Levitre/Wood/Urbik

Ugh. Three of the five starters are young, are gaining lots of experience, show great promise and hold their own quite well.

Let's blow the whole thing up so we can get this serious upgrade.

Get real, buddy.

The OL is in need of a serious upgrade. What line are you watching buddy?

The OL stinks. Do you know a good line when you see one? I don't think you have any idea.

I don't judge by age, potential or experience, but I do judge by what I see and by objective measures not hypothetical "what ifs" or "what might be" in the future. Everyone in the league can see it except the myopic ones drinking the Kool Aid.

The Bills have maybe a guard and a center. The tackles and right guard are very questionable. Get real.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The OL is in need of a serious upgrade. What line are you watching buddy?

The OL stinks. Do you know a good line when you see one? I don't think you have any idea.

I don't judge by age, potential or experience, but I do judge by what I see and by objective measures not hypothetical "what ifs" or "what might be" in the future. Everyone in the league can see it except the myopic ones drinking the Kool Aid.

The Bills have maybe a guard and a center. The tackles and right guard are very questionable. Get real.

Reality check one: Ever watch ESPN? NFL Network? The Bills and about 23 other teams are trying to upgrade their offensive line. There are no quick fixes, and as another poster documented, drafting OL is a crap shoot.

Second reality check: It takes time, lot's of time, to develop O-linemen. In my opinion, we have some decent people with potential, don't panic, give it time. Urbik is young, and new. How about we at least give him the pre-season before we show him the Maybin treatment.

Third reality check: We do have Hangman, he is a capable insurance policy, who if needed, can come in and hold his own at center or guard.

Hangman will Be the starting RG for this team this year. He isn't the best interior lineman (He is about an average NFL interior lineman) but he can anchor the position at a much more effective level then Urbik or Reinhart could.

I believe Hangartner came to the Bills from the Panthers, mainly for a chance to start @ Center and I am not sure that is (playing RG) something he may be interested. I think Urbik is going to start @ RG for game 1. On the other hand, the RT spot is wide open.

I believe Hangartner came to the Bills from the Panthers, mainly for a chance to start @ Center and I am not sure that is (playing RG) something he may be interested. I think Urbik is going to start @ RG for game 1. On the other hand, the RT spot is wide open.

I can see this scenario:

Chan: Hey Hangman we need you work with the first team at RG this week.

Hangartner: Coach, I am just not sure that is something I am interested in. Let me check with the wife and get back with you.

Seriously now --- The RG job was handed to Urbik and it is his job to lose.

I don't think putting Hangartner back at center is the answer, he is pretty weak at that position. Wood is a major improvement over him. What we need is to bring in someone, ANYONE that can compete for the o-line spots. What is even worse than Urbik, is the though of what happens if he gets hurt. Has anyone watched Mansfield Wrotto play? That guy IS NOT an NFL player.

Unfortunately, the RT spot is not wide open. I am not a Pears fan, but unless we bring in someone else there is NO ONE I've seen behind him that could step up and be a capable OT. Pears is our RT by default at the moment.

Unfortunately, the RT spot is not wide open. I am not a Pears fan, but unless we bring in someone else there is NO ONE I've seen behind him that could step up and be a capable OT. Pears is our RT by default at the moment.

Agreed, and truthfully from what I've seen at TC and in Chicago, our biggest worry is Urbik. He is simply not up to the task. Great size and zero leverage and balance. I don't think he's into it mentally. I think he got away with just being a bull in college. Can't do that in the NFL. Hangman is small but smart and has technique. Until we find someone better, you almost have to put him at RG. The run game will suffer, but with Urbik, the run and pass will suffer, but not as much as Fitzy will.