mcintyre is a converted LB who is a needed player for this Bills team. He is a stud ST player on coverage units and an above average lead blocker. He will be on the team and, although he won't put up any kind of numbers, he will be vital to our success. As someone already suggested he can help with the pass rush as well as any back we have. He is a solid Football player. I cannot see him not making the final 53.