Jackson upset is not good

26TrapDraw

Make a run at this thing? LOL

If you can't understand that the Bills are currently one of the worst teams in football, and trying to build for a payoff a couple seasons down the road is the only strategy that makes sense right now, then I guess there is no point in even debating.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make a run at this thing? LOL

If you can't understand that the Bills are currently one of the worst teams in football, and trying to build for a payoff a couple seasons down the road is the only strategy that makes sense right now, then I guess there is no point in even debating.

Or you can try to win now and build for the future. It's what all other teams do. We should try it.

Best offensive player period.

Hardest worker period.

Great teammate

Great human being

Overcomer

Overachiever

Passionate

Leader

Class act

Selfless

Falls forward, keeps legs moving, phenomenal blocker, good hands, nice cutting ability, runs wr routes

I try to support the bills no matter what, poz leaving upset me, the Evans trade upset me, but this constant blatant disrespect for our leader if !@#$ing making me angry!

WTF else does this guy need to do?

To everybody who says he is on the wrong side of 30, age is a number, he had low miles.

What you said, thanks x2

I swear if they let Jackson go because of this I will be done with this team . And I have been a fan for over 36 years.

There is only so much a fan can take. Evans trade pissed me of. CJ cant carry Fred helmet yet . Don't care if he was drafted in the first round, Fred is the better player PERIOD.

I don't get this logic. By that rationale Maybin should have been starting last year.

Eh, not so sure about that. If CJ is struggling with blocking in practice - then forcing him into the game isn't going to help. Fitz got sacked from the left side while CJ stood to his right unaware anything was happening against Denver. That isn't helping his situation.

Maybin was picked in the first round and his lame @$$ was dropped. When you perform, you should play.

What I meant is how do you know what he can do if he never plays? RBs like to get into a rhythm. Ask Fred Jackson. If you only toss CJ out once in a while you never get a sense of what he is capable of doing.

PTR

What I meant is how do you know what he can do if he never plays? RBs like to get into a rhythm. Ask Fred Jackson. If you only toss CJ out once in a while you never get a sense of what he is capable of doing.

PTR

You know what a player can do with simulations called practice. And if you perform well in practice, the coach puts you in the game plan

I would like to think CJ is more talented… certainly his pedigree suggests that and we have a lot more invested in CJ.

Freddie was an undrafted free agent out of a Division III school whereas Spiller was taken 9th overall.

Trouble is, it's obvious to me at least that Fred is the more talented back… just like it was obvious to me that Fred was more talented than Marshawn when he was getting more yards per carry and more yards per reception on the same team.

I'm trying to remember the last time we had a back with the vision and instincts Fred Jackson has.

Freddie is a football player (warrior)… had two incredible blocks against Denver… one against Miller and then one where he put LB DJ Williams on his ass.

The guy catches the ball well, runs well, blocks well… because he's a good football player.

Spiller is a finesse player who has been ineffective so far, unfortunately.

IF Spiller proves his critics wrong (and I've been supportive of him thus far) he's got a LOT of improving to do. Right now he has zero patience as a runner and doesn't appear to have the vision and instincts that great runners have.

I'm quite concerned about Spiller and like many others in this thread, I'd like to see him get more playing time… when he EARNS IT.

PTR

2 things PTR.

1. We know what Fred can do - he can be successful w/ what he has to work around him and he's one of the very few running backs that the Bills have had since Thurman that can pick up respectable yardage running between the tackles.

2. If CJ can't figure out a blitz pickup any better than he did in Denver, I don't want to give him enough work to 'get a sense of what he's capable of doing.' I don't expect that Fitz could survive 2 games of his learning.

While I hope CJ can get better at not getting Fitz killed, right now if he gets serious time on the field I expect that Fitz will get serious time in the trainer's room.

2 things PTR.

1. We know what Fred can do - he can be successful w/ what he has to work around him and he's one of the very few running backs that the Bills have had since Thurman that can pick up respectable yardage running between the tackles.

2. If CJ can't figure out a blitz pickup any better than he did in Denver, I don't want to give him enough work to 'get a sense of what he's capable of doing.' I don't expect that Fitz could survive 2 games of his learning.

While I hope CJ can get better at not getting Fitz killed, right now if he gets serious time on the field I expect that Fitz will get serious time in the trainer's room.

