Sunday Ticket through Playstation 3

jonramz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it going to be like the computer version where they only let you sign up if you cannot get satellite?

Yup! You do not have to have Direct TV...just a PS3. It will cost $349 for the season, and it doesn't matter whether you can get satallite or not. If you just want the Ticket, but don't want DTV, you can do that.

They say it will be available for this coming season, but I still can't find out where/how you sign up. One of the endless reams of articles I saw online said it would be available September 1st. Not sure if you buy it through Sony or DTV, as they are both promoting it as a "joint venture". Apparently, DTV wants to get more bang for their buck on the Sunday Ticket...having to give freebies to all the whiners must be killing them! :P

Also, I have read, if you already have the Ticket and DTV, you can pay an extra $50 to get the Ticket on your PS3, which you could then use as a receiver, to watch different games on different TV's at the same time.

Edited by Buftex

Yup! You do not have to have Direct TV...just a PS3. It will cost $349 for the season, and it doesn't matter whether you can get satallite or not. If you just want the Ticket, but don't want DTV, you can do that.

They say it will be available for this coming season, but I still can't find out where/how you sign up. One of the endless reams of articles I saw online said it would be available September 1st. Not sure if you buy it through Sony or DTV, as they are both promoting it as a "joint venture". Apparently, DTV wants to get more bang for their buck on the Sunday Ticket...having to give freebies to all the whiners must be killing them! :P

Also, I have read, if you already have the Ticket and DTV, you can pay an extra $50 to get the Ticket on your PS3, which you could then use as a receiver, to watch different games on different TV's at the same time.

then couldn't you get someone who has Sunday Ticket already, pay them $50 (or more to split it more evenly) to add the ps3 on their account and avoid paying the 340??

such a tough call for me, being out of market.

i know that both games against the patriots are going to be on local tv, so thats 14 games for 340, or 25$ a sunday.

i usually go out, get a few beers and a pizza with my wife and watch the game at a bar, which is probably more expensive. but then again, they are usually out of contention by week 8, and i probably only watch 3 or 4 out of the last 8 games.

decisions, decisions.

then couldn't you get someone who has Sunday Ticket already, pay them $50 (or more to split it more evenly) to add the ps3 on their account and avoid paying the 340??

You sir, are a genius.

Who has DTV and wants to go half-sies?

:devil:

Maybe...I don't have DTV, and have no idea how they operate, but read this...and try to ignore the accompanying photo!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1188517p1.html

Edited by Buftex

sorry...

What I meant was will Direct TV hassle you and make you prove you "can't get Driect TV" first, before they allow you to sign up?

I'm asking because they refused to let me buy the online streaming service last year because they deemed me "able" to get direct TV service.

sorry...

What I meant was will Direct TV hassle you and make you prove you "can't get Driect TV" first, before they allow you to sign up?

I'm asking because they refused to let me buy the online streaming service last year because they deemed me "able" to get direct TV service.

From what I have read, they will not hassle you. They have partnered with Sony, to maximize their profit from their exclusive on the Ticket...I was only half kidding before, but I am sure all the folks threatening to cancel, so they get it free, or heavily discounted, isn't helping them at all, in the long run. They will get money from Sony, and Sony benefits, as they try to monopolize the home gaming industry...they are lowering the price of PS3, btw...I think to around $249 (from $329)...

I am torn, because I already signed up for the Center Ice package...it is not cheap, but about $100 less than the NFL thing...my ladies head will likely explode if I get the Ticket too...I just wish I could find out more details, like if you have to pay in one lump sum (that would count me out), and if the Ticket would be DVR compatible. Also, I think I would miss going to the bar on Sundays to watch...but in the long run, I think it would be cheaper. Going to the bar, I normally drop $30, minimum...we take turns buying a round of shots, if the Bills win...might save some dough there! :devil:

Edited by Buftex

Probably the way that's prevented is your DTV box has an ethernet connection as would your computer/playstation. I'm no network genius but I'd imagine it would be easy for them to verify that both IP addresses are coming from same router?? Now I believe you can pay cable for a dedicated IP address and for a second one if you don't wish to go through a router. Maybe then with two IP addresses could get around it. Of course the cost for two dedicated IP addresses may be more than paying the $350 per year for ST to Go

sorry...

