2012 draft

Can we start the f*ing season before we start talking about the draft?! Yes, because we struggled in one pre season game let's start the doom and gloom talk as if we were 0-8 again. Cut the draft talk until we know we'll suck this season, then I'm all for the Luck, Jones, Barkley and Lindley talk.

GO 2011 Bills

Hey man we are all just having some fun....its really not "doom and gloom". Many of us are just so used to losing that we just expect the worst and anything better than that is an added bonus. I think a nice cold beer would do you alot of good my friend.

That would kick @$$. Serious question: Have there been any Okies on the team since Thurman?

You're doing it wrong :oops:

Concur....I like this line up better LOL

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man we are all just having some fun....its really not "doom and gloom". Many of us are just so used to losing that we just expect the worst and anything better than that is an added bonus. I think a nice cold beer would do you alot of good my friend.

Concur....I like this line up better LOL

I totally understand, I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't looking into all the best QB/LB/OT in next year's draft. But I also feel that it needs to be limited this time of year, focus on this season and enjoy the ride.

If we need a QB Ryan Tannehill 6'4" 220

if we need a LT Matt Kalil 6'5 295, Rieley Rife 6'6" 300

if we need a RT Levy Adcock 6'5 322, Andrew Datko 6'6" 311

didn't see first pick, was thinking round. We will not have the first pick as we will be a 500 team.

What, aren't there any 5'10" speed receivers available that early?

I think weedon is as old if not older than fitz lol but blackmon is the real deal. Saying that I might puke if they take anything other than an ol or qb. I prefer qb!

Edit: just checked he's 11 months younger than fitz... do I smell qb of the future? Haha

Meh...I don't see Weeden's age (27) being a drawback at all - Jim Kelly was 26 when he finally joined the Bills. Actually, I think the maturity-thing is an asset. Plus, Weeden has something in common with another Class of '83 HOF QB, John Elway - they both played pro baseball (Weeden was a drafted as a pitcher by the Yankees, and played pro baseball for 3 years in the Yankees', Dodgers', and Royals' organizations).

Weeden gets even more extra points from me for being coached by Dana Holgersen, who played QB for and then was QBs coach and OC for...

Mike Leach

Edited by The Senator

Ladies and Gentlemen, with the first pick of the 2012 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select...fill in the blank....bahahaha. I really hope I am wrong but this is the way I see it. Blast away at me if it makes you feel better :-)

As others in this thread have pointed out, it's a bit premature to be certain about whether the Bills will pick first overall. That being said, I'd like to see them end up with Luck or with some other franchise QB. Filling that need is critical enough that I'd even be willing to see them trade up if needed to get the right QB.

A dream scenario would be for the Bills to use an early first round pick on a franchise QB. Then they'd package their second and third round picks to trade back into the first for a LT. I realize that's a little late in the first to be taking a LT, but this is a dream scenario after all! I realize this still leaves a hole at RT, but it's not as though all the Bills' needs can be filled in one draft.

The first round QB should remain on the bench his rookie year, with no thought whatever of putting him into a regular season game unless both Fitz and Thigpen are each missing a limb! Fitz is good enough to get the team by for the short-term, and you want to give the rookie a chance to learn the offense before throwing him to the wolves. You also want to significantly improve the OL between now and when that rookie makes his first start.

Top 20 QB’s for the 2012 Draft Class:

Ryan Tannehill-Texas A&M

Kirk Cousins-Michigan State

Nick Foles-Arizona

GJ Kinne-Tulsa

BJ Coleman-Chattanooga

Chandler Harnish-Northern Illinois

Dominique Davis-ECU

Ryan Lindley-San Diego State

Aaron Corp-Richmond

John Brantley-Florida

Kellen Moore-Boise State

Case Keenum-Houston

Brandon Weeden-Oklahoma State

Russell Wilson-Wisconsin

Chris Relf-Mississippi State

Jacory Harris-Miami

Mike Paulus-William & Mary

Jordan Jefferson-LSU

Alex Tanney-Monmouth College

Austin Davis-Southern Miss

Ryan Tannehill-Texas A&M

Nick Foles-Arizona

GJ Kinne-Tulsa

BJ Coleman-Chattanooga

Dominique Davis-ECU

Aaron Corp-Richmond

John Brantley-Florida

Kellen Moore-Boise State

Case Keenum-Houston

Russell Wilson-Wisconsin

Jacory Harris-Miami

Jordan Jefferson-LSU

Am I missing something? Where's Luck and Barkley?

Am I missing something? Where's Luck and Barkley?

They're Class of 2013 - they have a year of eligibility left and would have to forgo it and declare for the 2012 draft. Luck almost certainly will declare, unless he decides he doesn't want to play for whomever gets the #1-oerall pick, in which case he could opt to stay at Stanford, work on a Masters degree, play out his final year of eligibility, and join the 2013 entry draft.

(Landry Jones is in the same situation, but almost certain to declare for the 2012 draft after Oklahoma wins the BCS title this season.)

Gotta agree on this. If he has a brain would he want to ruin his football chances spending all his time scrambling for his life with this offensive line? Better to wait for a shot at a line that can compete above the JV level. Might last long enough to be a good QB.

When exactly does a good, well-run team ever have the first overall pick? With only 1-2 exceptions, these teams are usually an on and off the field mess.

What, aren't there any 5'10" speed receivers available that early?

If there were I'm sure the Raiders would draft him.

Ryan Tannehill-Texas A&M

Nick Foles-Arizona

GJ Kinne-Tulsa

BJ Coleman-Chattanooga

Dominique Davis-ECU

Aaron Corp-Richmond

John Brantley-Florida

Kellen Moore-Boise State

Case Keenum-Houston

Russell Wilson-Wisconsin

Jacory Harris-Miami

Jordan Jefferson-LSU

Jordan Jefferson? Will he be released from jail by then?

Oh, and before I forget. If Wang doesn't perform and gets cut, then we will have to Adcock to the roster, for sure.

Edited by Kevin