A confession of love to Emma Stone

CosmicBills

Thats !@#$ing stupid Wacka. 49 is not old. Tying in circumstances to the age doesnt make him old.

lol, sorry to break it to you, but 49 is "old" no matter how you want to justify it, it's just getting past middle aged, so...

I get it that you must be 49 or older, and sensitive to that statement, but thems the breaks.

so it would be cute if he were 25??

(and from what I've read, this whole thing was a joke. And that she knew before hand what JC was going to do)

No, the general rule is "Half your age, plus 7 years", so it would be a little less creepy if she was 32+. But it's still a creepy video either way. Which I understand that is what he was going for with the joke.

lol, sorry to break it to you, but 49 is "old" no matter how you want to justify it, it's just getting past middle aged, so...

I get it that you must be 49 or older, and sensitive to that statement, but thems the breaks.

No, the general rule is "Half your age, plus 7 years", so it would be a little less creepy if she was 32+. But it's still a creepy video either way. Which I understand that is what he was going for with the joke.

I think for a majority of things you probably are old old when you hit 60. The increase of longevity these days means that old is older than ever. Although if you're talking which age is past prime - it could very well be 30. Everything in society is aimed to the current generation - 18 to the late 20's, which is probably right where you're at.

...and what is this "general rule" you speak of?

so it would be cute if he were 25??

(and from what I've read, this whole thing was a joke. And that she knew before hand what JC was going to do)

It's Jim Carrey. I don't know how anyone could think it wasn't a joke.

I think for a majority of things you probably are old old when you hit 60. The increase of longevity these days means that old is older than ever. Although if you're talking which age is past prime - it could very well be 30. Everything in society is aimed to the current generation - 18 to the late 20's, which is probably right where you're at.

...and what is this "general rule" you speak of?

Im well into my 30s which is why I can say Im old, and 49 is definitely old.

The general rule is, the rule to determine how young you can date. It is half your age + 7. JC is 49, so 24.5+7 = ~32

Edited by DrDareustein

The general rule is, the rule to determine how young you can date. It is half your age + 7. JC is 49, so 24.5+7 = ~32

Thats so !@#$ed up!! :lol: :lol:

I'm 9 years older than my X wife. Sheesh, I made it through the DrDareustein rule OK. :lol:

Also.........

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

Mark Twain.

So you round up? I always just assumed you should round down so that you can cheat the system a bit.

To determine how young you can date, you really only need to follow the "older than 17" rule.

Thats so !@#$ed up!! :lol: :lol:

I'm 9 years older than my X wife. Sheesh, I made it through the DrDareustein rule OK. :lol:

Also.........

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter."

Mark Twain.

To determine how young you can date, you really only need to follow the "older than 17" rule.

lol and lol!

I actually agree with both of you. Was just passing along some helpful tips! :lol::thumbsup:

So you round up? I always just assumed you should round down so that you can cheat the system a bit.

good point! :thumbsup:

49 is just getting past middle aged? What are the years of middle aged?