Observations from a Realist

Dr. Trooth

COme on folks, I think we're being a little short sighted here. It ain't the end of the world. That will have to wait until Dec. 21, 2012.

The Bills will be 13-0 at that point when a solar catastrophe ends all humanity and dashes the hopes of thousands, maybe millions, of Bills

fans around the globe, of the Bills ever reaching the Super Bowl stage again.

We need to look at last night's debacle a little differently. Forget that Denver was as equally as suckish as the Bills were last year.

Forget that Denver has a new coach, coaching staff, had only three weeks to implement a totally new system, were without two starting

defensive linemen, that all three QBs Denver played had great success agianst the Bills, and lastly, forget that the Bills got totally

thrashed by a really bad team. I can sum up the Bills performance last night in two words... "ANDREW LUCK" !

However, I did make a few observations last night and would like to share these with my Bills bretheren and sisteren, if I may.

1) All along we've all had the impression the Bills were developing Demitrious Bell to be their starting LT. Not so. After last night

it's clear that the Bills coaching staff had loftier goals for Bell. They've been grooming him as a replacement turnstyle for Gate B,

should the need arise.

2) Now we know why Rinehart may be slowly taking over for Levitre. Levitre seemed to be struggling at the point of attack and in pass

protection, but relax, only in those two areas. We all know Levitre is superior in "space" as Ray Bentley pointed out last night. I smell

an offering from NASA for a conditional 4th rounder and perhaps even future considerations.

3) Many fans were disappointed the Bills traded Lee Evans. However, Lee Evans has 4.3 speed. It takes him approximately 6.5 seconds to

get 60 yards down field. For a connection of that length to happen between a Bills QB and Evans, the Bills QB would have to relase that

pass within 3 seconds of the snap. No way can the Bills offensive line protect for that long. Thus, Evans was expendable and Buddy made a

great move. Who needs a deep threat anyway?

4) I know the thought of having lost Whitner, Stroud, Poz, Youboty, and Ellison really had a lot of us totally bummed out. How the hell

are the Bills gonna defend without these guys. Well, you watched the same game as I did last night. The Bills ranked 24th on defense

last year. I'm happy to report that the Bills can easily match that without those 5 guys I mentioned. So, again, relax. The Bills saved

money and the "D" won't miss a beat.

5) I thought Spiller was very impressive last night. Very impressive. His comments to Mike Catalana on the sidelines during the TV

broadcast were impressive as well. "If Denver wants to get chippy we can too. Nobody respect us. Well we show em we can be chippy". Broncos 24,

Bills 10. That'll show em. He might not be the next Tom Brokaw, but I believe C.J. has a bright future on "Dancing with the Stars".

6) I was puzzled that I didn't see Jasper in the lineup. But then it came to me overnight in a dream. They don't want to show how good he

is because they're gonna have to cut him in order to sneak him onto the practice squad. With Jasper on the practice squad he will be used

on the scout team and replicate Vince Wilfork, Haloti Ngata, Casey Hampton, B.J. Raji etc. This way, the Bills offensive line will be able

to handle defensive linemaen like that with ease. Buddy, always two steps ahead of the other GMs.

Keep your chins up folks. Kepp your eyes on the prize... "Andrew Luck"

Very funny stuff Trooth. :w00t: I think we all needed a good laugh this morning.

I was diggin that lee Evans comment...deep threat...who needs that....funny.

Look the bills still won't get Luck...some team will more. Sad. I'm lookin at 4 wins. They have sucks so long, it's not even embarrassing anymore. Bills fan4life.

There is something to say about that. We are people who stayed on the wagon, even though no one circles it anymore.

I'm still proud of my loyalty 2 this team....there is something to be said about that.

I was diggin that lee Evans comment...deep threat...who needs that....funny.

Look the bills still won't get Luck...some team will more. Sad. I'm lookin at 4 wins. They have sucks so long, it's not even embarrassing anymore. Bills fan4life.

There is something to say about that. We are people who stayed on the wagon, even though no one circles it anymore.

I'm still proud of my loyalty 2 this team....there is something to be said about that.

loyalty is for suckers. Just sayin.

I also enjoyed the Evans comment. Right...who needs a deep threat? The Bills longest pass play was 11 yards going into the 4th quarter. Ask any QB and they will tell you they love throwing the ball with 22 players packed into a 10 yard area. Easy throws to make. I'm sure S Johnson will love being covered by the like sof Champ Bailey every game. That will defintely ensure a great season for him.

Even if the Bills get the 1st pick in the draft they will not select Luck. He is not the type of QB that Chan prefers. He's a drop back QB, and Chan wants an option QB type. One's that are athetes not QBs.

Even if they do draft Luck out of pure fan pressure, Luck will do everything in his power to end up on a different team.

I truly believe that Luck will not be a Bill no matter what the circumstance.

Sad but true. By the way, you forgot to mention Kelsay and how he should be the next one to get cut. Someone please tell me why we extended his contract? Hands down, Moates should be starting

Maybe there is a surprise 2 come. After all, they were close in the majority of the games last year. They shoulda beat the rapist had it not been for the drop by Johnson.....ya never know.....maybe 8-8?

Maybe Fitz is the next favre? A no look gunslinger. Btw they should bring back TO. For what it's worth, he was a model citizen, and he will behave. It's his last stand in the NFL. just sayin..

Just remember John Elway... He didn't like being drafted by the Colts and forced a trade to Denver...

Does Luck play baseball? If not, his only leverage would be to stay at 'The Farm' another year and earn his Masters.

(All the Luck nonsense is premature anyway - Landry Jones will be the coveted QB after the Sooners go undefeated and win the BCS title.)