He's baack!

The effect a probowl olb in the 34 has may as well be equated to that of a qb on offense. Everything runs through him. If he can get there, corners look great, the other 6 stop the run, etc... If he can't, it's a loooong day.

If merriman is healthy we just got one of the (possibly the) best in the game. It's a huge if, and Chicago has an awful line, but it couldn't have gone better. I still worry we don't have that guy on offense, and that the guy on defense is a huge risk at best still but that would be a massive hole to fill longterm if we get the lights out of old. We had no premiere players at premiere positions. It's possible we have one now.

1)Is this the real Shawne Merriman? 2) Can he stay healthy and maintain the intensity?

Don't know but I really, really, love the pass rush. Could turn into a WMD defense... (Williams , Merriman, Dareus) GO BILLS!

Edited by #34fan

1)Is this the real Shawne Merriman? 2) Can he stay healthy and maintain the intensity?

Don't know but I really, really, love the pass rush. Could turn into a WMD defense... (Williams , Merriman, Dareus) GO BILLS!

What's nice is if he and Barnett are healthy and dareus works out...we suddenly get a really strong front 7 that can dictate games. Forcing a center, guard, and tackle to account for dareus, Williams and merriman (if things work out) is a huge huge huge step up from stroud Williams and the flavor of the week at olb (even if you love moats, or anyone else). Still two huge "Ifs" in that trio but it doesn't look impossible.

Edited by NoSaint

I know it's only preseason but 2 sacks in 1 series is great start and if he can stay healthy he is going to be really fun to watch. Darius is looking like monster as well, the big man is wreaking havoc first game in with a sack of his own.

Let's not get carried away with the individual pat on their backs. These men played like a cohesive unit up front. Seeing so many of our defenders flying around their qb was euphoric. Our run blocking unfortunately would snap me out of it in a hurry.

Just imagine if we are set at defense and next years draft and FA period was all offense, if this D holds up all season with all these young players we can get our tackle and gaurd in next years draft and trade for matt flynn in he isnt already gonna be a FA next year, GO BILLS

The effect a probowl olb in the 34 has may as well be equated to that of a qb on offense. Everything runs through him. If he can get there, corners look great, the other 6 stop the run, etc... If he can't, it's a loooong day.

If merriman is healthy we just got one of the (possibly the) best in the game. It's a huge if, and Chicago has an awful line, but it couldn't have gone better. I still worry we don't have that guy on offense, and that the guy on defense is a huge risk at best still but that would be a massive hole to fill longterm if we get the lights out of old. We had no premiere players at premiere positions. It's possible we have one now.