Cool story from camp

My brother and I have Harvard football hats and Coe college hats to commemorate Fitz and Fred jackson. During autographs, we gave Fitz my Harvard hat and he goes "Hey alright" and signed it for us. Tonight after practice I tracked down fred and called out to him that I had a Coe College hat and he said "whos got that hat?" I gave it to him and he asked me where i got it and I told him i bought it online and he was like "hey man thats really cool" and shook my hand.

Just a cool story i thought I'd share

My brother and I have Harvard football hats and Coe college hats to commemorate Fitz and Fred jackson. During autographs, we gave Fitz my Harvard hat and he goes "Hey alright" and signed it for us. Tonight after practice I tracked down fred and called out to him that I had a Coe College hat and he said "whos got that hat?" I gave it to him and he asked me where i got it and I told him i bought it online and he was like "hey man thats really cool" and shook my hand.

Its a good thing your 'cousin' told you and your brother to get those hats. Foresight is a great thing.

Seriously....that's a great story and I'm sure the players thought it was pretty cool as well. Good for you guys.

I remember being at the first practice of the 2007 season...everyone was in camp, except Marshawn Lynch. I got all the rookies (minus ML) to sign a training camp program...but I remember some young kid asked Trent Edwards to sign a football card. Apparently, it was the first time Trent had seen himself on a card...he was really thrilled...kid said he purchased the card in the merchandise area at training camp. Trent called a woman over (assuming now it was his sister, I thought maybe his gf at the time) and asked her to go in and buy one...despite the way things turned out, Trent seemed like a nice kid...

I remember being at the first practice of the 2007 season...everyone was in camp, except Marshawn Lynch. I got all the rookies (minus ML) to sign a training camp program...but I remember some young kid asked Trent Edwards to sign a football card. Apparently, it was the first time Trent had seen himself on a card...he was really thrilled...kid said he purchased the card in the merchandise area at training camp. Trent called a woman over (assuming now it was his sister, I thought maybe his gf at the time) and asked her to go in and buy one...despite the way things turned out, Trent seemed like a nice kid...

totally agree. trent, unlike losman, wasn't a cocky SOB out in town just trying to mac girls at the Steer. He was a much more humble, genuine and down to earth guy. Just never should've suited up for that Arizona game...

totally agree. trent, unlike losman, wasn't a cocky SOB out in town just trying to mac girls at the Steer. He was a much more humble, genuine and down to earth guy. Just never should've suited up for that Arizona game...

Whoa, hang on there. I met JP twice--once at Thursday in the Square and once downtown at Skybar--and he couldn't have been nicer in person. He was friendly, down to earth, very un-cocky. I can't speak to your experience in meeting him, but both times he was totally the opposite of what you describe here.

Edited by thebandit27

Aside from the way things turned out Trent seemed like a really nice guy. I had the pleasure of meeting him once at Wrigley Field in Chicago. The Cubs & Dodgers were playing and i was standing at a beer stand waiting for my cold one during the middle innings. I turned around and saw Trent standing behind me. I said "Hey Trent". He looked at me with a look of shock. I said "Im from Buffalo". He laughed and said "I figured you had to be. Not many people around here recognize me." Then we had a quick conversation about Cubs/Dodgers, T.O, and the upcoming season. He even offered to buy me a beer.

I had the pleasure of meeting Jehuu Caulcrick at Left Bank. It was slightly embarrassing since I had no idea who he was and had to ask him what position he played. That and I was introduced to Jehuu by my mom and sister who were both blasted and buying him drinks. Not sure who was hitting on who though since I was late to the party. Cool guy, and local too. Not sure how much time he'll get playing behind McIntyre, but I'll be looking for him this season.

I'm surprised you could find a Coe College hat. Coe College is tiny, and you could miss it if you weren't looking for it. It's smaller than most community colleges. If I wasn't required to be in the neighborhood (ex wife was from the city of five smells - Cedar Rapids), I would never have noticed it. Pretty campus though. Just surprised you could find stuff from them.

Good find.

Edited by Phil Hansen Forever

My wife was a special ed teacher back in 1999-2000 or so, when training camp at Fisher was still a new thing. They took the class on a field trip to camp one day. Now this was a group of about a dozen kids, all of whom had some pretty serious issues, profoundly mentally and physically disabled. This was back in the Flutie days.

Anyway, they had the class there, and after practice, Flutie took time to visit, talk, sign autographs and take pictures with each and every one of those kids even though it was a super-hot summer afternoon. The kids, parents, teachers, everyone, was pretty thrilled. My wife said he couldn't have been a nicer guy and was just so great with the kids. His son has autism, so obviously disabled kids are pretty close to his heart, but he just went above and beyond that day.

Also, funny side note, my wife is all of five feet tall, so everyone of "average" height and above looks pretty tall from her perspective. But still, she was surprised by how short Flutie was. :)

Good story. And yeah, that AZ game killed Trent. Bizzare how he never recovered from that.

Good story. And yeah, that AZ game killed Trent. Bizzare how he never recovered from that.

Not to thread-jack, but everyone that says this likes to conveniently ignore the fact that he played his best game as a pro the following week against San Diego.

It wasn't the concussion that did Trent in, it was his inability to play QB against good defenses.

But yes, these are cool stories.