Is McKelvin a bust?

It is too early to tell with Spiller; last year's season had issues with new coach and this year who can tell with players drawing out contract issue as long as they could to avoid training and offseason camps as long as they could as long as they could get paid for full season. It would be like determining a poster is a bust with under 200 posts.

I agree that it is too early to tell if Spiller will be any good, but the early returns are not promising. I would note that, normally, great running backs are highly productive right out of the chute. The biggest problem is wasting a No. 9 overall pick on a position that (a) was not a need, and (b) can be capably filled with low round picks and UDFAs, such as F. Jackson. The Spiller selection the best available evidence that Nix is not a competent GM.

Edited by mannc

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cosidering the fact that McKelvin was an 11th pick overall, going into his 4th year in the league,would you consider him a bust? Our first round selections in recent years have been very disappointing , to say the least.

i think he is a bust n just think he totally blew the new england game n the dallas game.......

Mr. Wilson is extremely intelligent. Levy is a fan favorite. To many he is the face of the franchise. It is even bad form on this board to not praise him.

Bringing in Levy made Mr. Wilson a lot of money. He was surely paid less than most GMs. The fans were happy and bought tickets, beer, etc. The rest is history. Levy and the rest of the clowns took the Bills down the tubes, but Mr. Wilson was filling his pockets while putting forth a poor product.

Mr. Wilson is anything but unintelligent.

You are misinterpreting my response. From a business standpoint, in general, he is intelligent. But from a football standpoint he is a dope. The hiring of the incompetent Levy actually set him back dearly from the financial side of the football. Paying cheaply for the position Levy assumed cost him a lot of money when judgments were made on bringing in free agents. Marvelous Marv brought in two mediocre offensive linemen (Dockery and Walker) and paid them at all-star rates. It cost the organization millions of $$$ for miniscule productivity. That isn't an example of Ralph's business acumen, it was an example of his stupidity, not only from a financial ledger standpoint but also from a football standpoint.

Under Ralph's comical stewardship not only was Jauron hired, but he was prematurely given a lucrative extension and more personnel authority. How did that work out? Even the "reluctant to eat a contract" owner had to eat that stupid contract. Are you trying to tell me that that was a smart business decision?

Arguably the best coach in the organization's history (including Levy) Chuck Knox got Ralph's stuck in the mud franchise back into the respectability categoy. The goofy owner tried to squeeze him when he was due a new contract. The high quality HC left the scene of the ghetto football operation with the sharp comments that "this organization is a graveyard for coaches." The end result is that the HC who brought respectability back to the organization and fans back into the empty seats fled the scene so the franchise can slip back into oblivion. From a business standpoint Ralph lost money with his departure. He saved a penny and lost a dollar.

Let's not even discuss the Polian fiasco. While during his tenure of producing scintillating winning football behind the scenes he was constantly in battle with Ralph's designated finance people. Do you think if Polian would have remained he would have payed mediocre players with gilded contracts? Of course not.

I can go on and on but I'm sure you get the point. The owner is a buffoon. He isn't as smart as you make out to be. The problem with Ralph is that he doesn't know his own limitations. He surrounds himself with syncophants because he wouldn't tolerate dissent over his baffling decisions. His major flaw is not so much that he is a fool but he doesn't recognize that with respect to football issues he is a certifiable fool. Ralph may be intelligent in some respect but what he isn't is wise.

I apologize for the extended respone. But whenever the topic is Ralph I get pumped up. It doesn't take much to get my goat-----similar to the way you react whenever the franchise drafts a CB or RB at a high slot. :thumbsup:

Edited by JohnC

Some will say that compared to Maybin and McCargo, he was a solid pick.

Now that those two are gone though, yeah, he's pretty much a bust. The first CB taken and in the prime of his career and he's, well, still a backup prone to looking bewildered on several plays a game.

He's terrible. I'd cut him. Also, Florence looked awful against Denver as well. perhaps it's the coaching, I don't know. I don't expect our current DC to last past week 4, when Wanny will replace him.

You are misinterpreting my response. From a business standpoint, in general, he is intelligent. But from a football standpoint he is a dope. The hiring of the incompetent Levy actually set him back dearly from the financial side of the football. Paying cheaply for the position Levy assumed cost him a lot of money when judgments were made on bringing in free agents. Marvelous Marv brought in two mediocre offensive linemen (Dockery and Walker) and paid them at all-star rates. It cost the organization millions of $$$ for miniscule productivity. That isn't an example of Ralph's business acumen, it was an example of his stupidity, not only from a financial ledger standpoint but also from a football standpoint.

Under Ralph's comical stewardship not only was Jauron hired, but he was prematurely given a lucrative extension and more personnel authority. How did that work out? Even the "reluctant to eat a contract" owner had to eat that stupid contract. Are you trying to tell me that that was a smart business decision?

Arguably the best coach in the organization's history (including Levy) Chuck Knox got Ralph's stuck in the mud franchise back into the respectability categoy. The goofy owner tried to squeeze him when he was due a new contract. The high quality HC left the scene of the ghetto football operation with the sharp comments that "this organization is a graveyard for coaches." The end result is that the HC who brought respectability back to the organization and fans back into the empty seats fled the scene so the franchise can slip back into oblivion. From a business standpoint Ralph lost money with his departure. He saved a penny and lost a dollar.

Let's not even discuss the Polian fiasco. While during his tenure of producing scintillating winning football behind the scenes he was constantly in battle with Ralph's designated finance people. Do you think if Polian would have remained he would have payed mediocre players with gilded contracts? Of course not.

I can go on and on but I'm sure you get the point. The owner is a buffoon. He isn't as smart as you make out to be. The problem with Ralph is that he doesn't know his own limitations. He surrounds himself with syncophants because he wouldn't tolerate dissent over his baffling decisions. His major flaw is not so much that he is a fool but he doesn't recognize that with respect to football issues he is a certifiable fool. Ralph may be intelligent in some respect but what he isn't is wise.

I apologize for the extended respone. But whenever the topic is Ralph I get pumped up. It doesn't take much to get my goat-----similar to the way you react whenever the franchise drafts a CB or RB at a high slot. :thumbsup:

Good post.