Who makes the team? Who gets cut?

I'm pulling for all the big guys on D. I liked the play of Heard, Dotson and Jasper. Heard was explosive. Dotson was solid. Jasper had nice push every time he engaged a blocker. He had the pressure that lead to the William's pick. I hope they all make the roster.

My cut list would be: Wang, Easley (deserves another chance), and either Kelsay or Maybin (but of course they aren't cutting Kelsay)

I'm pulling for all the big guys on D. I liked the play of Heard, Dotson and Jasper. Heard was explosive. Dotson was solid. Jasper had nice push every time he engaged a blocker. He had the pressure that lead to the William's pick. I hope they all make the roster.

My cut list would be: Wang, Easley (deserves another chance), and either Kelsay or Maybin (but of course they aren't cutting Kelsay)

My cuts....Maybin, Urbik, and Kelsay for notable ones.

Wang and Urbik were disappointing but may be safe because Wrotto and Rinehart were also unimpressive - does anyone have anything to say about Howard?, I didn't notice him and I missed the first 30 mins so if anyone has anything good to report about the starting Oline tell me.

Don't look now but I think one of the Bills' good guys, and one of their few Pro Bowl caliber players over the past decade, is probably gone. Forrest looks like a pretty terrific punter. It pains me to say it but if trends continue, I see Moorman on the list of cuts.

Other thoughts:

1) Carrington wasn't in any danger but he looked great. I feel really comfortable with him as part of the DL rotation.

2) Maybin is obviously toast.

3) Heard improved his position and I would keep him over Jasper if the numbers demanded it, on the basis of current performance. Looking over the long haul, if they think Jasper has the upside they believe he has, he stays so that the team doesn't lose him.

4) Batten is going to be one of those guys who a lot of people like, even if his ceiling isn't high. He'll chip in on STs and can definitely provide good depth.

5) I wonder, if he just continues to suck, if Thigpen could be sacrificed in favor of Levi. No one is getting a fair shake behind the reserve OL here, but this is just a thought. I also wonder if B. Smith could actually end up #2 on the depth chart.

6) Bryan Scott got faked out of his shoes by waiver wire RBs. Didn't really key in on any of the others, but my impression was that the backup DBs were not as impressive as some of the backup front-seven guys.

5) I wonder, if he just continues to suck, if Thigpen could be sacrificed in favor of Levi. No one is getting a fair shake behind the reserve OL here, but this is just a thought. I also wonder if B. Smith could actually end up #2 on the depth chart.

Smith will play more than Thigpen, but won't start ahead of him if Fitz gets hurt.

There's no chance Brown makes it over Thigpen. They want a backup who has started in the NFL & only Thigpen has starting experience among the backups. It doesn't matter how bad Thigpen looks with the scrubs, Gailey brought him in because he knows what he can do with 1st stringers.

First roster reduction is August 30th.

To 75 Players.

If August 30th is the deadline for the first roster reduction, I'd prefer to wait on most of these guys until we get two more games played (Maybin may be my one exception), especially given the loss of playing and conditioning time due to the CBA delay. If by then some of thee guys that have been mentioned are still stinking it up then bye bye.

Edited by hammie65

On a more optimistic note, players that stood out to me in a good way:

Merriman, Batten, Carrington, Dareus, Heard, A Williams and Smith. I know that Williams had the long completion and the PI penalty against him, but his coverage on the completion was very good and his interception was spectacular. He just has the look of a player that is physical and dangerous to throw at.

I know that Williams had the long completion and the PI penalty against him, but his coverage on the completion was very good and his interception was spectacular. He just has the look of a player that is physical and dangerous to throw at.

Not to mention there was ZERO pass rush. You can't cover forever.