This happens every season...

SPILLLLLLER IS A BBEASTTTTT GO BILS PLAYOFFS 2011!!!!!!!!!

12 months ago

billieve21

The Buffalo Bills are a legit playoff team...if you think about it.. Edwards and Fitzpatrick are underated.

12 months ago

i hope the bills play as good in the regular season as they are doing now in the preseason cuz we are actually looking good this year

12 months ago

okay maybe a strech....im gonna say 9-7 but miss the playoffs

12 months ago

Fans' reactions to our preseason last year, via NFL.com.

Merriman had a couple sacks, let's take a step back, we have gaping holes in our team.

MERRRIMANNNN IS A BEEAASSSTT. Bills playoffs 2012!!

1 post trolls happen every season, too.

I don't think the Bills are a playoff team, but I was pleased to see the first team defense looking good out there last night.

they will be fun to watch but will lose most of their games... still early days for the turnaround of this franchise... it took 5 years to get here,, it will take 5 years to get out

Looks like some decent steps have been taken. But they could have done more in the off season to improve instead of waiting for the next draft. I'm sure one of the free agent Offensive Lineman or one available via trade would be better than Wrotto or Urbik.

Looks like some decent steps have been taken. But they could have done more in the off season to improve instead of waiting for the next draft. I'm sure one of the free agent Offensive Lineman or one available via trade would be better than Wrotto or Urbik.

We went hard at Clabo but couldnt get him to move his family out of Atlanta, and he wanted to stay with a winner.

Not like the FO isnt trying, but you can only control so much, and you can only do so much. Not many other FA OTs that are better than what we already have. I dont know any teams that wanted to trade away a starting OT either.

Gonna have to do the majority of it via the draft. It will come. At least we can see they have a plan.

Edited by DrDareustein

I was very pleased with what I saw last night.

Still think we'll be about a 6-10 team.

BUT I also think it will be clear we are headed in the right direction.

GO BILLS! :thumbsup:

Agree on all fronts. If half the "future probowlers" from last night end up with any impact in their entire careers we will both be lucky, and still moving in the right direction.

This thread happens every season

Obligatory thread to highlight the fact that, we haven't made the playoffs in 11 seasons--the longest drought in the NFL. I'm just trying to manage expectations. Temper the overly optimistic. These Bills' boards are a fickle wave of emotion from day to day. Remember "Maybin turning the corner?" a few days ago...yeah me too.

Merrimen did provide justifcation for excitment last night. He made 3 or 4 big plays in the oppposing teams back field against starters and never once clutched his calf from reinjury. Maybe he really just needed a few seasons to recover and is able to play again. An even if he is 80% the player he was, it will still be the best pass rushing prospect we have watched in years...

I get so sick of posts like these. Who GIVES A FLYING FANOOTER if we end up sucking this year? We've sucked for TEN DAMN YEARS, can't we enjoy some positives from a frickin preseason game for five damn minutes before someone comes along and lifts their leg on the optimism? We already KNOW we're probably going to have another losing season...you're not telling us anything we're not aware of...but for fux sake, once in a while it's nice to enjoy a little excitement over something the Bills did, misguided though it may be.