If Kordell gets cut we NEED to sign him!

Put aside your personal bias and homophobia aside and listen to my logic. We simply cannot get a better 2nd at this point. Here's my reasoning.

1. He knows this offense.

2. He's played for Mularkey and Clements

3. There is no one we can sign that can adjust faster

4. We still don't have a "slash" player

5. He can play, he was in the pro-bowl two years ago.

6. He's mobile, if Drew goes down he might be able to stay alive.

Flame away

Put aside your personal bias and homophobia aside and listen to my logic.  We simply cannot get a better 2nd at this point.  Here's my reasoning.

1.  He knows this offense.

2.  He's played for Mularkey and Clements

3.  There is no one we can sign that can adjust faster

4.  We still don't have a "slash" player

5.  He can play, he was in the pro-bowl two years ago.

6.  He's mobile, if Drew goes down he might be able to stay alive.

Flame away

12083[/snapback]

Smartest post of the day. I agree 100%.

On paper with the stats in front of you it looks like a solid move. However, this is Buffalo you're talking about. On this board RJ was mocked for having a headband and his hat to the back. I can't imagine the outcry from the fans if we signed Stewart.

The Bills need to sell tickets. Bledsoe can do that based on his past acomplishments. This move would not sell more tickets.

However, don't get me wrong I agree with you that on the field he could help us.

On paper with the stats in front of you it looks like a solid move.  However, this is Buffalo you're talking about.  On this board RJ was mocked for having a headband and his hat to the back.  I can't imagine the outcry from the fans if we signed Stewart.

The Bills need to sell tickets.  Bledsoe can do that based on his past acomplishments.  This move would not sell more tickets.

However, don't get me wrong I agree with you that on the field he could help us.

12097[/snapback]

We don't need to sell tickets. Every game this year is going to be a sellout.

1) hes not "slash" anymore, and will NOT play any position other than QB.

2) hes VARY inaccurate, but i would rather have him than zolman.

3) a 1 year contract is fine with me, and if he gets cut than hell just be happy to sign somewhere.

dont know if these are good, or bad points..... but just to add to the conversation.

On the plus side, signing Kordella to the team will encourage Teague to improve his pathetic shotgun-snapping skills.

12110[/snapback]

Go to www.dictionary.com and type in "homophobia"!

Thanks for being the first to provide such a juvenile response. Care to throw in any racials slurs?

I could care less if Kordel bites the pillow but I do care that he is a horrible QB. I have good friends who pull for Pittsburgh so I watched a lot of their games with them and his last couple of seasons Kordel was friggin' terrible. His last season with Chicago was friggin' terrible. Very inaccurate and no self-confidence or 'fire' that I could see.

That said, if the Bills sign him it will be because as you mentioned Mularkey knows him and is comfortable with him so I could live with that. But if Kordel ever got into a game he'd better play like an all-pro because a mistake or two would create havoc amongst the Bills faithful and could make the drumbeating of 'Dump Donohoe' to loud for Ralph to ignore.

All in all, probably better for TD and the Bills to look elsewhere.

The thing is, if he is cut, is he going to get cut tomorrow rather than a week from now.

12096[/snapback]

I think QBs would be one of the last cuts you make.

You keep them until the final cuts...just in case.

Put aside your personal bias and homophobia aside and listen to my logic.  We simply cannot get a better 2nd at this point.  Here's my reasoning.

1.  He knows this offense.

2.  He's played for Mularkey and Clements

3.  There is no one we can sign that can adjust faster

4.  We still don't have a "slash" player

5.  He can play, he was in the pro-bowl two years ago.

6.  He's mobile, if Drew goes down he might be able to stay alive.

Flame away

12083[/snapback]

7. Should disaster strike at WR, we have another viable option.

I could care less if Kordel bites the pillow but I do care that he is a horrible QB. I have good friends who pull for Pittsburgh so I watched a lot of their games with them and his last couple of seasons Kordel was friggin' terrible. His last season with Chicago was friggin' terrible. Very inaccurate and no self-confidence or 'fire' that I could see.

Thank You!

But you forgot to mention that he's dumber than a bag of hammers.....

Take it easy there, Officer Mike of the PC Patrol. Funny or not, it was just a joke.

Actually, I agree with the original poster on every single one of his points. Kordell is the ideal backup QB for this Bills team. This is just my opinion - and I KNOW I will be flamed for this - but I'd rather have Kordell starting than Drew! At least Kordell can scramble behind this porous OL and he's proven to be able to play at a Pro-Bowl level under MM's offensive system (only 2 years ago).

The big question is whether or not he's likely to be cut. Unfortunately, I think there's little chance he will.

Take it easy there, Officer Mike of the PC Patrol. Funny or not, it was just a joke.

Actually, I agree with the original poster on every single one of his points. Kordell is the ideal backup QB for this Bills team. This is just my opinion - and I KNOW I will be flamed for this - but I'd rather have Kordell starting than Drew! At least Kordell can scramble behind this porous OL and he's proven to be able to play at a Pro-Bowl level under MM's offensive system (only 2 years ago).

The big question is whether or not he's likely to be cut. Unfortunately, I think there's little chance he will.

12156[/snapback]

Maybe you should check the signature section of your profile. I guess the quote by your 9 year old cousin and future grand wizard is a joke too. Sounds like the apple doesn't fall to far from the family tree.

Stewart was an exciting player for several years. But he just isn't a student of discerning defensive formations once he left the years of the Pittsburgh's tutlage (and prompting). His time has passed.

Any NFL team that needs/wants a "slash" QB is akin to a Division II college team... :D