Bills-Broncos Official Game Thread

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A OL getting knocked on his can is a different scheme?

Do you know what the offense in generals game plan was? Cause I know chan doesn't send me that information... All I am saying is offensive blocking schemes can get elaborate(zone blocking, etc). Maybe, just maybe Bills haven't installed these yet.

Add to that we have a line that didn't get to gel in the offseason because of the lock out.

It's the preseason. Let's wait and see how Sept. 11th goes first, then we can start screaming.

I am a little concerned that our starting offense hasn't scored a touchdown yet. I'm not panicking yet, but I am worried. I know it's preseason, but there is cause for concern here.

I understand The bills went 0-4 in the preseason and made it to the super bowl, but thus isn't the '90's anymore.

So far, Brad Smith looks better than Fitz & Thigpen

Have a good night everyone!

If the OL is as bad as they look, might as well start Smith. Fitz and Thigpen won't have much of a chance.

Also, we better hope Merriman doesn't go down or we'll never get off the field on 3rd down. Good news is at least the run D looks improved.

Do you know what the offense in generals game plan was? Cause I know chan doesn't send me that information... All I am saying is offensive blocking schemes can get elaborate(zone blocking, etc). Maybe, just maybe Bills haven't installed these yet.

Add to that we have a line that didn't get to gel in the offseason because of the lock out.

It's the preseason. Let's wait and see how Sept. 11th goes first, then we can start screaming.

1.) I'm pretty sure that every blocking scheme in the NFL is designed to have both DEs be touched at some point on a 4-man rush. So regardless of the schemes, there were at least a few breakdowns tonight.

2.) No one's line got to gel in the offseason. They haven't all looked bad. Bell looked the worst tonight, and he's been a starter the last 2 years. Now, they won't always play that bad, and not every RE/ROLB is as good as Dumervil, but it's not like our line were world-beaters last year. If Bell and the other young guys are going to get better, it better start showing up in games at some point.

3.) "I can see that train coming at me, and I'm standing on the tracks, but it's a long ways off. I'll just wait until it gets here before I worry." Luckily, this is just football, not life or death. It's looking like another brutal year so far, though. I'm just saying maybe don't throw down any bets on the over for the Bills this year.

OK, They played bad. But, I am willing to wait and see. New players all over the place, especially on the lines. They need time to jell. It may take to game 6 in the season, but I think CG will game plan to help these guys. Does anyone else think the practices being limited to 1 a day under the new CBA has hurt this team? Lastly the new kickoff rules SUCK!!! They have taken one of the most exciting plays out of the game. Per John Clayton, 90% OF kickoffs were touchbacks,league wide. Last week 78%.

Edited by RU Serious

Lastly the new kickoff rules SUCK!!! They have taken one of the most exciting plays out of the game. Per John Clayton, 90% OF kickoffs were touchbacks,league wide. Last week 78%.

In Denver I wouldn't be surprised if it was 100% if you exclude onside kicks.