I had the online streaming last year, they asked me three questions via an online form

Do you currently have DTV?

Can you get DTV at your current address?

3rd one I believe was??

Have you ever had DTV at the current address?

Now the first one is easy for them to verify, plus if you have DTV you may as well go direct through them as I'd imagine it's cheaper as more wheeling and dealing. 2nd and 3rd are almost the same thing difference being the 3rd one could also look at prior home owners at that same address. If someone 5 years ago had DTV at that address, then obviously you can get it. 2nd question on it's own would be hard to verify without them sending someone to physically check.

I think they have to ask these questions, maybe verify against a database no prior account at that address, as long as the answer is no, they are happy to take your money.

Really don't see who this hurts much other than local affiliates as you're not watching the game on local channel and there are maybe a couple of local commercials each half that you're now missing. DTV still gets some money from subscribers as opposed to otherwise people watching illegal downloads, hence DTV gets nothing from them. You'd still keep cable as opposed to going to DTV and cable loses your business completely. NFL I'd imagine gets mone yfor each ST account whether it be via DTV or ST to Go. Other than maybe local station who loses on this??

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone heard anything else about this? I've searched around, but haven't found anything new since the announcement. As far as I can tell, still nothing on when/how to buy, details of the service, etc...

Same with everyone else interested in this?

Edited by Faustus

Has anyone heard anything else about this? I've searched around, but haven't found anything new since the announcement. As far as I can tell, still nothing on when/how to buy, details of the service, etc...

Same with everyone else interested in this?

It'll be in the Playstation store before week 1. That's what they say.

It'll be in the Playstation store before week 1. That's what they say.

Yes, I heard September 1st. Still debating this one myself...it is a monthly bill, I might be able to swing it, but not all in one lump payment...also not sure I want to give up going to a bar with a bunch of other Bills fans, to watch. In the end though, it would be a bit cheaper. I figure I spend, minimum $25-30 every week at the bar.

Yes, I heard September 1st. Still debating this one myself...it is a monthly bill, I might be able to swing it, but not all in one lump payment...also not sure I want to give up going to a bar with a bunch of other Bills fans, to watch. In the end though, it would be a bit cheaper. I figure I spend, minimum $25-30 every week at the bar.

Thats how I justify it, I spend at least $22 a week at the Bills Backers Bar. Its not a complete wash you have to factor in Beer at home and food at home but Its close enough for me to justify.

My wife is due on September 10th. So going to the game every Sunday wasn't looking like it would be a viable option for me this year.

Next year I may go the Bills Backers route but right now this is perfect timing for me, I'll be signing up day one.

You can put it on a different credit card than the card that is associated with your PSN account when you check out. So if you have 0% promo or low percentage CC just put on there then you have your monthly payment plan.

I did the NHL package through the NHL.com last year. At it worked great online but sucked donkey balls on the Playstation.

To me it looked like that the app was hacked together pretty poorly. (You had to adjust your screen resolution 720i to get a decent picture and it would buffer like a mutha)

However I had a Direct TV NFL Package account two years ago and the I thought the online version was very elegant and programmed very well.

If the same team makes the app for the Playstation it should be good to go. If it doesn't work though it looks like you still get the online streaming piece so that's what I really want. I have a computer hooked up to the big screen so if all the functionality isn't in he PS3 app, I can just use the one through directv.com.

Edited by Why So Serious?

If the same team makes the app for the Playstation it should be good to go. If it doesn't work though it looks like you still get the online streaming piece so that's what I really want. I have a computer hooked up to the big screen so if all the functionality isn't in he PS3 app, I can just use the one through directv.com.

That's one of the things I want to make sure about. I have an IPad and I want to be able to use the Sunday ticket app on it when I'm traveling. If they have that, I think I'm in. Though I would really like to have a DVR function or the ability to start late and fast forward. Doubt that will be available...

That's one of the things I want to make sure about. I have an IPad and I want to be able to use the Sunday ticket app on it when I'm traveling. If they have that, I think I'm in. Though I would really like to have a DVR function or the ability to start late and fast forward. Doubt that will be available...

I believe With the directtv.com you get access to the "vault" which is old games basically you can on demand your game.

I don't know if that is still part of the package or is part of the PS3 deal.

Atleast the marketing info appears that you get the online piece too.

But you're right I want to verify that before committing.