Best Pastry Shop?

TheBlackMamba

I'll go with Andersen Bakery in Copenhagen Denmark. Outstanding pastries.

I also say Danish bakery... Whenever we are in Burr Ridge, Illinois... We always stop in here:

Kirsten's

"Kirsten's Authentic Danish Products ... Rune, our Danish baker, has brought his own recipes straight from Denmark. With many imported ingredients, Rune specializes in many authentic Danish items such as Kringle, Seven Sisters, Authentic Danish Sweetrolls, Pumpernickel and other special Danish items."

Also: Swedish:

Pearson's: Homewood, Illinois

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Maybe because that phone call would tell you whether or not it's still there.

I'm still puzzled. So, I should call up this number and ask, "are you still open? I don't live in Rochester, haven't visited in 10 years, and don't plan on buying anything from your shop, but was just curious if you are open."

I was just curious if anyone here had gone to this place recently; I'm not interested enough to pick up the phone and call them as if they were a long-lost friend of mine.

I'm still puzzled. So, I should call up this number and ask, "are you still open? I don't live in Rochester, haven't visited in 10 years, and don't plan on buying anything from your shop, but was just curious if you are open."

I was just curious if anyone here had gone to this place recently; I'm not interested enough to pick up the phone and call them as if they were a long-lost friend of mine.

I guess if that 30 seconds of your time is too valuable, it's not exactly worth it.

always loved the bread at dicamillo's in niagara falls (and still order it occasionally for parties). very good pastries too. very interested in the news about carlo's - was it bad or just mediocre?

it's not that it was bad, it actually was pretty good. it's just there's a wait in a 3 hour line that stretches about two blocks down washington st.

The pastry shops in buffalo are really good (luigis, russ's, caramici's, dessert deli), but the few i went to in NYC were phenomenal.

Also, Carlo's Bake Shop (cake boss) in Hoboken is not worth the 3 hour wait (just to get into the shop)!

Is Russ's still around on West Ferry? That place was a dump but made delicious italian cookies.