Well in that case then we should just cut CJ Spiller and chalk him up as yet another Bills bust.

PTR

I would like to think CJ is more talented… certainly his pedigree suggests that and we have a lot more invested in CJ.

Freddie was an undrafted free agent out of a Division III school whereas Spiller was taken 9th overall.

Trouble is, it's obvious to me at least that Fred is the more talented back… just like it was obvious to me that Fred was more talented than Marshawn when he was getting more yards per carry and more yards per reception on the same team.

I'm trying to remember the last time we had a back with the vision and instincts Fred Jackson has.

Freddie is a football player (warrior)… had two incredible blocks against Denver… one against Miller and then one where he put LB DJ Williams on his ass.

The guy catches the ball well, runs well, blocks well… because he's a good football player.

Spiller is a finesse player who has been ineffective so far, unfortunately.

IF Spiller proves his critics wrong (and I've been supportive of him thus far) he's got a LOT of improving to do. Right now he has zero patience as a runner and doesn't appear to have the vision and instincts that great runners have.

I'm quite concerned about Spiller and like many others in this thread, I'd like to see him get more playing time… when he EARNS IT.

Right on bud, I don't believe in drafting rbs high but we do it all the time.

Fred is the best rb since #34 and he has earned his job, both through solid play and leadership (see jones defense)

PTR

He should probably get just as many chances as other #2's get. I do have to give it Union though, and CJ is a different kind of back. I believe there is opportunity for him in the screen game, and motioning out into the slot from a 2 rb set (freddy and CJ) that would give CJ matchup advantages.

He should probably get just as many chances as other #2's get. I do have to give it Union though, and CJ is a different kind of back. I believe there is opportunity for him in the screen game, and motioning out into the slot from a 2 rb set (freddy and CJ) that would give CJ matchup advantages.

The only problem with that is you have to be able to follow your blocks to set up a screen.

What's the difference? They can't look any more like buffoons than they do already. Jackson's on the wrong side of 30 and won't get another extension from the Bills. That sucks but it's truth.

When the Bills don't pay him the Patriots will pick him up and go to the SB with him. Freddy is better then anyone the Jets,Dolphins or Patriots have on their rosters.

Is Gailey trying to justify that #1 pick to try and prove he is better then Jauron? Remember he boldly stated after he drafted him that he would make the O line block better...speaking of blocking :rolleyes:

Seriously, the only way this kid is going to get better is to work him and get him playing experience. What better way to do that then in preseason games.

Well in that case then we should just cut CJ Spiller and chalk him up as yet another Bills bust.

PTR

How in the world do you come up with that?!?

Jackson, flat out, is better than CJ NOW. CJ looks very scary in picking up blitzes NOW. He isn't where Jackson is NOW. While he MAY turn out to be a bust, he could also become a really good back.

Other than attempting to tank games to have a better chance of getting 'better through the draft' next year, I don't see a legitimate reason to consider CJ to be a 'co #1' or '1A.'

While it's troubling that Spiller hasn't appeared to pick up on things he'll need to do better, it is only his 2nd season and he had no contact w/ the coaching staff until about 3 weeks ago this off-season. Hopefully, he'll get it in time. He could, but he's not there yet; the good news is that Fred is there.

It's a shame for guys like Spiller that the lockout took place, because a full off-season of OTA's and mini-camps would likely do him a world of good.

Sometimes I get the feeling this organization is so used to being in rebuilding mode, they just can't stop tinkering and messing with things...I have to say, trading Evans made me really wonder about this team, and now, the alienation that seems to be going on with Jackson, is really starting to make me have a hard time liking this team. It's almost as if they are acting like Jackson is only good because he is cheap...he is the best running back this team has had in a decade, a good guy, and a respected team leader...why can't they placate him? I understand, Spiller needs his time...they invested a lot in him...but let him earn it, damn it!

Did I miss something where Jackson was unhappy? I dont' see a link in this thread.

FWIW, I thought Spiller (outside of the blitz pickup) played decent this past weekend.

Did I miss something where Jackson was unhappy? I dont' see a link in this thread.

FWIW, I thought Spiller (outside of the blitz pickup) played decent this past weekend.

GR had a quote from him stating essentially that he didn't understand what was going on w/ Spiller and him being 1 & 1A and he did not sound happy about it. The actual quote is probably in their audio vault.