Jauron

jumbalaya

The lack of ability in our offensive line is glaring. While Wood is solid, Levitre is not holding down his spot, Bell is still a work in project, the right side is a mess. We could enter the first week of the season with two starters that are castoff from other teams and plugged in at the last minute. With the defense getting manhandled by Chicago's power running game this team is looking more like a Dick Jauron team. What happens if Fitz goes down? I am not confident at all with what I am seeing. Taking the under in Vegas on the wins this season.

Edited by jumbalaya

The lack of ability in our offensive line is glaring. While Wood is solid, Levitre is not holding down his spot, Bell is still a work in project, the right side is a mess. We could enter the first week of the season with two starters that are castoff from other teams and plugged in at the last minute. With the defense getting manhandled by Chicago's power running game this team is looking more like a Dick Jauron team. What happens if Fitz goes down? I am not confident at all with what I am seeing. Taking the under in Vegas on the wins this season.

Based on the title of this thread, you should take the over.

Jauron was always good for 7 wins.

The only manhandling done by the Bills first team defense was to Chicago quarterbacks.

The run defense will improve with film study. If it doesn't, would you rather have different personnel on the D-Line? Could we have remedied the problem differently in the off-season? Should we have picked up someone BESIDES Wannstedt to coach up the interior LBers? I just don't understand if your comparing this team to Jauron's based in part on the run defense. I can't think of any way to not be optimistic about this D-line with the talent involved right now...additionally, I don't know how you can essentially say that seeing a need on D-line and drafting Dareus is analogous to seeing a need on the D-line and drafting Maybin... You sir, are off your rocker.

In all fairness, Chicago had its most effective offensive bursts at the end of 1Q and in 2Q, when they left their starters in against Bills' second string.

Bills offense did move the ball, but putting it into the endzone will remain a concern for this team.

Barnett and Merriman were out of the lineup.

And our DLine was in its rotation phase.

Barnett to Torbor = MAJOR !@#$ING drop off.

All of the excuses are well and good, and valid actually, in the first preseason game.

They become less valid in game 2 and much less valid in game 3.

The third game is the one I am interested in. The starters will play much more, the game is in Buffalo, and it is against a fairly average team in the Jags. If the Bills starters do not look like the superior team in this game all the excuses in the world won't matter. Personally I expect the game to be pretty even when the starters are in. And I'm happy it is in Buffalo for the one game I go to so I can have a good look (kids day).

Edited by CodeMonkey

All of the excuses are well and good, and valid actually, in the first preseason game.

They become less valid in game 2 and much less valid in game 3.

The third game is the one I am interested in. The starters will play much more, the game is in Buffalo, and it is against a fairly average team in the Jags. If the Bills starters do not look like the superior team in this game all the excuses in the world won't matter. Personally I expect the game to be pretty even when the starters are in. And I'm happy it is in Buffalo for the one game I go to so I can have a good look (kids day).

even less valid on opening day. I am quietly waiting for the season to start, where all the talking stops, and the games become the real test of where this team is.

Currently though, if I were to make a list of what I saw these would be the synopsis:

1. Improved defensive play, but still not deep in talent past a few starters

2. same old offense, but with some wild cat looks that I don't really care for

3. Spiller looks more patient and may contribute

4. O-line looks pedestrian at best

5. Past Fitz, there are no other capable QBs on the team

6. Special teams look to be the worst unit to play in Buffalo in 10 years

7. The team no longer has anyone to stretch the field

That's really no different than what was on the field last year, and in all honesty, if a few starters go down like they tend to do here in Buffalo, we really won't see any improvement over last year's outcome. Honestly, how could we?

Edited by McKinleys Curse

Barnett and Merriman were out of the lineup.

And our DLine was in its rotation phase.

Barnett to Torbor = MAJOR !@#$ING drop off.

All of which are likely scenarios during the season at some point in games. And heaven forbid that Lights Out or Barnett goes down, or both......you get my point.

The truth will reveal itself soon enough. But our pass defense is overrated because our run defense is so bad. One has to believe that the pass rush is and will be better with Dareus and Merriman and the emergence of Moats, Batten and Carrington. I thought we would have heard more about Troupe and that the added weight and muscle moved him into starting contention but I haven't heard a word. Can anyone shed some light on his progress. But if we can't stop the power runners, we will get annihilated again this year because the offense doesn't look any better, except on third down with B Smith. Time of possession will average 36 to 24 minutes against us. You rarely win when your defense is on the field.

Watched the Browns' scrimmage last Saturday, Jauron's defense was on the field first. First play call for Dick? Time out. I just laughed and told all my friends to expect plenty of prevent defense this year.

DJ will have the last laugh when Cleveland lands a wild card spot and we just miss out on Luck with three wins vs Bengals two.

What a douche. It's plain to anyone that this coaching staff is better than anything DJ was involved in. It's not even funny, and to say that the Win/Loss record is the only measurement is simplistic.